Travel

Will I meet/find anyone fun in Hong Kong?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2005 3:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
manixc wrote:I dont think that means short tempered.
It means "easy to hold a grudge"??
Pretty much the same thing. Means petty, somewhat whiny
Aug 23, 2004
84 posts
personally, I think posting on a forum wont help you much.
1) over 70-80% (could be 90%)of the forum users are male.
2) those females who go on forums a lot are not hot because they have no dates so they need to stay at home and go online
3) even if theres a hot girl she wont go out with someone who posted a paragraph online because she has better guys to go out with
4) I heard too much internet dating scams in the news so tough luck getting one.

My suggestions is, if you have any friends in HK, or even coworkers, just start from them and expend your network from there. Yes it takes time but nothing much you can do. Or you can just wait for a reply on the forums and meet up some geek girls, but then again, just start expending your network from them :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2699 posts
129 upvotes
fwhc022883 wrote:小氣 means short tempered.
he was just joking... i am pretty sure what小氣 means
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7432 posts
2245 upvotes
Etobicoke
It depends on what dialect you speak. In Cantonese, it means one is not easy to forgive others. In Mandarin it means one's cheap. So, that would make RFD full of 小氣 people. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2003
1160 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
no, it means "little air" :lol:

but seriously, it means cheap to me lol (me = mandarin)
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2002
3855 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
-=Wraith=- wrote:no, it means "little air" :lol:

And little air in Canto means.. pretty much short tempered, or you let things affect you easily.

/
Here's what I'm looking for from a female friend to hang out with:
Energetic, sporty, independent. Doesn't smoke, doesn't swear and doesn't drink like a fish (if you don't understand this last part, then you're very likely not the kind I'm hoping for)...and doesn't do drugs. Someone who's fairly well educated, worldly, has friends of different cultures from different parts of the world. Not looking for a typical HK-Chinese girl who can't even sprint the 100metres without dying, nor a girl who thinks 55kg for a 5ft6 girl is "fat/overweight", also, not looking for a gold-digger (not implying I have a lot or any of that though).
/

This is my girl, but she is also hot, tall and thin. :) I cannot complain.. she speaks 5 languages, Mandarin, English, Indo, Malay, Balian, and Singaporean. Thank god she is not a FOB, I am so fed up with those. Top 5 in her class, and she is an engineering girl. ;) Works out with me once a week and loves to make me happy.. I cannot complain! =)

I am sure youll find people that you like in HK. Get going and have a blast. =)
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
2147 posts
68 upvotes
simms wrote:
This is my girl, but she is also hot, tall and thin. :) I cannot complain.. she speaks 5 languages, Mandarin, English, Indo, Malay, Balian, and Singaporean.
There no such language as Singaporean!
May 13, 2004
905 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
DaFonz wrote:There no such language as Singaporean!
I second this, it's either singlish or tio chew. Hehe..
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1415 posts
424 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
DaFonz wrote:There no such language as Singaporean!
Singapore's official languages are English, Mandarin Chinese, Malay, Tamil...
so take your pick.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2003
1027 posts
282 upvotes
Mississauga
-=Wraith=- wrote:no, it means "little air" :lol:

oh! so that's what it means! thanks! I can't read chinese. Basically 'easily annoyed'
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
eelfliw wrote:It depends on what dialect you speak. In Cantonese, it means one is not easy to forgive others. In Mandarin it means one's cheap. So, that would make RFD full of 小氣 people. :cheesygri
THANK YOU!! I HAD THE LONGEST ARGUEMENT WITH MY GF ABOUT THIS!! GOD....
SHE'S TAIWNESE AND I'M CANTONESE.

I WAS LIKE IT DOESN'T MEAN CHEAP.....IT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE SHORT TEMPER....AND SHE WAS LIKE IT MEANS CHEAP.......

we probably invented that phrase so it really means "not easy to forgive/short temper" not cheap :cheesygri