Will FS let you do this?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2004 12:17 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 22, 2003
27 posts

Will FS let you do this?

I ordered two sets of speakers and a center online on Sunday, 1 pair of speakers and the center has landed at my door, but the 2nd set is not yet shippable. It looks like they are in stock in the store though.

Will they let me go in and buy them in store and just cancel that 1 pair of speakers off my online order?
6 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11723 posts
4919 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
sure,if your order hasn't been processed yet. Webstore and stores operate completely seperate. Better verify if store actually has them in stock first though.
Oct 22, 2003
27 posts
Answered my own question today.

I went to the store and bought the speakers. Then got home and called the 1-800 number for futureshop online. Asked them to cancel the speaker item from order and they were happy to oblige. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
and now we know... and knowing is half the battle.
Oct 31, 2004
360 posts
Cambridge, Ontario
GrossMan wrote:Answered my own question today.

I went to the store and bought the speakers. Then got home and called the 1-800 number for futureshop online. Asked them to cancel the speaker item from order and they were happy to oblige. :)
You could have even skipped the phone call. I did the same thing yesterday. Had a TV on order online, went to the store and bought it, then went online and cancelled my pending order.
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
http://www.slideaway.ca/ - Portfolio site
http://www.modsuperstar.ca/ - Now with 17% more Niacin
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
GrossMan wrote:I ordered two sets of speakers and a center online on Sunday, 1 pair of speakers and the center has landed at my door, but the 2nd set is not yet shippable. It looks like they are in stock in the store though.

Will they let me go in and buy them in store and just cancel that 1 pair of speakers off my online order?
what speakers did you buy and get?? what brand??
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Oct 22, 2003
27 posts
wedgin wrote:You could have even skipped the phone call. I did the same thing yesterday. Had a TV on order online, went to the store and bought it, then went online and cancelled my pending order.

Nah I couldn't do that. It was 1 part of a two item order and the other item was delivered already so they don't give you the cancel option after that.

I picked up the Athena B2's. Had already ordered 1 pair to my parents and the center channel to my house. The other pair were OOS online. I think I got the last pair in the Hamilton store.