Tags:
None
Mar 12, 2008
97 posts
21 upvotes
Lasalle

Why thread closed?

Hi, i didn't know where to ask.

Thread price-error-asus-970-266-shipped-dc-1904651 was closed, I understand it seemed to be a trolling issue but there was some nice information added by the last poster which educates people with their rights regarding pricing error.

In this particular case an order was placed with an email confirmation and regardless if it's a pricing error the company has to honor it, it does not matter which province you live in, it is a Canadian law. They can't just cancel your order and/or give you a 20$ rebate for the hassle!
You have to ask yourself, why are they really offering you 20$ for that?

DirectCanada is part of NCIX and they are quite known for pricing errors and bait and switch selling. People need to start to fight these guys. I love their prices but for example their weekly specials regularly has issues complying with the Canadian laws that specifically says you need to have enough stock to cover for your special.
What they do is they put an amount on sell and even though they have stock left, when they reach the amount of stock reserved at the special price they will sell the rest at full retail even though the special is still valid in dates.

I have been blacklisted from NCIX for signifying this with BBB which they are member of. Instead of rectifying the issue they decided to delete my account and the points I had accumulated...

Anyways, all I'm saying is people have rights and you need to use them. Most people don't really know their rights, I highly encourage everyone to look into it, it's worth it for everyone.

I hope not to get bashed for saying this, I'm used to receive answers to this like "Company will close if everyone does it" and similar ways of acknowledging what businesses are doing is always right...

There's rules for people and there are rules for companies as well. If I'm getting caught by a police for speeding, I can't start arguing that I could have financial problems if I get a fine, same goes for anyone and specially a business, they have rules to follow but rarely have to deal with consequences so they just keep going...

Another point, I saw the alleged bill, the person paid for insurance 3.75$! One might not realize this but it's not the buyer responsibility to pay for insurance! If you're package never arrives or is damaged, how can you be accounted for that? I looked it up and DirectCanada free shipping is covering the amount up to 100$. When they sell you an insurance they keep that money, they don't actually pay CanadaPost for upgrading the shipping! They keep that money and still use the same insurance and overall make a decent amount of money because usually package gets to destination without issues! I confirmed this with a CanadaPost manager when I had a package of 180$ never arriving and they wanted to reimburse me only 100$!! Had to go through certain loops but in the end I was fully reimbursed. Took 2 months but got my money back. It's crazy to charge someone for someone else responsibility... It is a way for them to make money! But you should never have to put up with this and pay in case something happens when that something is entirely outside your capabilities!

Good day!