Will you be cheering for the Canucks?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2011 3:29 am
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> You're a Habs fan. Replace everything I said about Leaf fans and their mentality and replace with Montreal Canadiens. Maybe even more so. Isn't hating the rest of Canada pretty common over there?

I'm in Vancouver, so I don't think hating the rest of Canada (outside of Toronto) is common here.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before somewhere at RFD, but I cheer against the Canucks because, living in Vancouver, all you hear is Canucks 24/7, and since I'm not a fan, it gets annoying, so I want them to lose. It was the same when I lived in Calgary; I cheered against Calgary.

I guess if came down to two teams I didn't care about at all, if one of them were Canadian, I would hope that they won.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2010
1191 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
mtseymourguy wrote: People who call themselves canadian are never canadian. nothing more bizarre than watching asian and east indians cheering canucks who also mostly foreign born. 3 cheers for canada.

what does that even mean? If I didn't know better i'd think your comment is pretty racist.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6255 upvotes
flexwong wrote: Big Leafs fan and I'm cheering for the Canucks. The only Canadian teams I will never cheer for are the Sens and Habs. Any other time, if it's a Canadian team vs an American, I will support the Canadian team.

+1. I am a Leafs fan first and then a Canucks fan cause I lived there for 4 years and was there when they went to the finals.

All this talk about Canucks not having a lot of Canadians, according to the NHL's roster they have more than the Leafs (their GM and Coach are Canadian too) and as many as the Bruins at 17.

Everyone dissing Luongo, he was instrumental in winning the Gold Medal game when Broduer was looking out of place in the first few games.

Wouldn't most Leafs fans have been ecstatic had Burke been able to sign the Sedins a couple of years back.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3612 posts
2222 upvotes
I dislike Vancouver's style of play and there attitude. Cocky cocky cocky. Hope they lose.

SO many people on the bandwagon just because there a Canadian team.. but wait, the above poster said they have just as many Canadians as the bruins!! So why shouldn't Boston win??? If they win, Lucic will bring the cup to Vancouver anyways.............
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> Everyone dissing Luongo, he was instrumental in winning the Gold Medal game when Broduer was looking out of place in the first few games.

I think Canada would have won if Fleury was in goal, as well. And I think Brodeur's problem was that he tried too hard to be 'the guy' (ie. puck handling instead of puck stopping).

> Wouldn't most Leafs fans have been ecstatic had Burke been able to sign the Sedins a couple of years back.

The Sedins took awhile to develop. I haven't forgotten how many years Vancouverites referred to them as the Sedin Sisters.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)