Shopping Discussion

Will Home Depot price match and beat after purchase?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2013 12:23 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 10, 2011
20 posts
2 upvotes
Courtenay

Will Home Depot price match and beat after purchase?

We bought a fridge on Monday -- Home Depot matched and beat Sears bringing the price down from $1299 to $1169 + tax with free delivery. The fridge won't get delivered til end of December.

Today (Friday), Sears has the same fridge down to $1199 (and HD is selling for $1258) -- you think I can return it and rebuy at the meet and beat price of $1080? It's a savings of $100.

Or will HD tell me to hit the road?
2 replies
[OP]
Nov 10, 2011
20 posts
2 upvotes
Courtenay
So I went to HD and it wasn't easy but I did it! They wouldn't price match because they already did it once at the original purchase. Then I suggested that I would just return and rebuy as suggested above. But they told me they would charge me a 15% restocking fee, even though the fridge hasn't shipped and won't ship until the end of the month. They told me that their computer system will order another fridge if I return and reorder and they don't want it on their sales floor -- apparently, they don't have a way to stop an order once it's put in, which is why they charge a restocking fee. I feel that's ludicrous for a huge company like that to have no means to control inventory flow. ANYWAY, supervisor and manager were consulted and they finally agreed to do it, it wasn't an easy or painless process, but it took less than an hour and I made $100, so in the end worth the trouble.