Off Topic Archive

Locked: Why are some asian parents so strict on their kids?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2010 11:17 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Jun 22, 2009
704 posts
7 upvotes
Gotham City

Why are some asian parents so strict on their kids?

Why are some asian parents so strict on their kids? My friend married this asian girl this year. This asian girl was 30 y/o and her parents were very strict with her and at that age, she still had a curfew! WTFFFF???? why can't asian parents let their kids live life and let them grow up into full adults? why do they have to control their kids?

This is a major reason why that asian girl jennifer pan killed her mom. according a poster here, her mom was really strict on her.
Share:
82 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
11891 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
funboi22 thread
Deal with it.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2007
1157 posts
16 upvotes
funboi22 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2010 11:06 am
Why are some asian parents so strict on their kids? My friend married this asian girl this year. This asian girl was 30 y/o and her parents were very strict with her and at that age, she still had a curfew! WTFFFF???? why can't asian parents let their kids live life and let them grow up into full adults? why do they have to control their kids?

This is a major reason why that asian girl jennifer pan killed her mom. according a poster here, her mom was really strict on her.

Because they were most likely naughty when they were young. But more than likely, she didn't approve of the boyfriend she was dating.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
Why does funboi22 like to troll? Some things will/can never be answered. *meh*

Oh and this is my first time in a funboi22 thread. :razz:
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2003
1958 posts
54 upvotes
GTA
1. out of selfishness, asian parents tend to treat their kids as their private property, they are expecting something from their kids in the future in return for their efforts to raise the kids.
2. family honor, "face" and show of authority
3. discrimation against coloured race, if their kids are dating black bf/gf.
4. control freak
funboi22 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2010 11:06 am

Jun 29, 2007
237 posts
Scarborough
elmst200 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2010 11:21 am
4. control freak
Sums it up.
Banned
Jan 19, 2009
2301 posts
98 upvotes
i dont think this is limited to asian parents.

the problem just seems worse with asian parents because the kids dont move out until they are like 30.
Banned
Nov 19, 2010
519 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe because canadian culture is too soft and corruped and they don't want their kids to end up in it? Otherwise you will start to see dozens of chinese squeegee kids under the bridges at Lakeshore Ave W, I prefer the status quo.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4336 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Funboi, you have been reading these RFD forums at least since Jun 23rd, 2009. Therefore you should know that answer as well as many things about Chinese culture (especially implemented in Canada) in great detail. Only if you read threads as much as you started new ones. ;)
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15925 posts
355 upvotes
No Frills wrote:
Nov 24th, 2010 11:52 am
Funboi, you have been reading these RFD forums at least since Jun 23rd, 2009. Therefore you should know that answer as well as many things about Chinese culture (especially implemented in Canada) in great detail. Only if you read threads as much as you started new ones. ;)

+1 It was covered in so many threads too...
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
3568 posts
31 upvotes
i put on my winter tires last weekend.
shaka braddah!
[OP]
Banned
Jun 22, 2009
704 posts
7 upvotes
Gotham City
ricoboxing wrote:
Nov 24th, 2010 11:56 am

you are offside
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3033 posts
119 upvotes
ricoboxing wrote:
Nov 24th, 2010 11:56 am

I was thinking about doing it this weekend.
Temps have been kinda warm for nov thou lately, no?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
3568 posts
31 upvotes
5dark wrote:
Nov 24th, 2010 12:03 pm
I was thinking about doing it this weekend.
Temps have been kinda warm for nov thou lately, no?

yes you should do it this weekend. double digit temps for a day or 2 won't harm your tires.
shaka braddah!
Banned
May 31, 2010
633 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
× < >