The WILFRID LAURIER UNIVERSITY thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2014 1:12 am
Nov 10, 2008
24 posts
1 upvote
Dee_Jay wrote:
May 23rd, 2009 6:59 pm
What about black people? I saw a few when I went to the open house, I normally hang with anyone regardless of race (mostly whites) but im concerned as to weather or no I would stick out like a sore thumb.
Laurier is definitely mostly white, but it's not like you'd "stick out". There are enough black people that I don't think you'd feel uncomfortable. Lots of black students are very involved in extra-curriculars and other stuff so I don't think you'd be uncomfortable.
Feb 9, 2009
58 posts
2 upvotes
Thank you for the reply, it should make the transition much easier.

On another note I was planning to take the exact same spread as this person during 1st year.
Noir wrote:
Jun 1st, 2008 4:13 pm
i'm taking as101 first semester and as102 second semester.

i'm taking cp102 second semester... but i've heard mixed reviews on this one. some people are saying it got harder in the past year?

also... i was thinking of taking a course DE (gg102 in first sem)... do you think that's a good idea?
I might either replace the human geography with a social welfare DE course or 2 1st year French courses (no experience with French) would this be a good idea.
Nov 10, 2008
24 posts
1 upvote
Dee_Jay wrote:
May 24th, 2009 7:44 pm
Thank you for the reply, it should make the transition much easier.

On another note I was planning to take the exact same spread as this person during 1st year.

I might either replace the human geography with a social welfare DE course or 2 1st year French courses (no experience with French) would this be a good idea.
I think both would be mostly easy, but I'd lean toward taking Human Geo DE. Everyone I know says it's even easier than taking it on campus.
Aug 17, 2008
1 posts
Mississauga
Did anyone here take SY203: Sociological Theory? DE or online.. I was wondering.. what's the course like?

Thanks
Jun 7, 2009
2 posts
Toronto
im seriously looking for some bird courses, so far ive got:

CS101
May 18, 2009
30 posts
Toronto
astronmy is easy, you do these online assignments usually, multiple choice/matching/fill in blanks, etc. which are not that difficult. Exams are multiple choice and the prof posts her slides online, some people dont even bother going to class. Did i mention the extra bonus assignments too boost your marks? :cheesygri
Jul 19, 2007
60 posts
The astronomy course is so easy, I have a major-specific restriction against taking it, and I'm in computer science. I'm also not allowed to take CP102, so it's a good thing you're taking that.
Nov 12, 2006
188 posts
Toronto
CP102 is definitely a bird course. I've been an Instructional Assistant for that class for the past two years. Haha, I don't know why I subject myself to that continuous monotony.
Oct 29, 2008
160 posts
8 upvotes
im a bba student entering 2nd yr and was wondering ... is it harder or easier compared to first yr in general? :confused:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2006
1757 posts
25 upvotes
Retrospects wrote:
Jun 8th, 2009 6:07 pm
astronmy is easy, you do these online assignments usually, multiple choice/matching/fill in blanks, etc. which are not that difficult. Exams are multiple choice and the prof posts her slides online, some people dont even bother going to class. Did i mention the extra bonus assignments too boost your marks? :cheesygri
Captain Soviet wrote:
Jun 8th, 2009 8:46 pm
The astronomy course is so easy, I have a major-specific restriction against taking it, and I'm in computer science. I'm also not allowed to take CP102, so it's a good thing you're taking that.
napalmfrog wrote:
Jun 8th, 2009 10:56 pm
CP102 is definitely a bird course. I've been an Instructional Assistant for that class for the past two years. Haha, I don't know why I subject myself to that continuous monotony.
Agree with all of these. CP102 and AS101 are easy. If you don't get at least an A- in both, something's wrong lol.
ukilledanoob wrote:
Jun 10th, 2009 12:51 pm
im a bba student entering 2nd yr and was wondering ... is it harder or easier compared to first yr in general? :confused:
Also going into 2nd year BBA. I've heard mixed reviews, but most say it's easier than first year (since you've adjusted and everything) except for Stats. If you know your statistics, you're pretty much set I guess.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2006
2069 posts
47 upvotes
2nd year is independent year, depends how hard you work.7

Bu 227 - easy A
Bu 247 - people may struggle with the concepts, but its a joke course
Law - If you have shelley goto lectures, its not that tough and study hard before the midterm and final.
OB - A joke, not even worth mentioning, just goto class.
Stats - depends how good your stats are, Kellar is gone, I heard its not hard to get an A anymore
BDM - People get owned because the midterm is always around Toronto interview day.
Macroecon with Vaughn - A joke of a course, goto class and take solid notes. It's all drawing graphs. I would buy the study guide too.

The problem with second year is it will be the first time you will have to be writing resumes, going to info sessions, applying to jobs and juggling it all. Most people get owned in the midterms during interviews in the Winter term, I mean if you have a investment banking interview or a midterm to study for, the interview takes precedence. But overall 2nd year is the easiest next to 4th year.
Jul 30, 2006
806 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
adehbone wrote:
Jun 10th, 2009 4:28 pm
2nd year is independent year, depends how hard you work.7

Bu 227 - easy A
Bu 247 - people may struggle with the concepts, but its a joke course
Law - If you have shelley goto lectures, its not that tough and study hard before the midterm and final.
OB - A joke, not even worth mentioning, just goto class.
Stats - depends how good your stats are, Kellar is gone, I heard its not hard to get an A anymore
BDM - People get owned because the midterm is always around Toronto interview day.
Macroecon with Vaughn - A joke of a course, goto class and take solid notes. It's all drawing graphs. I would buy the study guide too.

The problem with second year is it will be the first time you will have to be writing resumes, going to info sessions, applying to jobs and juggling it all. Most people get owned in the midterms during interviews in the Winter term, I mean if you have a investment banking interview or a midterm to study for, the interview takes precedence. But overall 2nd year is the easiest next to 4th year.
I dont know where you heard that but stats was voted as the worst course last year by the cord.

I'd say 2nd yr is a little harder than first but that's mainly because you have fewer electives. i'm going into 3rd year which i've heard is the hardest one but it's supposedly downhill after that :D
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2006
2069 posts
47 upvotes
lol the cord. Kellar was another level, damn him and his yachts. I remember even if you went up to him after class to ask a question he would be like, the TA hours are monday...bye.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
4740 posts
16 upvotes
Scarborough
I was in econ last year and applied to switch into BBA 2nd year. I got these marks:

EC120 B-
BU111 B+
EC140 A
BU121 A

Im so worried I might not get in because of my EC120 mark. We should find out before June 24 and its killing me.
Heatware
PEPSI IPOD MINI WINNER (JUNE 2005)
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2006
2069 posts
47 upvotes
Your econ mark is fine. the Bu111 mark is the only thing a bit more worrisome, I would say your a shoe-in, but you never know what the competition is like.
× < >