• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2010 4:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1166 posts
166 upvotes
B0000rt wrote: I don't know about you, but there's some SERIOUS CA in the whole top left of the image... Even with my bad eyes I can see it..
As I recall, the position of the sun was very close (almost immediately) to left of the edge of that photo. I did anticipate the CA, don't judge the lens by my poor technique at using it! :)
Jan 27, 2002
117 posts
3 upvotes
EFS 10-22 on a crop. Great for landscapes, city scenes, interior architecture, exterior architecture, cars. Horrible for shooting people unless they're right in middle and you're shooting at 22mm. Tried using it for tight spaces at a wedding and it didn't go so well.

I've posted this before here. It's at Rogers Centre, section 125:

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/278 ... 5dbd_o.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2008
1166 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Aaah are you selling this lens soon (like within a week)
I am looking for a used one like crazy for my 5D
Or, rent it to me for 4 weeks for $100 :P
I buy it off you and sell it for $100 less :)
malaujai wrote: Sigma 12-24 on a FF

I used to shoot with it almost exclusively at 12mm because of the unique look (I think this is the widest non-fisheye lens you can get for a FF sensor, though the new 8-16 for crop will pretty much be the same). I've recently started shooting with it at 24mm more, because I am going to move to the 24LII soon. Wide open, the lens isn't the sharpest at the corners, but stopped down to F8 or higher, its quite sharp. The other gripe I have with this lens is that its fairly slow (F4.5-5.6), so night shots will definitely require a tripod, most likely even for lit up skyline shots.

12mm
[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/431 ... 7f2b_o.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
1169 posts
97 upvotes
Tokina 11-16 f/2.8

11mm and 16mm most commonly.

Buildings, landscapes, indoor cramped spaces.

Oh, and it usually ends up being my walking-around lens when I go out with it. I figure I can always crop to what I want, and the quality is very good. Only time it's really useless is if I can't physically get close enough to something, in which case a zoom comes out.

Yes, there's distortion on the sides at 11mm, but that can create some great effects. Exaggeration of distance is great for low-angle shots, close-ups with people (ie.- finger point, foot-stomp, punch, or distorted large face/small body).
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
2005 posts
691 upvotes
GTA
dslrnewb wrote: Aaah are you selling this lens soon (like within a week)
I am looking for a used one like crazy for my 5D
Or, rent it to me for 4 weeks for $100 :P
I buy it off you and sell it for $100 less :)
I'll try to let you know. I received the lens as a gift from someone close, so I'd feel a bit unappreciative if I just sold it without letting them know (since they may also want it). I'm hoping to go put down a deposit for the 24LII this week so I'll try to keep you updated :)
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4532 posts
59 upvotes
Wish I had a more interesting photo to upload but this is the only shot I've taken with a UWL (Sigma 10-20mm):

Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2006
1880 posts
124 upvotes
lucci wrote: As I recall, the position of the sun was very close (almost immediately) to left of the edge of that photo. I did anticipate the CA, don't judge the lens by my poor technique at using it! :)
CA can be easily removed in post processing. Wouldn't worry about it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7641 posts
448 upvotes
BC
Paranoidandroid wrote: Wish I had a more interesting photo to upload but this is the only shot I've taken with a UWL (Sigma 10-20mm):

is that Tin Cheung???
insert witty comment

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)