Shopping Discussion

Will Costco.ca do price adjustment with Costco warehouse?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2016 3:34 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6456 posts
925 upvotes

Will Costco.ca do price adjustment with Costco warehouse?

I bought two items at Costco.ca on the 24th. Today went to Costco and notice they have the same item cheaper. The order has not been shipped yet. Will Costco.ca do a price adjustment for the difference against Costco warehouse? I have sent them an email but no reply yet. Thanks.
5 replies
Mar 17, 2009
203 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga
No they won't. Keep in mind the Costco.ca pricing includes shipping.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6456 posts
925 upvotes
What happen to returned item bought at Costco.ca? Do they put them back as warehouse inventory and try to sell it in the warehouse? Will they let you buy back the same item after refunding you the online order? The same item that I ordered online for $179.99 is sold out at the warehouse for $134.97. There is a $45 difference and that is for shipping alone. I can't accept that they charge $45 for a 5 LB box with UPS Standard service. I ordered 2x of the same item. That is $90 in shipping charge.

Anyone tried this before?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
To be fair, Costco online lets you use cc of your choice and offer aeropoints as well so the higher price is not just shipping.

Costco doesn't resell returns, the returns and left over stock are usually auctioned off periodically. Plus, Costco.ca runs like a separated company, the warehouse is only a service location, they will take and process the return but the stock belongs to Costco.ca so it is very unlikely they will sell it back to you at the warehouse price.

Get they to search the stock in other stores for you I find you haven't and if they are, your options are limited.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
jtcb wrote: I bought two items at Costco.ca on the 24th. Today went to Costco and notice they have the same item cheaper. The order has not been shipped yet. Will Costco.ca do a price adjustment for the difference against Costco warehouse? I have sent them an email but no reply yet. Thanks.
No they won't, because they deliver the item to the address you provided, and the price includes shipping. I can't say this is the case now, but I recall that Costco.ca used to say that the price may be different inside the warehouse because, well, you're not having it shipped to you.

The warehouse may do a price adjustment but they may also just tell you to refund the product you have then go inside and buy it again. Based on the fact you say it's a 5lb box, if worse comes to worst, just return and rebuy from the warehouse.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.