Computers & Electronics

Will I have to pay for a second IPTV subscription if I want it on two TVs?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2018 12:07 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3626 posts
1079 upvotes
Parry Sound

Will I have to pay for a second IPTV subscription if I want it on two TVs?

Or can I use one subscription with two different MAC addresses?

If I have to pay for multiple subscriptions then the price will not be much different than cable anyway.
34 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4327 posts
590 upvotes
You'll have to pay for two subscriptions. I even tried forcing the MAC through my router and it wouldn't work.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3268 posts
403 upvotes
Kingston
You would need to buy a device and subscription for each TV you want to use. Your subscription is tied to the MAC adddress of your device, so you could always move the device from TV to TV if you wanted but that defeats what you are trying to do.

You could swap the subscription between MAC addresses but again that defeats the purpose. FTA IPTV is a great option but as you said it gets expensive and not worth it if you want more than 1 subscription.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3626 posts
1079 upvotes
Parry Sound
Kherani wrote:
Jun 19th, 2016 9:38 am
You'll have to pay for two subscriptions. I even tried forcing the MAC through my router and it wouldn't work.
kcorscadden wrote:
Jun 19th, 2016 10:14 am
You would need to buy a device and subscription for each TV you want to use. Your subscription is tied to the MAC adddress of your device, so you could always move the device from TV to TV if you wanted but that defeats what you are trying to do.

You could swap the subscription between MAC addresses but again that defeats the purpose. FTA IPTV is a great option but as you said it gets expensive and not worth it if you want more than 1 subscription.
So there's no service that works based on a username/password?

I have FTA satellite but lately it's been going down a lot and I can't find any provider that offers feeds from any Bell Nimiq satellites or any quality HD providers.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4327 posts
590 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jun 19th, 2016 6:29 pm

I have FTA satellite but lately it's been going down a lot and I can't find any provider that offers feeds from any Bell Nimiq satellites or any quality HD providers.
I remember reading that IPTVSubs was gonna make a browser based portal so you could potentially watch via the browser and the STB concurrently but I'm not sure if that amounted to anything.
Oct 29, 2014
867 posts
579 upvotes
Brampton, ON
SmoothStreams (which focuses mainly on sports and prime time TV shows) does not have this kind of limitation. One account can be used on multiple devices simultaneously.
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
151 upvotes
Wood Bridge
Um this is the most dumbest advice I have ever read on here and not true.

We used to have bell fiber IPTV subscription, and had 2 tvs. Our cable bill WAS NOT double in price. You guys kill me. They simply rented us a second box for like $9 or something. Not the entire package price times two. I can see u paying twice if another iptv company but if its the same company u pay once silly.

Im tired of the incorrect advice on here
Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3268 posts
403 upvotes
Kingston
Stronzo1 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2016 11:06 pm
Um this is the most dumbest advice I have ever read on here and not true.

We used to have bell fiber IPTV subscription, and had 2 tvs. Our cable bill WAS NOT double in price. You guys kill me. They simply rented us a second box for like $9 or something. Not the entire package price times two. I can see u paying twice if another iptv company but if its the same company u pay once silly.

Im tired of the incorrect advice on here
Pretty sure we werent talking about legit IPTV sources like Bell Fibe TV..... might want to read between the lines their bud... The OP even said he has FTA satellite, so I am assuming he's talking about FTA IPTV.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3268 posts
403 upvotes
Kingston
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jun 19th, 2016 6:29 pm

FTA IKS is a dying breed, once Echostar and Nagravision figured out how to ECM the servers..... IKS was dead imo. I haven't used IKS in years for this very reason, seems like it was down more than it was up.
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
151 upvotes
Wood Bridge
kcorscadden wrote:
Jun 19th, 2016 11:31 pm
Pretty sure we werent talking about legit IPTV sources like Bell Fibe TV..... might want to read between the lines their bud... The OP even said he has FTA satellite, so I am assuming he's talking about FTA IPTV.
Pretty sure I read correctly it said pretty clear it said iptv subscription. If he or she wanted to talk about ILLEGAL stuff well she NEVER MENTIONED IT. we are not psychic ya heard? Get with the program. My responce still stands valid because it satisfies the original post.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3268 posts
403 upvotes
Kingston
Stronzo1 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2016 11:39 pm
Pretty sure I read correctly it said pretty clear it said iptv subscription. If he or she wanted to talk about ILLEGAL stuff well she NEVER MENTIONED IT. we are not psychic ya heard? Get with the program. My responce still stands valid because it satisfies the original post.
Wow ok bite my head off why don't you. You come in here and insult everyone even though you aren't 100% sure what we are talking about, and then when someone fires back at you and corrects you, you get all defensive. If the OP was asking about legit services like Bell Fibe, wouldn't they have specified that in their first post? If you knew anything about the type of IPTV we are talking about, you would know that there is a subscription that you have to buy/pay to access their services. If you go to Kijiji and type in IPTV, a whole bunch of resellers pop up promoting all kinds of difference servers. This is all technically illegal but this is what I believe the OP is asking about. You're welcome, now come back and counter insult me like I know you are going to do.
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
151 upvotes
Wood Bridge
kcorscadden wrote:
Jun 19th, 2016 11:45 pm
Wow ok bite my head off why don't you. You come in here and insult everyone even though you aren't 100% sure what we are talking about, and then when someone fires back at you and corrects you, you get all defensive. If the OP was asking about legit services like Bell Fibe, wouldn't they have specified that in their first post? If you knew anything about the type of IPTV we are talking about, you would know that there is a subscription that you have to buy/pay to access their services. If you go to Kijiji and type in IPTV, a whole bunch of resellers pop up promoting all kinds of difference servers. This is all technically illegal but this is what I believe the OP is asking about. You're welcome, now come back and counter insult me like I know you are going to do.

Insult? Your responce seems to insult everyone not just me. Do u even know that bell fiber clearly is iptv. Just for your info, Rogers is NOT IPTV but soon they will so please expect replies from rogers customers in a few months. Go read up on iptv, and when i said read up i mean an encyclopedia and not kijiji
Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3268 posts
403 upvotes
Kingston
Stronzo1 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2016 11:50 pm
Insult? Your responce seems to insult everyone not just me. Do u even know that bell fiber clearly is iptv. Just for your info, Rogers is NOT IPTV but soon they will so please expect replies from rogers customers in a few months. Go read up on iptv, and when i said read up i mean an encyclopedia and not kijiji
LMAO..... wow.... even when I lay it out for you on a silver platter, you still retort to Bell and Rogers.... The OP isn't talking about Bell and Rogers here.... ugh. He is asking about underground IPTV, stuff that isn't legal but more and more ppl are getting into. If you want to think that the OP is talking about Bell and Rogers, you keep thinking that.
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
151 upvotes
Wood Bridge
Im trying to help people and actually give correct info. Im sorry about the maple leavez insult but im here to help.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4327 posts
590 upvotes
Stronzo1 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2016 12:12 am
Im trying to help people and actually give correct info. Im sorry about the maple leavez insult but im here to help.
Too bad your help was useless and wrong.