• Jul 18th, 2017 12:20 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19135 posts
1397 upvotes

Wimbledon 2017 - congrats Garbine and Roger - 2017 Champions

Wow, Stan the man out in Rd 1 - bad knee...

Feddy skipped French Open for this - rooting for FedEx!!

Djoker, Murray and Nadal - Nadal is the strongest coming into Wimby but how much does he have left in the gas tank?

On the woman' side - pretty wide open with Serena out with the pending baby and Azarenka is back from having a baby of her own.....not even sure if Sharapova is in Wimby....

Predictions?
Last edited by ji2o0k on Jul 3rd, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4598 posts
846 upvotes
Mississauga
Oh how I missed the Wimbledon. There is no live experience like it. If you haven't gone, you need to go!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19135 posts
1397 upvotes
Haven't gone to Wimby live in person....definitely on my bucket list of things to do....that and need to try the strawberries and cream!!

Wow, down goes Murray in a 5setter against Querrey....nice to see Sam move into the semis!

The women side not sure who to root for....I guess Venus given she is the elderly statesman of the bunch!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10853 posts
1473 upvotes
City of Vancouver
kenchau wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 8:17 pm
Oh how I missed the Wimbledon. There is no live experience like it. If you haven't gone, you need to go!
U were inside or outside?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10853 posts
1473 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Congrats to Federer :P
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7750 posts
346 upvotes
Wins WITHOUT dropping a set the entire tournament! Amazing... I hope he doesn't play too many HC tourneys approaching the US open... I actually hope he skips Rogers cuts to stay fresh!

Just unreal... Cilic got destroyed but to be fair he played well pretty below his standards.

We'll never see another play the game like him.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4598 posts
846 upvotes
Mississauga
Becks wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:36 am
U were inside or outside?
What do you mean? You get a general admission ticket to go into the grounds, and then you can go and sit at any of the courts to watch whatever matches you choose. The exception to that is for two or three of the show courts. But you still see high seeded players on the non-show courts.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13156 posts
8576 upvotes
Toronto
Watched both days at Bloor Cinema. Great venue for this event and will definitely be back again next year.

Hoping Garbine can come to Rogers Cup in Toronto this August but many players skip it...
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus