Travel

Will I meet/find anyone fun in Hong Kong?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2005 3:59 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8028 posts
3603 upvotes
MVRD
Bob_123 wrote:Get a hooker if it doesn't go well.
Nah, I'm not looking to meet female friends for that purpose in the first place.
Feb 28, 2004
54 posts
Hey, I'll be your friend chatbox - but I'm not in HK. :razz: Some good places to meet people are at school, church, volunteering, from other friends. Excercise and meet new people by taking a class like yoga, tai chi, cycling workshop, etc. Or join a club in something your interested in. Another good way to meet people is if you have a cute dog. People will come up to you and chat with you. Hope that helps. Good Luck :)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4511 posts
161 upvotes
Austin/Markham
come to Taiwan, flash your Canadian passport and tonz of xiojia's will follow U hoping to get off dis island before China nukez it, but jokez aside, as hot as the HK gurls are, I think competition pretty stiff there, no pun intended,

probably better luck in Japan, Korea or the mainland....teaching english :D
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Deal Addict
May 23, 2004
3976 posts
16 upvotes
man....i can't stand hong kong girls....
they moan, they whine and for god's sake, they are so 小氣﹗

yeah....like that other guy suggested, go to Taiwan. cuz the girls down there....man.....do they ever love to use their 嗲功 on the guys ...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8028 posts
3603 upvotes
MVRD
Here's my actual message on the HK message board:
[QUOTE] Here's something about myself:
Genetically Chinese, 169cm in height, around 62kg in weight, wear glasses. All in all, a fairly typical looking Chinese guy (age 25).
Spent 11 years in the UK since I was 12. Then a further 2 years in Toronto (Canada). I am both a British Citizen (not BNO) and a Canadian Citizen, also hold a HK ID card. Graduated from UK in 2002 with a Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering. Hobbies including, but not limited to, chess, computing, rugby, cycling, movies and music. Able to speak both English and Cantonese fluently, can read Chinese (limited) but can't write it.

Here's what I'm looking for from a female friend to hang out with:
Energetic, sporty, independent. Doesn't smoke, doesn't swear and doesn't drink like a fish (if you don't understand this last part, then you're very likely not the kind I'm hoping for)...and doesn't do drugs. Someone who's fairly well educated, worldly, has friends of different cultures from different parts of the world. Not looking for a typical HK-Chinese girl who can't even sprint the 100metres without dying, nor a girl who thinks 55kg for a 5ft6 girl is "fat/overweight", also, not looking for a gold-digger (not implying I have a lot or any of that though).

Not exactly sure if this is the right forum to post such a topic, but it's worth a shot. Also, this post does not only apply to Chinese. If you're French, Japanese, Indian, Italian, Polish, African-American...etc, you can still reply. I'm up for meeting/knowing anyone interesting.[/QUOTE]

So, I'm not really looking for a typical asian girl (whatever "typical" is) at all.
Guess I'm not going to have much luck here. Hum...Maybe I should flash my British passport as well (not BNO at all :cheesygri ).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7178 posts
174 upvotes
BC
chatbox wrote:Here's my actual message on the HK message board:

So, I'm not really looking for a typical asian girl (whatever "typical" is) at all.
Guess I'm not going to have much luck here. Hum...Maybe I should flash my British passport as well (not BNO at all :cheesygri ).

jeez, that sound like a marriage proposal.
do u have a job in HK yet? It is a good idea to start with co-workers' their firends.

Not looking for a typical HK-Chinese girl who can't even sprint the 100metres without dying, nor a girl who thinks 55kg for a 5ft6 girl is "fat/overweight"
this probably describe 95% of HK girls, especially the latter.

good luck tho
insert witty comment
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
chatbox wrote: doesn't drink like a fish (if you don't understand this last part, then you're very likely not the kind I'm hoping for)...
Awwwww... be nice. Don't knock their English ;)

You are looking for a not-so-typical HK chinese girl, in HK? Good luck. Then you need to hang out at Central and those areas. Enroll into one of those international schools for F7 again if you would. :P
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2681 posts
17 upvotes
ferkel wrote:HK girls dress like clowns, and sometimes act like one. Go for a nice mainlander.. they have more style and substance, and better values.
"go to mainland" = "find a hooker for a night"
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8028 posts
3603 upvotes
MVRD
cheukiecfu wrote:"go to mainland" = "find a hooker for a night"
hahaha...
NDman wrote:Awwwww... be nice. Don't knock their English ;)

You are looking for a not-so-typical HK chinese girl, in HK? Good luck. Then you need to hang out at Central and those areas. Enroll into one of those international schools for F7 again if you would. :P
I don't mean to insult anyone. My English has grammatical errors far too frequently and conversational at best. I doubt getting into an international school is an option for me. A tad bit too old for that.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4562 posts
191 upvotes
GTA
tinlunlau wrote:man....i can't stand hong kong girls....
they moan, they whine and for god's sake, they are so 小氣﹗
Small what? Small breasted?
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
chatbox wrote:I don't mean to insult anyone. My English has grammatical errors far too frequently and conversational at best. I doubt getting into an international school is an option for me. A tad bit too old for that.
Haha. Just pulling your legs here. but from the sound of it, you'd prefer the girl to speak some sort of English? Is Engrish ok? :twisted:
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2002
3855 posts
45 upvotes
Mississauga
Actually clubs aren't all that bad. I used to be totally against it until I met my girl there. I met her at a club, then it turned out we were in the same program at the same school. Just that she was one year older...

So really, I'm so happy with her right now. We've been seeing each other for a few months, she's so smart (we're talking 90s in one of the hardest programs in university), she's beautiful, she knows how to dress, she's loyal (above all), she's funny and great to be with. So many benefits, and she's a keeper.

Don't let people get you down, you can meet people in any situation. I mean look at the Korean movie "My Sassy Girl", subways are the way to pick up ;)
Nov 20, 2002
460 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ferkel wrote:Small what? Small breasted?
小氣 means short tempered.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7178 posts
174 upvotes
BC
fwhc022883 wrote:小氣 means short tempered.
I dont think that means short tempered.
It means "easy to hold a grudge"??
insert witty comment