Travel

Will I meet/find anyone fun in Hong Kong?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2005 3:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5776 posts
281 upvotes
haha that's pretty funny......

why'd you go back to hk anyways? It's a good place to visit but not to stay. It's like a bloody constant sauna...
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10020 posts
1015 upvotes
Brampton
speaking of which, hey chatbox is there anywhere like really cheap to stay for like a week that you know of? hostel etc. cuz i was planning a vacation there and am on a really tight budget. and good luck with chick hunting, go for the HK movie actress
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 54-0-0 and counting.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
201 upvotes
Why not send "suziecute" a free airline ticket so you two can hook up in HK? :cheesygri
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
flashing a canadian passport is not gonna do jack.. espeically in the central "lan kwai fong" area.

and a wad of cash is not gonna do much there either since 90% of the men there have a lot of it too.

you gotta rely on you "people skills" to make it there :lol:

but there are a lot of hotties in lan kwai fong, and they are there for a good time and dont really care about your nationality (as long as you are not a mainlander) and they arent looking for long term stuff there anyways so money is not an issue but of course you gotta spend while you are there still.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
squall458 wrote:speaking of which, hey chatbox is there anywhere like really cheap to stay for like a week that you know of? hostel etc. cuz i was planning a vacation there and am on a really tight budget. and good luck with chick hunting, go for the HK movie actress
cheapest rates i've seen is like 80cdn a nite in decent location (mong kwok) at B.P. international or if you can go further, you can goto panda hotel in tsuen wan

hostels arent cheap at all in hkg. so you might as well go for a lower rate hotel
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
5 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Do you work there in HK, chatbox? Or you are doing nothing there? You gotta have some colleagues to expand your network from there even if your colleagues are not pretty. :P

Join something. Course, workshop, whatever man. Or try the speed-dating thing. They have that in HK, last I heard
Oct 14, 2001
550 posts
1 upvote
squall458 wrote:speaking of which, hey chatbox is there anywhere like really cheap to stay for like a week that you know of? hostel etc. cuz i was planning a vacation there and am on a really tight budget. and good luck with chick hunting, go for the HK movie actress
Anyway, just putting in my 2-cents, I'm going to hong kong for a few days in May and there are quite a few hostels there, some with decent pricing. . . (some look worse than others of course).

Try:

www.hostelworld.com which also owns www.hostelasia.com

or www.hihostels.com for Hostelling International hostels

Good Luck!

Kerlo
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7030 posts
170 upvotes
New Westminster
Teach english in your spare time and date the hot students (>18, of course)
insert witty comment
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
3307 posts
26 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:Post a picture of yourself then we can judge :razz:
He's not ugly, hows that? I would give a more meanful statement, but Im not really good at rating guys, Im only good at that when it comes to girls :) .

He does have an interesting accent tho.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2004
3976 posts
16 upvotes
lol! that thread is funny.
but seriously, u can try socializing in Lan Kwai Fong. lotsa pubs there.

or the most direct way to go around it is by hanging out with a cousin's group of friends and see if they have any friends they can introduce you to.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29860 posts
1250 upvotes
Fernando Po
crimsona wrote:Cheap? Not really - I think there's a YMCA youth hostel around, but transport is gonna cost ya. Going to work in Hong Kong, I used like $10 a day (and this is with the pre-paid discounted Octopus card system)
Used to be Chung King Mansions on Nathan Road, about as cheap as you're going to get. Not even sure if they're still there, last time I went was 1994. There is also a place like it across the street. I figured if I ever died in a horrible fire, it would be at Chung King Mansions.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10020 posts
1015 upvotes
Brampton
Kerlo wrote:Anyway, just putting in my 2-cents, I'm going to hong kong for a few days in May and there are quite a few hostels there, some with decent pricing. . . (some look worse than others of course).

Try:

www.hostelworld.com which also owns www.hostelasia.com

or www.hihostels.com for Hostelling International hostels

Good Luck!

Kerlo
thanks!! very appreciated
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 54-0-0 and counting.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7267 posts
2679 upvotes
MVRD
Nyte wrote:He's not ugly, hows that? I would give a more meanful statement, but Im not really good at rating guys, Im only good at that when it comes to girls :) .

He does have an interesting accent tho.
LoL...Did we meet up at some point in time? I can't remember...