• Oct 18th, 2016 3:12 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
Speak to Councillor Josh Colle. I am sure he can help you out. Seems like a nice enough guy!
Aug 23, 2015
64 posts
18 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
icemasta wrote: Just applied online and went through the steps. I received my orientation almost 2 years after I applied just to give you a heads up but after the interview stage everything progressed quickly. Have more than enough customer service experience but don't have any large vehicle experience. Additionally, I didn't get any extra or inside help I did it all in my own.

I say just apply and hope for the best.
Congrats and thanks for the info. How do you like the job overall?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5834 posts
1219 upvotes
aGincourt
icemasta wrote: Just applied online and went through the steps. I received my orientation almost 2 years after I applied just to give you a heads up but after the interview stage everything progressed quickly. Have more than enough customer service experience but don't have any large vehicle experience. Additionally, I didn't get any extra or inside help I did it all in my own.

I say just apply and hope for the best.
Sounds good... I've applied on an off over the past 3 years but I'm going back to school now full time anyways. But once I get out I'm definitely going to apply to jobs in my field and also to the TTC
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
absolutetruth100 wrote: Congrats and thanks for the info. How do you like the job overall?
Haven't started. Just did documentation which is the last step before training date. So at this point I'm waiting.

I have a job with the federal government but Ive been stuck on contract for the past 8 months. I'd like to stay but being permanent whuch the TTC offers just makes planning easier for the future.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
Buddy applied about 1.5 year ago. Got selected to run the streetcar lines. Did the graveyard shift for the first 2 months, then evening shifts 5:30-1:30 (he prefers them). Overall, he's enjoying it. Good money, able to plan for the future, amazing benefits.
Jul 7, 2010
805 posts
109 upvotes
burbs
i dunno. the stress level has to be pretty high and after a while that will get to you. between traffic, stupid drivers, fare dodgers, sitting all shift, etc can't be good for you long term.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5834 posts
1219 upvotes
aGincourt
aubgray wrote: i dunno. the stress level has to be pretty high and after a while that will get to you. between traffic, stupid drivers, fare dodgers, sitting all shift, etc can't be good for you long term.
Nothing a $60k salary can't fix
Banned
Nov 1, 2014
4317 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Swswswish wrote: Nothing a $60k salary can't fix
60k is not nearly enough to deal with the garbage they see everyday

60k is not much
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1226 posts
230 upvotes
Mecca
LandKing wrote: 60k is not nearly enough to deal with the garbage they see everyday

60k is not much
It's more than the vast majority of Canadians.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1116 posts
207 upvotes
I applied to TTC in the past but never heard anything back.

Dealing with the public does suck, but corporate/office environment isn't any better either. Plus I don't mind driving for long hours
Apr 30, 2016
52 posts
8 upvotes
Hi everyone,

I changed my display name. FYI, applied again and now have an interview coming up.

Still making the same money at my job.

I was also told by a family friend that worked 13 years with the TTC, that he knows someone that had a degree, did different TTC positions over the past 8 years, and now is a Superintendent making 160K!
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
4145 posts
206 upvotes
Etobicoke
absolutetruth101 wrote: Hi everyone,

I changed my display name. FYI, applied again and now have an interview coming up.

I was also told by a family friend that worked 13 years with the TTC, that he knows someone that had a degree, did different TTC positions over the past 8 years, and now is a Superintendent making 160K!
Superintendents are Level 12, which is 135K capped, with no overtime at that level. FYI.
Ebay (701-0-0) - zhenya01
Heatware (28-0-0) - ViperZ
CanuckAudioMart (80-0-0) - zhenya01
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
Does that mean that 160K from his family's friend is inflated number?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2409 posts
765 upvotes
New Brunswick
terry0703 wrote: Does that mean that 160K from his family's friend is inflated number?
You got played.
Apr 30, 2016
52 posts
8 upvotes
ViperZ wrote:
absolutetruth101 wrote: Hi everyone,

Superintendents are Level 12, which is 135K capped, with no overtime at that level. FYI.
What do Superintendents do?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
raichu1 wrote:
terry0703 wrote: Does that mean that 160K from his family's friend is inflated number?
You got played.
I didn't believe the number from the beginning.
When it comes to 'my family's friend ('s brother/sister's...can keep going on) makes $xxx' story, I always think the number is at least 20-50% inflated, or deflated, every time there is a middle person who spreads the story.
Just checking if that was the case in his number too.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
I'm going to change my name too and apply.

Kidding aside, job security is paramount. Go for it OP and all the best.
Dec 27, 2007
344 posts
165 upvotes
Only $60,000-70,000?

Too far below the RFD minimum of $100k. And you're driving a bus on weekends, holidays, and night shifts. Pass.
Oct 6, 2007
290 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga
Not to mention icy roads, protecting your bus and passengers from crashing, possible abuse and violence from passengers.

Good luck O.P.