Travel

Will I meet/find anyone fun in Hong Kong?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2005 3:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15500 posts
1448 upvotes
GTA
i've always wondered where people hook up in Hong Kong. Those hourly hotels cost $$$.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
actng wrote:i've always wondered where people hook up in Hong Kong. Those hourly hotels cost $$$.
Playing soccer on the street holding up traffic.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6274 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
Tip: flash your Canadian Passport, speak fluent English, carry a thick wallet. They will follow you home.
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
eelfliw wrote:Tip: flash your Canadian Passport, speak fluent English, carry a thick wallet. They will follow you home.
Correction:

Tip: flash your Canadian Passport, carry a thick wallet. They will follow you home.

If you speak fluent English, you'll likely drive a lot of them away. Try speaking English at a retail store. It's a hilarious scene!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4571 posts
191 upvotes
GTA
HK girls dress like clowns, and sometimes act like one. Go for a nice mainlander.. they have more style and substance, and better values.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
1142 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond Hill
are you in HK or canada?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41093 posts
4880 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
NDman wrote:Correction:

Tip: flash your Canadian Passport, carry a thick wallet. They will follow you home.

If you speak fluent English, you'll likely drive a lot of them away. Try speaking English at a retail store. It's a hilarious scene!
You think so but they actually teach english in the high schools over there.
Unlike here the canadian school system except for quebec only teaches you how to speak 1 language fluently.
and no our french classes dont count... they seem to only be there to humour the multicultural laws that were passed...
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
cactus wrote:are you in HK or canada?
He's in HK now
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1649 upvotes
How come it took him a long time to finally post on RFD?

Did your boat run into problems? :D
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8028 posts
3603 upvotes
MVRD
aquariaguy wrote:How come it took him a long time to finally post on RFD?

Did your boat run into problems? :D
I did post a few times just few days after my arrival (around 10th of Jan), guess you missed that. (check my posting history...)

Now, about meeting new people from my circle of friends here in HK. That's not going to work since the only friend I know here is my ex-gf (first gf, Chinese). Don't know anyone else. Looks like I'll have to start all over again.