Shopping Discussion

Why would anyone shop at William Sonoma?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2015 7:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17817 posts
887 upvotes
Home outfitters also has Bar Keepers Friend, I think I paid 3.99 for it. Works great on our oven top
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
5840 posts
2405 upvotes
Target has BKF for $2.99 - 10% ;)
Apr 21, 2014
47 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anyone have any opinions on whether the liquid or powder is more effective?

And true, I wouldn't pay retail price at W-S when you can do some searching online and find a lot of the same items for significantly less.
The US pricing is pretty good, except our dollar is so poor right now, it's not really worth it to shop there...
Apr 21, 2014
47 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This has nothing to do with WS but on the topic of BKF, I am at Target now and their retail prices:
Powder, 340g $1.99
Liquid, 369g $2.29
and 10% off
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1745 posts
825 upvotes
Not sure if it's the exact same items, but I know WS sometimes carry things which you cannot find in other stores. When WS goes on sale, the items are not bad (you have to wait for the sale though).

I know some people who spend a lot of time at work (eg. finance people) just buy things at regular price at one place which they know will carry nicer stuff. The amount of time spent looking for a sale for them is actually more costly.

I had a chance to talk to some of those people -- it's not that they intentionally want to flaunt cash, they prefer to spend time making money than spending the time to save it. Interesting thought process, IMO.

P.S. Never bought anything there... ended up finding a better sale elsewhere for the item that I wanted.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17762 posts
1764 upvotes
Space for rent
Even the name William Sonoma sounds posh and stupid like Audi and Mercedes Benz.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12130 posts
1811 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
b1xvuk wrote:
Feb 6th, 2015 2:30 pm
Can anyone please help me grasp this? Is there something I'm missing? Why would anyone pay 2-3x the price at WS for small appliances (kitchenaid mixer, vitamix etc) when they can get the same thing for at least half the price WS is selling at, regular price anywhere else?
Umm, same reason peeps shop at the Bay vs Walmart for the same item and pay 2-3x more on some items. Ridiculous. I saw the same T-FAL pan at Walmart for $29.97 yet the Bay was $84.99. Totally lmao!!
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)