Automotive

Why Honda is failing

Aug 13, 2006
664 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
I have been talking about particular xDrive with Performance Package and you keep on referring to just xDrive which may be the problem right there because the normal xDrive and the one with the Performance package are 2 different systems. This particular xDrive requires the car to already have xDrive then you add the Performance Package ontop. Now the X6 by default comes with this. The X1 in Asia, you can have it come with it. I do not know if the X3 we have here comes with it or not. Market name vs Market name does not give a clear representation of what the AWD does.
From all the stuff I have been saying, you need to pit a BMW with the ZF Rear Differential against a SH-AWD. Not just SH-AWD to the normal xDrive because the normal xDrive DOES NOT torque vector.
I did not only just give you links to marketing material to the ZF Rear differential. The other link does give you a brief summary of what the ZF Differential does, and one other link regarding what the SH-AWD does. I have done my part in not being mis-informed by simply marketing terms/marketing press and taken source from different places and NOT wikipedia. I can only assume that you did not read my other links if you are not able to comprehend what I have said.
Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
3932 posts
1543 upvotes
Toronto
kyoshiro wrote: From all the stuff I have been saying, you need to pit a BMW with the ZF Rear Differential against a SH-AWD. Not just SH-AWD to the normal xDrive because the normal xDrive DOES NOT torque vector. Thank you.
At least we can agree Xdrive is POS compared to SH-AWD. X Drive doesn't even have torque vector which is somehting MItsubishi has ten years ago.

X Drive with performance package is probably on par with SH-AWD but that's a different story. You probably need to pay another 5000 dollars to upgrade from POS regaulr X Drive to X Drive with real performance that''s comparable to SH-AWD.
Aug 13, 2006
664 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
Ceryx wrote: At least we can agree Xdrive is POS compared to SH-AWD. X Drive doesn't even have torque vector which is somehting MItsubishi has ten years ago.

X Drive with performance package is probably on par with SH-AWD but that's a different story. You probably need to pay another 5000 dollars to upgrade from POS regaulr X Drive.

Yes I can agree with that because they're definitely at 2 different ends of the spectrum in terms of capabilities. This ZF Rear Differential is like 1500~ on the A5, I don't think its that much more on BMWs but BMW Canada being total pos, they might charge a lot more. Mitsubishi has always been ahead of its game in terms of AWD systems, its sad that they're just not able to sell the volumes in NA. Mitsubishi's S-AWC is on a totally different level.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4377 posts
395 upvotes
Ceryx wrote:
In States, MDX is the best selling 7 people SUV where RDX is selling as much as GLK/X3.

A lot of people don't like Acura because of the new Grill design. That doesn't change the fact Acura/Honda Powertain is still one of the best.

the mdx is the best selling luxury 7 seater suv. The best selling 7 passenger suv would be lambda combined or pilot/traverse if counted by itself.