Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Target

Why you shouldn't shop at Target

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2014 2:24 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 9, 2013
2 posts

[Target] Why you shouldn't shop at Target

Here's my online rant - simply because I've had an extremely frustrating experience and I USED to be loyal to Target.

I went in on Black Friday to buy an iPad (that's a whole other story itself but not the point of this post). Anyways, I went in to purchase the iPad and got my $65 gift card ($50 bonus plus $15 min spend amount). When I was checking out I explicitly asked if the item was refundable to which the salesperson replied it was a full refund to the method of payment (in my case - Visa). Well imagine my surprise when I went in yesterday to return the gift card and the iPad unopened (it didn't even make it out of the shopping bag) and they tell me at this point they're only refunding me the value of the iPad less the gift card and I can keep the gift card. It's Christmas people! I don't need a $65 credit for a store I don't even want to shop at. When is it good business practice to say to someone....oh you paid via credit card for an item and we gave you a gift card (which they acknowledge i didn't even purchase) but we're not going to give you all your money back when you return it. Instead we'll force you to keep the gift card and only give you a portion of what you paid - back.

DON'T SHOP AT TARGET!
4 replies
Nov 29, 2009
19 posts
3 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
Ouch. I was looking to buy this deal but they were sold out. I would be a little pissed given your situation. They should take it all back, especially since it's unopened.
Aug 25, 2011
645 posts
313 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Is it even an accepted practice for retailers to refund gift cards?

I don't see why this is such a big deal.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
That's normal practice, you're lucky you didn't get the whole purchase put on a gift card! If they did a full refund they would have no way to verify if you used the gift card or not. Imagine how big of a scam it would be buying things for the bonus gift card, using it, then returning everything for a full refund.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln