721 upvotes

*DEAD* All Clad 12" SS Fry pan $99

Deal Link:
Price:
$99
Retailer:
Williams Food Equipment
Pan: https://www.williamsfoodequipment.com/a ... y-pan-4112

Got an email about this today and figured I would share. This is probably one of the best fry pans you can buy and I have personally never seen this priced lower.

Williams Food Equipment has a 12" All clad SS fry pan on sale for $99.
Adding coupon code Welcome10 takes $10 off, making this HOT at $89.
Comes with a free pot scrubber also https://www.williamsfoodequipment.com/w ... ubber-flat
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Feb 20th, 2019 5:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
34 replies
Nov 17, 2007
78 posts
89 upvotes
Regina
Got this email as well this morning and purchased. Also only %5 sales tax if outside of Ontario. (Manitoba at least)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1440 posts
546 upvotes
Markham
I dont understand.. so I am asking.
These are non stick? Whats special about these?
-------
Thank you
[OP]
Nov 23, 2017
305 posts
721 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 10:23 am
I dont understand.. so I am asking.
These are non stick? Whats special about these?

Edit: Seems like they made a more recent version of this this year, comparing the all clad D3 12” pan to the D5 and some others.

Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Feb 15th, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 29, 2009
63 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
The 4112 is the cheapest offering from All clad. It has much thinner aluminum than their D7 line, therefore the pan will cool much quicker when you throw a piece of meat on it. This All clad stainless is equivalent to your Cuisinart stuff but more expensive. Save your money for their more expensive line.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4100 posts
488 upvotes
Keitho wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 10:40 am
The 4112 is the cheapest offering from All clad. It has much thinner aluminum than their D7 line, therefore the pan will cool much quicker when you throw a piece of meat on it. This All clad stainless is equivalent to your Cuisinart stuff but more expensive. Save your money for their more expensive line.
What's a good line to get
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1899 posts
339 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks. This will go along great with my D5 10-piece set from Amazon.

With the coupon, beats the pricing from The Bay last month and the historical low from Amazon of $92.50... and also free pot scrubber! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1331 posts
294 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Keitho wrote:
The 4112 is fine. The d5/d7 are overkill.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2681 posts
1918 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
fightbriz wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 10:43 am
What's a good line to get
My personal pick from All Clad would be the 7-ply All Clad D7 or the Demeyere 5-ply/Zwilling Sensation (check ebay for sales). The 12-piece Cuisinart MCP would be a better buy if you need the other pots too. It goes on sale for $150 sometimes.

Otherwise, the chinese-made Anolon Nouvelle from Bedbathandbeyond, whose large thermal mass is comparable to the D7 or the Demeyere Proline/Zwilling Sensation.
Jan 29, 2009
63 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
caltran wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 10:57 am
The 4112 is fine. The d5/d7 are overkill.
Trust me it's not... you won't get a good sear with the cheaper stainless skillets. They just don't hold the heat very well. You'll end up mostly boiling the meat.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2017
305 posts
721 upvotes
Keitho wrote:
The D7 does not have thinner aluminum than the D3, the D3 model has less layers of alternating Stainless and aluminum.
So on a 7 layer pan you are actually getting more stainless in your pan, but to your point the extra stainless definitely helps with how quickly the pan heats/cools.

IMO the 4112 gets you like 85-90% of the way there for like half (or even a third) of the price.
Keitho wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:03 am
Trust me it's not... you won't get a good sear with the cheaper stainless skillets. They just don't hold the heat very well. You'll end up mostly boiling the meat.
Okay, that's just not true.

@fightbriz If you want the best and are willing to spare no expense, I suggest buying the Copper Core pans.
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Feb 15th, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1331 posts
294 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Keitho wrote:
You literally have zero idea what you're talking about.

Here's CI's take on the D5, from their latest SS skillet review that just came out:
This is a five-layer version of our longtime favorite skillet, sporting a central layer of stainless steel sandwiched by two layers of aluminum and two more of steel. While it shares the favorable shape of our winner, it's a bit heavier and smaller and performs a little more sluggishly, transferring heat more slowly, which stands to reason since it's thicker and contains more steel. For $80.00 more and with no lid, we don't see the point of choosing this model over the d3 pan. Note: All-Clad sells a flat universal lid in its TK (Thomas Keller) line for $59.99; you need the 15-inch lid for this 12-inch pan.
Here's what they say about the D3, which is the 4112.
Our longtime favorite skillet still beats all newcomers, with a clean design that includes no unnecessary frills. We appreciate the wide cooking surface and low, flaring sides that encourage excellent browning and evaporation; a steel handle that stays cool on the stovetop and won't rotate in your hand; and an overall weight and balance that hit the sweet spot between sturdiness and maneuverable lightness. It resisted warping and withstood thermal shock and outright abuse with nary a scratch or dent. Its three layers of cladding, with aluminum sandwiched by steel, make for deep, uniform browning.
The D3 is also better than the Cuisinart and other cheap challengers. This is from their January 2019 review of inexpensive SS skillets:
Our longtime favorite skillet still beats the cheaper competition. We appreciate the broad cooking surface and low, flaring sides that encourage excellent browning and evaporation; a steel handle that stays cool on the stovetop and won’t rotate in your hand; an overall weight and balance that hits the sweet spot between sturdiness and maneuverable lightness; and durable construction that resists warping while withstanding thermal shock and outright abuse with nary a scratch or dent. Its three layers of bonded metal, with aluminum sandwiched by steel, make for deep, uniform browning
versus their take on the Cuisinart:
Despite a generous cooking surface, which made for very good browning and plenty of space to move food around, this pan warped early in routine cooking and wobbled noticeably, even on a gas stove. It felt a bit heavy and harder to hold up with one hand, though the handle was easy to grip. We liked that it came with a lid.
Mar 11, 2002
671 posts
114 upvotes
Keitho wrote:
Totally disagree, have multiple pieces of the All-Clad Tri-Ply and D5 and Copper Core. A great sear is more dependent on ensuring whatever you are searing is "dry" (so you sear instead of steam) and that you have some kind of higher temp fat so you don't burn it..

3 Ply All-Clad was their gold standard right up until their patents started to expire in the early 2000's and that's when you started to see more 5 ply and eventually 7 ply stuff come out..

A note about the pan, I have one of the 3 ply 12" pans and it does get heavy if you load it up with what "fits" in a 12" pan :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)