• Jul 21st, 2018 5:07 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1473 posts
833 upvotes
Saudi Arabia
benjicash wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 9:42 pm
What an exciting Friday night for Skeeter and Bubba. Beyond dumb. I don’t have an issue with ICE vehicles and I bought the model 3. I have an issue with the mentally flaccid.
The higher and louder the truck, the lower the IQ of the driver.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9306 posts
2654 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
NoPistons wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:36 pm
Eh says you ? Do you buy cellphones? Do you use Hydro? Do you eat all natural home grown food yourself? Its funny how you forget everything you buy is bad for the environment in one way or another, But you can make yourself feel better buy buying a car....

I rather take junk then an over-priced status symbol, they are like the Apple of the auto world.

I would rather take 100 "junk" cars over a Tesla
No need to assume that ev car is the only thing I do. I do recycle, I don't have kids , I minimize my electricity and gas usage, I don't throw around garbage polluting, I don't eat animals, my garden has some fruits and veggies, etc. Chances are my family has a much smaller footprint over yours, notwithstanding ev.
Last edited by Andro on Jul 11th, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23165 posts
9629 upvotes
Ottawa
Andro wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:40 pm
No need to assume that ev car is the only thing I do. I do recycle, I don't have kids, I minimize my electricity and gas usage, I don't throw around garbage polluting, I don't eat animals, my garden has some fruits and veggies, etc. Chances are my family has a much smaller footprint over yours, notwithstanding ev.
Cough cough...BS.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9306 posts
2654 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
vkizzle wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:43 pm
Cough cough...BS.
Enjoy your SUV...don't let those fumes cloud your judgement of others)
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2373 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
This thread is quite the entertaining read lol

Don't hate, get a V8!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9306 posts
2654 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
marcsterr wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:54 pm
This thread is quite the entertaining read lol

Don't hate, get a V8!
It ain't the 90s brah... the world has moved on, or at least should have
Feb 25, 2015
344 posts
112 upvotes
ON
I'm thankful we have choices and can buy what we decide is best. Why bash what others decide to buy?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1473 posts
833 upvotes
Saudi Arabia
Invalid12 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:16 pm
I'm thankful we have choices and can buy what we decide is best. Why bash what others decide to buy?
Scroll down the automotive forum, and you'll see another thread with a similar title. That's why.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11195 posts
1650 upvotes
RFD
Invalid12 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:16 pm
Apparently you haven't seen the other thread, you should post the same exact thing there.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1275 posts
675 upvotes
Andro wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:40 pm
No need to assume that ev car is the only thing I do. I do recycle, I don't have kids , I minimize my electricity and gas usage, I don't throw around garbage polluting, I don't eat animals, my garden has some fruits and veggies, etc. Chances are my family has a much smaller footprint over yours, notwithstanding ev.
Well I for sure don't recycle (gotta love private garbage collection), will have at least 3-4 kids, use excessive A/C and heating. I toss garbage out the window constantly while driving. Meat is focus of my every meal, and my garden is rocks.

There I balanced you out so your contribution means nothing. Perhaps you can virtue signal less and accept people aren't all wealthy and just trying to get by? EVs may be viable later on but for families they are not right now
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9306 posts
2654 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
LoANeal wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 7:47 am
Well I for sure don't recycle (gotta love private garbage collection), will have at least 3-4 kids, use excessive A/C and heating. I toss garbage out the window constantly while driving. Meat is focus of my every meal, and my garden is rocks.

There I balanced you out so your contribution means nothing. Perhaps you can virtue signal less and accept people aren't all wealthy and just trying to get by? EVs may be viable later on but for families they are not right now
I hope that's a joke, as its hard to imagine that kind of ignorance and backwardness. One likes to think that human society moved past stone age, but then again Ontario did vote for Ford, so... :facepalm:

P.S. Ignorance never balances anything out
Last edited by Andro on Jul 12th, 2018 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1275 posts
675 upvotes
Andro wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 8:58 am
I hope that's a joke, as its hard to imagine that kind of ignorance and backwardness. One likes to think that human society moved past stone age, but then again Ontario did vote for Ford, so... :facepalm:

P.S. Stupidity never balances anything out
Ha! Absolutely not. Mankind advanced for me to have these freedoms and luxuries and my ancestors fought, struggled, and died for the next generation to have this stuff so I'm damn well gonna use it and enjoy it all the time. Is it stupidity that I use that which was given to me to be enjoyed? Then really all of mankind is stupid (I won't argue that, it probably is). I do all those glorious things that being born in Canada during this time allows me to do because I'm free to do so as thankfully we fought against tyranny and all that. If I wanna toss batteries in the garbage then have that garbage incinerated (cause that's what we do in my area) then by golly I'm gonna do that. If I want to have a V8 muscle car to burn twice the amount of gas any normal person needs to burn, I'm gonna do that. If I then want to keep my cottage land idyllic and free of all of that, well I'll continue to row to my cottage, plant and care for trees, grass, and gardens there.

Welcome to freedom! Live and enjoy it :)
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Oct 12, 2007
81 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
It will take some time, but once we figured out how to efficiently build Solid State Batteries, the range and recharge time will be massively improved while avoiding environmental impact with battery manufacturing.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9306 posts
2654 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
LoANeal wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 9:39 am
Ha! Absolutely not. Mankind advanced for me to have these freedoms and luxuries and my ancestors fought, struggled, and died for the next generation to have this stuff so I'm damn well gonna use it and enjoy it all the time. Is it stupidity that I use that which was given to me to be enjoyed? Then really all of mankind is stupid (I won't argue that, it probably is). I do all those glorious things that being born in Canada during this time allows me to do because I'm free to do so as thankfully we fought against tyranny and all that. If I wanna toss batteries in the garbage then have that garbage incinerated (cause that's what we do in my area) then by golly I'm gonna do that. If I want to have a V8 muscle car to burn twice the amount of gas any normal person needs to burn, I'm gonna do that. If I then want to keep my cottage land idyllic and free of all of that, well I'll continue to row to my cottage, plant and care for trees, grass, and gardens there.

Welcome to freedom! Live and enjoy it :)
With every freedom comes some responsibility. Adults can generally understand this concept. You are free to do as you please, within the law, but one would think a rational human being strives for more than just a bare minimum. Human life evolved beyond basic survival and consumption.

As a fellow Canadian you should understand these concepts very well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)