None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
394 upvotes
GT&A

Will winter 2012/2013 be harsh or mild?

What is forecast for this upcoming winter?

I dreamed about snow last night: it was snowing heavily in Toronto.

What does that mean?

Please don't troll this thread.

Thanks.
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
20 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13018 posts
1048 upvotes
Toronto
I've heard it's supposed to be bad since last year's was so mild, but I don't see it. It's almost november and I still see some people going out in short and t-shirts around here.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
17583 posts
1625 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Another thread regarding winter?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Banned
May 7, 2012
585 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Leave this to the expert! This is what I am best at. What I can tell you is that they were calling for a brutal winter last year. They were still saying that by the time we reached the second week of december when we were already getting a winter late start with no snow till last day of november. This year they (accuweather and noaa) called for nothing extreme here and this forecast was from the second week of october, so it could just as easily be even warmer due to global warming be another torch winter like the last. I am monitoring and what I see so far is GOOD news! If we get a zonal pattern set up with the jet stream, that means we will get mild pacific (vancouver-like) airmasses all over and the arctic airmasses will be given the constant shove. The good news is that I see that pattern going into november and the temperatures have no sign of going down as we enter november.
On a mission to raise public awareness of global warming and spur action against it.
whatscoolerthancool.org/
news and resources about global warming evidence, causes, effects and solutions. whatscoolerthancool.org/p/resources
Banned
May 7, 2012
585 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Try this out if you are brave! (are willing to use professional weather info)
http://ggweather.com/loops/gfs_06z_ten.shtml
You can see how the flow is going quicky from west to east not alowing cold air to enter from the north. Also as it gets through november, the blue line (zero degree) does not get any closer to Toronto than it is now. This means we won't even get any freezing temperatures through at least mid november. I am mentioning this because it is this pattern that made winter the warm that it was last year. If you want a repeat of last year than this jet stream pattern going into place will be your saving grace!

On a mission to raise public awareness of global warming and spur action against it.
whatscoolerthancool.org/
news and resources about global warming evidence, causes, effects and solutions. whatscoolerthancool.org/p/resources
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
13106 posts
2909 upvotes
What's the Farmer's Almanac say?
Banned
May 7, 2012
585 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
DougO wrote:
Oct 28th, 2012 10:22 am
What's the Farmer's Almanac say?
They call for much the same as what accuweather does with above normal snow, though the almanac says a bit colder. I don't follow the almanac because I stopped believing in them the same way I stopped believing in santa claus!
whatscoolerthancool.org/
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2009
1199 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Who cares about how the winter is going to be, people are still going to be wearing CGs either way.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2011
4225 posts
55 upvotes
NORTH YORK
longitude wrote:
Oct 28th, 2012 8:31 am
What is forecast for this upcoming winter?

I dreamed about snow last night: it was snowing heavily in Toronto.

What does that mean?

Please don't troll this thread.

Thanks.
:arrowd:
sandikosh wrote:
Oct 28th, 2012 8:40 am
Another thread regarding winter?
OP the answer is regular winter. not like last year.
Kiteak wrote:
Oct 28th, 2012 10:41 am
Who cares about how the winter is going to be, people are still going to be wearing CGs either way.
Fake?
"Internet is serious business" HeeHeeHee.
Losers/trolls waste time posting this "I don't feel like wasting time researching nonsense and trying to disprove the collective theories of a group of people that do not have, or deserve, even the tiniest shred of credibility. I'd rather amuse myself."
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
394 upvotes
GT&A
My guess: mild winter.

Though the dream about lots of snow is bugging me.

Discuss.
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Banned
May 7, 2012
585 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
longitude wrote:
Oct 28th, 2012 10:45 am
My guess: mild winter.

Though the dream about lots of snow is bugging me.

Discuss.
You may have been dreaming of a white christmas. Just like the ones we used to know. Now treetops don't even glisten and children don't listen!
whatscoolerthancool.org/
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2012
1717 posts
114 upvotes
I slept with my bedroom window open every day for the last week. If it will be a bad winter, there's no sign of it yet.
Banned
May 7, 2012
585 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Xiaohaibao wrote:
Oct 28th, 2012 10:50 am
I slept with my bedroom window open every day for the last week. If it will be a bad winter, there's no sign of it yet.
I don't think we will even pass a whole winter with snow on the ground again. That used to be the norm. Now the norm is becoming almost no snow all winter.
whatscoolerthancool.org/
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2011
4225 posts
55 upvotes
NORTH YORK
iwishyouamerrychristmas wrote:
Oct 28th, 2012 10:55 am
I don't think we will even pass a whole winter with snow on the ground again. That used to be the norm. Now the norm is becoming almost no snow all winter.
I read article in star few days before that the expenses for this winter will be double as all the money saved last year will be neutralized.
"Internet is serious business" HeeHeeHee.
Losers/trolls waste time posting this "I don't feel like wasting time researching nonsense and trying to disprove the collective theories of a group of people that do not have, or deserve, even the tiniest shred of credibility. I'd rather amuse myself."
× < >