None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
4913 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto

Wii/PS3 in Winnipeg

people from the peg, please tell us eagers winnipeggers when our stores are getting Wii/PS3 stock. Ive seen it for the other cities, might as well start ours too.

Well...

There were some today at EB games (about 20) to get the ball rolling...
490 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3860 posts
212 upvotes
Caledon
please add winnipeg to the title of the thread
thanks
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1320 posts
111 upvotes
kcotoulas wrote:
Nov 26th, 2006 12:42 am
please add winnipeg to the title of the thread
thanks
I 2nd that.
Oct 11, 2005
160 posts
What is this thread about? Aren't employees not spoose to disclose which stores are getting what? So how would we know unless you go to the store to see the sign in the window in the morning?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2005
3044 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Where is the Hot deal???

C.
~~ Never argue with an idiot -- he will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.~~
Sep 27, 2003
277 posts
110 upvotes
Winnipeg
thats exactly the point.

If someone sees it at say walmart.. post quickly where they saw it and how many. Like when I got my wii, i called a bunch of people that quickly rushed down and get their own wii. I posted when i got home.
Jul 26, 2004
125 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Cyber6 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2006 2:13 am
Where is the Hot deal???
Maybe it was changed after the edit, but I would suppose the hot deal is if you can get your hands on a Wii. You could always sell it on Ebay for about twice as much as they're retail worth, which, IMO, is a pretty hot deal.
"If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal" - Emma Goldman
Deal Addict
May 20, 2005
3044 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Politikil wrote:
Nov 26th, 2006 2:43 am
Maybe it was changed after the edit, but I would suppose the hot deal is if you can get your hands on a Wii. You could always sell it on Ebay for about twice as much as they're retail worth, which, IMO, is a pretty hot deal.
Mkay, I just don't think in "profiteering" when I think in a hot deal. Kind of like ticket scalping IMO.

But to each its own.

C.
~~ Never argue with an idiot -- he will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.~~
Jul 26, 2004
125 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Cyber6 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2006 11:49 am
Mkay, I just don't think in "profiteering" when I think in a hot deal. Kind of like ticket scalping IMO.

But to each its own.

C.
Yeah, I agree, I was getting choked when I looked at Ebay and all the people who were selling them for $500 - I got mine for my daughter's birthday - but yes, to each his own. It also might have value, like it did for me, of being able to pick one up, and I know she'll feel special when she gets it. That was the hot deal for me. But yeah, i guess I can also see why you are questioning what indeed is 'hot' about the Wii's being available.
"If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal" - Emma Goldman
Oct 5, 2006
572 posts
393 upvotes
Calgary
i heard Zellars was carrying some that weren't picked up, b/c so few ppl think of zellars these days. i'd give them a call before hand, but might have to wait for a while b/c they never answer their phones!
Nov 25, 2006
92 posts
43 upvotes
RICHMOND
What I've learned today:

EB - Got a shipment yesterday apparently, sold out
TRU - Some BS about not getting anything until after X-Mas. Yeah right.
BestBuy - Likely a friday shipment again
Wal-Mart - Has no idea
SuperStore - Doesn't know
FutureShop - "Any day now". Possibly tomorrow?

EDIT: This is regarding the Wii
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
4913 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
this is how it follows for last week at least:

Zellers - Got a few shipments on Friday (North Gate)
Walmart - Some on Friday
Futureshop and Bestbuy - Had 40 - 60 on Friday
EB Games - Had some yesterday
TRU - they sold their preorders and dont know when stock is coming back. They have games tho

I know employess arnt suppose to disclose their amount, but i dont think many care (as my friends). I will keep you guys updates
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2004
1535 posts
9 upvotes
They're probably gone now but I saw 2 Wii's at the FS on Leila a couple days ago. Accessories were all sold out.
Nov 28, 2006
43 posts
I'll hopefully be calling around today to see what places had them. A friend of mine looked last night and said that Zellers told them they had some in on Tuesday but had sold out again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)