Shopping Discussion

Why are most types of spray paint products so expensive in Canada? Can I buy from US?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2016 12:05 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 16, 2009
47 posts
Oakville

Why are most types of spray paint products so expensive in Canada? Can I buy from US?

Every time I go to buy some kind of spray paint product in Canada I find that the prices are damn near ridiculous.

Plasti-dip is nearly $20 / can, VHT high heat spray paint $18 / can, DEI silicone high temp spray $18 / can, the list goes on. Our neighbors to the south pay less than half that for many of these products. I know our dollar is weak right now but it wasn't any different when there was parity. Even with the current exchange rate + shipping I'm confident I can find them cheaper down south. Is it possible to ship aerosol products to Canada? Or will they be confiscated at the border?

Thanks!
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6049 posts
2086 upvotes
Walmart in the USA has flat black, gloss black and white generic branded spray paint for $1. Yes I realize it's not the highest of quality - but it comes in handy for quick minor outdoor touch ups.
Crappy Tire and Home Depot want much more for no-name low end spray paint.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12589 posts
1954 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Because graffiti taggers.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2009
47 posts
Oakville
Becks wrote:
Apr 14th, 2016 6:11 pm
Because graffiti taggers.
Yeah but they have those in the US too... they still pay a fraction of what we do
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11344 posts
6162 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
CDN dollar is low brah.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4887 posts
1640 upvotes
Canuckland
Rustoleum is the same as vht for high heat applications.

Sells at HD for $13

I believe car quest sells VHT for $15