Cell Phones

will credits follow if you trade prepaid account -Telus?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2012 3:03 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster

will credits follow if you trade prepaid account -Telus?

hi,
I have over 370$ in credits on my telus prepaid plus a plan that is no longer offered - 10$ 20c a minute if on credit card top up or not sure what the regular call rate is- 30c? anyway if i trade the account will the credits go with it?

My sister just took over my second account of same type that my she has been using for years under my name since she doesn't have a Canadian credit card and they did give her the 40$ she had in credits but not sure if it was a one time thing or not. costs her 25$ to transfer.

reason i ask is if they do transfer credits along with everything else the account maybe worth selling since you can do add-ons and have all that credits as either extra data money or extra minutes (8 hours i think).

so does anyone know if they transfer with the account?

if so what do you think an account with that much credit is worth? 50$-100$-150$?
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6205 posts
733 upvotes
I'm in the same boat. My mom has $412 in her account, also on a plan that's no longer offered, $10 / 20c a minute billed by the second. They will only transfer $150 at most if i were to sign a contract and get a phone :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
yea i heard was told by one person that only 100$ would follow me if i went month to month but another told me all of it would follow me. I'm just wondering though if the person transferred the account and stuck with prepaid if the full amount would stay there. I'm with koodo now and i really would hate to lose all those credits but cant figure out a good way to use them up by myself that i cant already do on the koodo plan i have.

i am going to stick the Sim card i still have from the s2x i bought from telus awhile back that was broken and see if it works even locked since telus owns koodo and if it works i will pay telus another 10 bucks just in case i find i don't use the phone as much as i plan too. 10 bucks is cheaper than 30$ and if i do need data i can add a data add-on for 10 more and use that money for overages.

But if everything transferred and i could sell the account that would be awesome too.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
× < >