Students

The WILFRID LAURIER UNIVERSITY thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2014 1:12 am
Jun 24, 2009
4 posts
Jyeatbvg69 wrote:
Yea, my GG294 didn't work, nor did GG231.
Wierd my GG231 worked just fine (winter).

Aside from that, anyone know any more electives for the fall, I was trying to get into PP201 but it was full the moment i signed into Loris :(
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2006
1851 posts
321 upvotes
Hitman2009 wrote: Wierd my GG231 worked just fine (winter).

Aside from that, anyone know any more electives for the fall, I was trying to get into PP201 but it was full the moment i signed into Loris :(
Damn, ****ing gay Loris ****. Now that class is full :(
Jun 4, 2007
478 posts
2 upvotes
Kitchener
Hitman2009 wrote: I was able to get into some elective courses (GG 102 and GG231) but it gives me a major restriction error on GG294 for some reason guess its not open to bba students yet. Anyone get into PP201 distance ed? It was full 1 min after Loris opened up
Im registered for PP201 DE, keep checking every day though, sooner or later a spot should open up...
Jun 24, 2009
4 posts
RayK wrote: Im registered for PP201 DE, keep checking every day though, sooner or later a spot should open up...
Just got in :D
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2005
5002 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Is PP201 easy? I chose EC 223 (Banking) over it. . .
Heatware PEPSI IPOD MINI WINNER (JUNE 2005)
Jun 24, 2009
4 posts
maebach wrote: Is PP201 easy? I chose EC 223 (Banking) over it. . .
Aparently its like 10 quizes and a 30% final, and 2 of the quizes get droped...

Money and banking seems like an extension of Macro..to me, I've heard Environmental Economics is a joke
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2006
1851 posts
321 upvotes
Alright got all my courses!!

I'm taking HI248 right now (Impact of WWII) so I only needed to choose two electives. I did GG294 (Geo of Tourism) and GG101 (Human Geo).

I'm thinking of minoring in Geography btw..
Jun 4, 2007
478 posts
2 upvotes
Kitchener
Does anyone know if it looks bad if you are taking 2 distance ed. courses in the same semester? I don't know what electives to take and im thinking of doing GG231 DE, but i have PP201 DE already.
Jun 24, 2009
2 posts
Jyeatbvg69 wrote: Strong conspiracy..what's your source? Why would you start a fire to commit suicide? or did WLU start the fire to cover up? :confused:
Honestly man, a don in that building told a friend of mine. The kid started the fire himself using gasoline.

Believe whatever you want. Its a sad story either way.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2005
5002 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Has anybody applied for scholarships? I was using the awards search to look for scholarships but the deadlines were Sept 2008 so I guess the awards office hasnt updated them. Is there any better tools? Ive tried studentawards.com but its just contests.
Nov 10, 2008
24 posts
1 upvote
eminem90 wrote: Honestly man, a don in that building told a friend of mine. The kid started the fire himself using gasoline.

Believe whatever you want. Its a sad story either way.
Yeah, the fire department confirmed that the fire had nothing to do with problems with the building. And I heard that they found a gas can in his room. Really unfortunate story.

Also, EC 223 is mostly easy. There's a 40% midterm which is pretty easy and a 60% final. The structure can be a bit intimidating I suppose. And Vaughan is not returning to Laurier next year so it will be someone else teaching the course (possibly Siklos?)

International trade and environmental economics are also very easy. Not very difficult A's to get if you stay on top of things.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2006
1851 posts
321 upvotes
Alright I'm in a weird predicament.

I might want to minor in Geography, but you need GG101,GG102 and 2 senior credits in geography. I already took GG102 in first year, and I'm taking 2 geo courses this year. In year 3-4, for my program you're only allowed 2 electives, so that brings me to 5 geo credits.

What can I do?

I'm taking a history course now (summer), so that's why I'm only taking 2 geo this year.
Nov 12, 2006
190 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Jyeatbvg69 wrote: Alright I'm in a weird predicament.

I might want to minor in Geography, but you need GG101,GG102 and 2 senior credits in geography. I already took GG102 in first year, and I'm taking 2 geo courses this year. In year 3-4, for my program you're only allowed 2 electives, so that brings me to 5 geo credits.

What can I do?

I'm taking a history course now (summer), so that's why I'm only taking 2 geo this year.
There is nothing stopping you from taking extra classes at all. There is nothing "limiting" you to a certain number of electives. The program requirements can be seen more as a "bare minimum". If it's only one class or two you need for a minor, it might be fiscally worth it to end up taking those few extra classes. Hopefully that makes sense.

You can take that extra class during the school terms (may have to overload), or a decent number are available DE in the summer.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2005
5002 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
How is everyones schedule like? I posted mine in another thread so i thought I might as well paste it here as well. Does anyone have the same classes as me?

2nd year BBA at WLU. 1st semester on left and 2nd semester on right. Section G first semester and section H 2nd semester.

[IMG]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3853/schedw.jpg[/IMG]
Nov 12, 2006
190 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Yes it's light, epecially second term, but considering it's my 6th year in undergrad (last year of my second degree), I deserve it. Plus, I'm doing my undergrad thesis, so there is technically a half credit per term tacked on consisting of weekly meetings, and TONS of reading, writing, and lab work. I've already started lab work this summer as my job (I was lucky and got an NSERC USRA through UW's Earth Sciences department, w00t!)

Mar 1, 2008
23 posts
Jyeatbvg69 wrote: BTW my fall section is J and my winter section is H.
so we have the EXACT same sections next year haha.
Mar 1, 2008
23 posts
Also I have a question regarding coop:

My GPA is over the coop cut-off for this year (in the 8 range), so i know i got an interview at least. BUT my friend told me how this one guy didn't get coop because he had 7's in both his business courses- which i do too. Can anyone confirm/shed some light if there's any truth in this?

Also I didn't do too great in EC120 so i retook it DE over the summer resulting in a MUCH improved mark- would anyone know if this would affect my getting into coop?

PS. I have good work experience/volunteer experience/extracurriculars so i'm going to emphasize the crap out of that in my interview :|
Sep 13, 2007
166 posts
1 upvote
The way I understand it, once you have crossed the cut-off for the interview, your marks become much less significant in the decision for co-op admission.

Unless its changed, admission is based on grades, EC's, work exp, volunteer, and interview performance (which is most important imo). If you can convey whatever skills you have and make it sound decent, you'll probably get in.

I wouldn't worry about having a 7 or whatever, what's done is done - just make the best of it and stress your strengths in the interview.

good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2005
5002 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
I was wondering how many business students kept their EC120/140 textbooks after first year? Im contemplating whether I should keep them for reference, but I assume the new textbooks would provide all the info necessary.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2006
1851 posts
321 upvotes
maebach wrote: I was wondering how many business students kept their EC120/140 textbooks after first year? Im contemplating whether I should keep them for reference, but I assume the new textbooks would provide all the info necessary.
I haven't sold any of my books. Too lazy and people never get back to me (even though I'm offering 50% off the initial prices). Not really in a bind to sell them, just irritated that some of the books I bought I opened maybe once or twice. I could easily put them back on the shelf and no one would know it's used!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)