Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
430 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga

Why Rogers stopped offering white BB Z30

i have got great feedback from customers who have used it.

Hence it is surprising that white model in unavailable .

Not sure if it is Rogers or BB issue?
12 replies
May 12, 2012
60 posts
25 upvotes
BC
Rogers was never going to carry the Z30, and they never did in-store. All Z30 devices were special order.

Z30 is also coming to end of life (phone has been out for over 20 months).

Anyone wanting a BB these days is best to buy one outright. There are lots of great deals on the Z30 through Staples or Crackberry.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
430 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga
I have good feedback about Z30.

I was planning to get one soon .

Are u sure this will be discontinued ?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6756 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
vivmk20 wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 5:38 pm

It's a great phone for sure, great hardware spec for the price that it is now. But yes, it is being discontinued, effectively being replaced by the BB Leap.

As mentioned by droller the device has been available for public consumption for ~20 months and the hardware tech itself is over 2 years old.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
May 12, 2012
60 posts
25 upvotes
BC
vivmk20 wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 5:38 pm

Yes, the smartphone life cycle lasts roughly 2 years. It can be more or less than that by a few months depending on popularity (Old S4's and iPhone 5 are still sold I think), how many the company ordered from the manufacturer and release date. The Z30 device will still receive OS updates and such, so nothing to worry about there.

August/September is considered back to school season for carriers. BTS and Christmas time are their biggest sale seasons. This is why the majority of flagship devices launch in April or September.

PS - I'm a happy Z30 owner since it came out in October of 2013. If you can pick one up for under $300, you've found yourself a wonderful device at a great price! GL :)
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
430 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga
Well, I got option from my company to pick from many phones - iPhone, Android and BB.

As I have been using iPhone for last 3 years, I want to try it as like you, all who have used this phone, speak highly about it so want to give it a try

QUOTE=droller;22376823]Yes, the smartphone life cycle lasts roughly 2 years. It can be more or less than that by a few months depending on popularity (Old S4's and iPhone 5 are still sold I think), how many the company ordered from the manufacturer and release date. The Z30 device will still receive OS updates and such, so nothing to worry about there.

August/September is considered back to school season for carriers. BTS and Christmas time are their biggest sale seasons. This is why the majority of flagship devices launch in April or September.

PS - I'm a happy Z30 owner since it came out in October of 2013. If you can pick one up for under $300, you've found yourself a wonderful device at a great price! GL :) [/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3882 posts
4053 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cwb27 wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 8:49 pm
But yes, it is being discontinued, effectively being replaced by the BB Leap.

As mentioned by droller the device has been available for public consumption for ~20 months and the hardware tech itself is over 2 years old.
Did you know that Leap continues to use the same 2 year old hardware tech(MSM8960)? In fact, the Z30 is slightly better being MSM8960T.

Only in Blackberry world can a new phone use a same generation processor compared to a 2 year old model.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4568 upvotes
Montreal
droller wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 10:45 am
Rogers was never going to carry the Z30, and they never did in-store. All Z30 devices were special order.

Z30 is also coming to end of life (phone has been out for over 20 months).

Anyone wanting a BB these days is best to buy one outright. There are lots of great deals on the Z30 through Staples or Crackberry.
Umm...can you please post these 'great deals'? I see $299 at Staples and $269 @ Crackberry, ok deals but certainly not 'great' considering the leap is only $50 more.
Apr 2, 2009
853 posts
138 upvotes
Markham
If you someone who works for Blackberry, you can get an unlocked Z30 for $180 + tax.
May 12, 2012
60 posts
25 upvotes
BC
ottofly wrote:
May 6th, 2015 1:01 pm
Umm...can you please post these 'great deals'? I see $299 at Staples and $269 @ Crackberry, ok deals but certainly not 'great' considering the leap is only $50 more.
Really man? Aiya... Really don't understand why so many people on RFD are so rude to each other. This is why I rarely contribute to threads. :(

Doing a quick search of "Z30" will show some prior deals people have picked up. The lowest being $180.
staples-directdial-blackberry-z30-white ... m-1701037/

The build quality of the Z30 is that of a premium smartphone. I don't know much about the Leap but I don't think build quality will be as good.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6756 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
ottofly wrote:
May 6th, 2015 1:01 pm
Leap is definitely a cheaper phone as compared to the Z30.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Jul 16, 2009
706 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Cuz rogers is racist!
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4568 upvotes
Montreal
droller wrote:
May 6th, 2015 3:33 pm
Really man? Aiya... Really don't understand why so many people on RFD are so rude to each other. This is why I rarely contribute to threads. :(

Doing a quick search of "Z30" will show some prior deals people have picked up. The lowest being $180.
staples-directdial-blackberry-z30-white ... m-1701037/

The build quality of the Z30 is that of a premium smartphone. I don't know much about the Leap but I don't think build quality will be as good.
Wow, how is that rude? You posted "there are lots of great deals". The word 'are' for me, means the present and not the links you posted which were 2 months ago and barely anyone got those prices. Don't understand your rude comment. In any event, thank you for your contribution.