Real Estate

Why is South Durham less desirable than North?

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2016 9:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
474 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
AudiDude wrote: I'm going to put on my body armour. Going to make and espresso for me and my Vietnamese friend and head Ajax for the afternoon with my dutch buddy. On my way home, I will stop at the Chinese grocery and get some meat I'm going to smoke and share with my Portuguese neighbour. I hope I don't die. Wish me luck.
We still drive to Scarb for groceries...
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
eldeejay wrote: We still drive to Scarb for groceries...
Blue Sky in Pickering has it all, you owe it to yourself to take a look. You can also drive the back roads and shop in Markham. Markham road alone has many grocery stores between Steels and Major Mac. Two No frills, Sunnys, Costco, Garden Basket, Food Basics, and a whack load of Sri Lankan places. In the same run, two Home Depots, Lowes, tons of restaurants with pubs, pure halal, Hakka , Portuguese, East Indian, Greek , Italian, greasy spoons etc. all this on the east border of Markham.

I take the back roads there with no traffic or traffic lights and then the same way back. No 401 involved.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
474 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
AudiDude wrote: Blue Sky in Pickering has it all, you owe it to yourself to take a look. You can also drive the back roads and shop in Markham. Markham road alone has many grocery stores between Steels and Major Mac. Two No frills, Sunnys, Costco, Garden Basket, Food Basics, and a whack load of Sri Lankan places. In the same run, two Home Depots, Lowes, tons of restaurants with pubs, pure halal, Hakka , Portuguese, East Indian, Greek , Italian, greasy spoons etc. all this on the east border of Markham.

I take the back roads there with no traffic or traffic lights and then the same way back. No 401 involved.
Blue Sky too expensive. Food mart in Ajax ok sometimes depends whats on sale. Oshawa has all the usual chain stores with multiple locations too.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
eldeejay wrote: Blue Sky too expensive. Food mart in Ajax ok sometimes depends whats on sale. Oshawa has all the usual chain stores with multiple locations too.
Where else can I buy pork shoulder for $.50 a lb and get fresh food? Driving to Scarberia isn't saving much money with time lost, fuel and wear and tear.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
474 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
AudiDude wrote: Where else can I buy pork shoulder for $.50 a lb and get fresh food? Driving to Scarberia isn't saving much money with time lost, fuel and wear and tear.
If it's on the way home from work and hooking up with friends at the same time it's no big deal.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
eldeejay wrote: If it's on the way home from work and hooking up with friends at the same time it's no big deal.
It's why I shop in Markham. On my way home and I drop by boredstudent3 and make sure he is working hard.
Oct 27, 2012
406 posts
396 upvotes
Shwa
AudiDude wrote: Where else can I buy pork shoulder for $.50 a lb and get fresh food? Driving to Scarberia isn't saving much money with time lost, fuel and wear and tear.
I never seen pork shoulder at brue sky for 50 cents.
Wife goes there on a weekly basis. Ain't no Asian store in da dirty shwa.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
eldeejay wrote: If it's on the way home from work and hooking up with friends at the same time it's no big deal.
jookid wrote: I never seen pork shoulder at brue sky for 50 cents.
Wife goes there on a weekly basis. Ain't no Asian store in da dirty shwa.
Typo from the iphone, it was .58 per lb, but I don't think that breaks the bank.

$11 worth of sausages.

See the advantages by living near the highway? I bought four shoulders even though I have 5 in the freezer (cryovac) because it was so cheap. Yesterday I bought eight one, inch or larger, pork chops for $10. They had the 6 pack of romaine lettuce, same as Costco for $3.99 which blows Costco out of the water. Same brand. Get yo woman the Reebee app and keep an eye open. The did the pork again two weeks after I bought and they never take the sale sign down right away.