Why are mono pod/tripods so expensive?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2008 7:12 am
Tags:
None
Jul 14, 2004
158 posts
8 upvotes
I was really excited about the horizontal thing on my tripod, but it turned out not too useful. I mostly shoot food, but in order for me to actually use this feature I have to climb on a chair and balance there looking into the viewfinder at the same time trying not to block and of my lights and reflectors with my shadow... Quite an adventure!!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
2879 posts
134 upvotes
Markham
Julia_K wrote: I was really excited about the horizontal thing on my tripod, but it turned out not too useful. I mostly shoot food, but in order for me to actually use this feature I have to climb on a chair and balance there looking into the viewfinder at the same time trying not to block and of my lights and reflectors with my shadow... Quite an adventure!!
If you're shotting straight down on the food, why are you shooting food on a table?

Why not just set it up on the ground...move the lights down and then tripod can be at chest/waist height?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2235 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
SENSEI wrote: If you're shotting straight down on the food, why are you shooting food on a table?

Why not just set it up on the ground...move the lights down and then tripod can be at chest/waist height?
:cheesygri
i like the way u think

well if you are scared about blocking light just frame the shot and then use the timer....
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2235 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
i got a mint manfrotto 055clb (pretty much same as 055cl) for $80

got a new manfrotto 222 joystick knock off by induro for $50

total 130 for a very sturdy setup!

ive had the 20D+580ex+fongdong+grip+70-200 with no problems at all
Jul 14, 2004
158 posts
8 upvotes
SENSEI wrote: If you're shotting straight down on the food, why are you shooting food on a table?

Yeah, I thought about it, but the idea of putting the plates on the floor is not really appealing to me, also in a one givine photosession I shoot from different points of view and you can't see those points of view while the food is on the floor, nor can you use your tripod for that as well. So, I'd have to move the whole setup up and down which is even more hassel.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)