Expired Contests

[Other] Win a brand new AVTECH IP megapixel camera by simply write a product review for them

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2011 1:53 am
Tags:
None
16 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 2, 2009
45967 posts
714 upvotes
Penticton
Thanks! Good luck RFD!
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2008
1192 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
So I was selected as one of their candidates, and they wanted to interview me?
Well, how they said "Toronto Time" I'm assuming they're in Taiwan, and wanted to Skype or something.

Anyways, was anyone else selected?
Oct 13, 2008
123 posts
151 upvotes
was anyone else on here selected? or get the cam yet?
[OP]
Jul 6, 2007
9 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
I received AVTECH's AVN 304 camera about 1 week ago!! I was not being charged with anything (which is a good thing)!
I was too busy last week so wasnt have the time to play with it!!
Now, I have been placing it to view my pet when I am at work for the the last 2 days and the image quality is better than I expected. Ha !! and this product is made in TAIWAN !!!..awesome!!
One of the amazing features of this beauty is that I can easily have remote control through my Iphone 4 ^^ ..
anyways, i am going back to write the review for AVTECH!

I just check out AVTECH's facebook. It seems like they have other kinds of free give away event as well. Refer partners to get iPad or Galaxy tab
Too bad that i dont know any installer or online shop partners.......=______= otherwise i would want to sign up again.

For ppl who miss the chance to get free camera........here is your chance again... i am too lazy to explain the detail..
go check it out !
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/AVTECH ... 2131631242
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
hopefully i will have a chance to try this out
Banned
Jun 14, 2007
1674 posts
409 upvotes
DISCLAIMER: My review based entirely on my personal opinion and not influenced by AVTECH. Or any other third party…

My Review of the
AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera with Push Video Alert to your Iphone or Android phone

here is link with pictures
http://batye.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/m ... oid-phone/

As Network Security/IT Security from time to time
I able to get my hands on latest and Greatest Security Gear – new AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera for security budget minded consumer or CIO/CEO of the large company…
Little IP Camera well built and well designed with many features and ability to provide easy simple security

Solution for Remote Surveillance on Multi platform. – Ipad/Ipod/iPhone Android WiFi/3G/4G devices user. Device does support- Apple and Android OS.
Few web browsers, and all of the major mobile device operating systems.
It can stream the live video in HDTV 720p Quality (Progressive Scan), Real-time, 16:9 10 MB built-in memory for video storage.
new AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera is all in one personal or corporate security solution, for security conscious consumer or company CIO/CEO,who want to keep eye on his kid’s/employees, pet’s, home or business. Quality for a competitive price…
It do require an available network connection via router, or a 3G / WiMax dongle for Internet access in your house
And for access on the go – availability of the mobile internet

Here is a review from regular consumer
http://oliverplayground.wordpress.com/a ... simmonsat/

Now let take a look at what this IP camera could deliver:
PUSH VIDEO Yes
Human Detection Yes
MIC. Yes
Alarm I/O Yes
Event Record (duration) 5, 10, 20, 40 sec. Selectable Yes
Some one could say oh - NEW AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera is economically priced but trust me it could deliver and outperform more expensive models by D-link and others…
(End User or Corporate CIO/CEO when looking for Security Solution should take a note with new AVTECH AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera AVTECH OFFERS FREE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING FUTURE UPDATES)- EXCELLENT OPTION AS AFTER PURCHASING CAMERA YOU NEVER HAVE TO PAY AGAIN FOR ANYTHING)

Rich Features:
High End/Quality Image Sensor 1.3MP Live High End/quality image sensor (sensor is produced by a famous manufacture)
Video Resolution SXGA, SXVGA, 720P, VGA, QVGA
Viewing Angle 62.7°
Detection Range 76° wide angle with 6 m long distance at 2m Height (under 30°C)

My first impression of this camera solid quality strong but light plastic body with white color on the device and mounting parts
Take a look at the picture…

Well engineered and designed.
Small but solid build not really heavy… if you compare it to the Window Smart Phone
Shipped out in nice little box with a lot of the information and setup info all over the box…
Here is few pick of the box

Items inside

Included: AC Power Adapter for North America, AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera by AVTECH ,
Manual (easy to use well worded and simple with a lot of the information),
AVN801 Manual: http://www.surveillance-download.com/user/n801.swf

Basic mounting hardware: mounting bracket with screws in the white box.
Adapter for Security Alarm/Monitor
Network Cable…
Mini CD with drivers and information

In my opinion AVTECH gives you total solution for the economical price
Just install/set-up, plug and go – you are protected with your own personal security…
Manual is well written, and includes all necessary information for easy simple setup on
PC with access the default IP address of the AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera with different OS.
Screen shots and diagrams instructions gives easy and
Simple way for new pc/Mac user to set up IPCAM with out any need to call Tech Support.
Here is picture how it would look assembled

AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera Camera by AVTECH is smaller than my Smart Phone but
AVN801 rich on the features:
Easy network setup with your laptop / PC, and iPhone
1.3 Megapixel sensor (sensor is produced by a famous manufacture) with HDTV720p quality, allowing users to Notice minor details more easily
10MB built-in memory storage for video storage
Alarm event notification to your iPhone and Android phones immediately
Option for External alarm I/O device connection
Microphone built-in for one –way monitoring audio transmission
Complete Remote Surveillance Compatibility
– 2 major computer operating systems, Microsoft Windows & Apple Mac-based operating system
– most of the commonly-used web browsers, Internet Explorer® and others
– most of the mobile platforms, iPad®, iPhone®, Android™

– Since AVN801 is all-in-one type. I do recommend for users to use AVN801 with EagleEyes software to do all setting, operation, and backup. - http://www.surveillance-download.com/user/n801.swf

For Dimension please take a look at the pick where AVN801 is with smart phone by it side…
Front of the AVN801

Back of the AVN801

I connectedAVN801 to my network via SAPIDO Wireless 3 in 1 Pocket N+ Broadband Router (RB-1602), logged in and configure it.
AVN801 have very easy to use simple user interface and it do works well with Safari, Opera and IE9… - Remind me of my first router install, simple and easy.
AVN801 do support both ActiveX and QuickTime format, as with all IP camera’s video
Do get a bit of lag but it around but in my opinion it less than half a second or less for me it was barely noticeable…

In my company corporate security environment I tested AVN801 (as extra add on to our layer of security) with Ipod touch 4th gen and Android based Smart Phone
Easy simple Apps install (Check (monitor/streaming) + Control the AVN801 ) for Ipod Touch and Android phone.

I like the quality of the pictures and videos/audio
Here is sample when I try to use camera outside security camera with Push notification:

If the AVN801 spark your interest you could see more on YouTube AVTECH introduction for EagleEyes on mobile device.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS9kNScyPqo
I tested and monitor my Co. cubical area when I was away (to see who is using my pen) via Push Video notification anytime someone entering my private cubical area
I did try it on my family and family pet – my Bird - Detection & Tracking and assess control for the door of bird room via attaching external door I/O to the back of the AVN801
Take a look at the picture.

Also you could use it as security camera with remote monitoring plus option to attach compatible External I/O to monitor door/or windows opening away from the camera viewing angle… (Excellent option for Home/Corporate Security)
In my case I use door external I/O to see if any one troubling my bird with opening and closing door away from the camera viewing angle – while I’m away…
When my wife open door
Door Alarm External I/O get triggered and I get Push notification on my phone – all happening in real time as event infolding right before my eyes on the screen of my Android phone…( I could see my bird is safe in the cage – it my wife came to feed her.)
Also I could hear my bird screaming demanding clean water...

Myself as visual person I would like to mention few options I really like:

Event Record (duration) 5, 10, 20, 40 sec. Selectable and 10MB space to store important events inside camera
Option to have Alarm I/O sensor attached
Mic builds in for one-way communication.

On the final note: AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera is good home or corporate security solutions for anyone… who want Security for the right economical price. I do recommend it as an economical IP camera total security solution at the present time…

Soon this great camera available in Canada
The Price of the AVN801 - Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera Camera by AVTECH will be announced – if you interested please keep checking AVTECH web site - http://www.eagleeyescctv.com/index.aspx The retail price of AVN801 should be around $150 USD in USA. But do note -price of the AVN801 may vary from different country due to the currency exchange rate or variation of the prices at your local stores or your local supplier.
At the present time Official AVTECH distributor in Canada is CPCAM Co. here is the link http://www.cpcamcctv.com/En/index.aspx

Also do take a look at - AVN801 DEMO SITE: http://www.eagleeyescctv.com/Demo_1.aspx

Few years ago it would cost you at least $1000 or more… (AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera by AVTECH you could get it for much less but with more user friendly futures.)
AVTECH AVN801 -Push Video All-In-One HD IP Camera able to deliver Security solution for economical price with out compromising quality.

Furthermore, you can acquire more information on the websites below:
AVN801 Manual: http://www.surveillance-download.com/user/n801.swf
AVN801 DEMO SITE: http://www.eagleeyescctv.com/Demo_1.aspx
Scenario Application Video for Push Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS9kNScyPqo
EagleEyes: http://www.eagleeyescctv.com/index.aspx
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/avtecheagleeyes
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/AVTECH-Ea ... 2131631242

Also I would like to mention again- DISCLAIMER: My review based entirely on my personal opinion and not influenced by AVTECH. Or any other third party…
here is link with pictures
http://batye.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/m ... oid-phone/
Banned
Jun 14, 2007
1674 posts
409 upvotes
Review of the AVN80X IVS 1.3 Megapixel Network Camera by AVTECH
original is posted on http://batye.wordpress.com/2011/06/20/r ... by-avtech/

DISCLAIMER: My review based entirely on my personal opinion and not influenced by AVTECH. Or any other third party...

As Network Security/IT Security from time to time

I able to get my hands on latest and Greatest Security Gear – by AVTECH Company

AVN80X IVS 1.3 Megapixel Network Camera by AVTECH

Little IP Camera with many features and ability to provide easy simple security

Solution for Remote Surveillance on Multi platform. - Ipad/Ipod/iPhone and other smart

networking/WiFi/3G/4G devices user. Device does support- Windows and Apple OS,

Few web browsers, and all of the major mobile device operating systems.

It can stream the live video inHDTV720p, H.264, MPEG4, and MJPEG and micro SD card support for video storage

TheAVN80X IVS 1.3 Megapixel Network Camera by AVTECH is all in one personal or corporate security solution, for security conscious consumer or company CEO,who want to keep eye on his kid's/employees, pet's, home or business.

It do require an available network connection via router, or a 3G / WiMax dongle for Internet access in your house

And for access on the go - availability of the mobile internet

InEuropeAVN80X - getting raving reviews

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/news ... es-tablets

DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS

Network

Network Compression H.264 / MPEG4 / MJPEG

Multiple Video Streaming

(Encode Modes,IPS, Resolution)

3 (H.264, MJPEG, MPEG4)

LANPort YES

LANSpeed 10/100 Based-T Ethernet

Supported Protocols

DDNS, PPPoE, DHCP, NTP, SNTP,TCP/IP,

ICMP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP,RTP, RTSP, UPnP

Frame RateNTSC:30,PAL:25

Number of Online Users 10

Security multiple user access levels with password - REALLY GOOD OPTION FOR CORPORATE SECURITY MANAGMENT

Web management

(1) Web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox,

Google Chrome, Safari & Opera for single device access, or

(2) FreeCMSsoftware, Video Viewer, for up to 16 networks

cameras control simultaneously (FREE SOFTWARE EXCELLENT OPTION AS AFTER PURCHASING CAMERA YOU NEVER HAVE TO PAY AGAIN FOR ANYTHING)

Camera

Image Sensor 1.3MP Live MOS image sensor

Video Resolution SXGA, SXVGA, 720P, VGA, QVGA

Min Illumination 0.1 Lux / F1.5, 0 Lux (LED ON)

Shutter Speed 1 / 60 (1/50) to 1 / 100,000 sec.

S/N Ratio More than 48dB (AGCoff)

Lens f3.8mm / F1.5

Viewing Angle 75°

White LED YES (1W, 10 meters)

White BalanceATW

AGCAuto

IRIS ModeAES

PIRSensor

DetectionRange76° wide angle with 5m long distance at 2m

Height (under 25°C)

MicroSDCard Slot YES

External Alarm I/O YES

Microphone YES

Speaker YES

Power Source (±10%) 5V / 2A

Operating Temperature -0℃~40℃

Others

Mobile Surveillance iPad, iPod, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian & Android

Push Notification YES

Audio Detection YES

RTC(real-time clock) YES

Motion Detection YES

Digital Pan / Tilt / Zoom YES

Event Notification FTP / Email

Minimum Web Browsing Requirements

‧Pentium 4 CPU 1.3 GHz or higher, or equivalentAMD

‧256 MBRAM

‧AGP graphics card, Direct Draw, 32MBRAM

‧Windows 7, Vista & XP, DirectX 9.0 or later

‧Internet Explorer 7.x or later

My first impression of this camera solid metal body with baked white paint on the device and mounting parts

Well engineered and designed.

Small but solid build not really heavy… if you compare it to the Smart Phone

Shipped out in nice little box with a lot of the information and setup info all over the box…

Here is few pick of the box

Items inside

Included: AC Power Adapter forNorth America,AVN80X IVS 1.3 Megapixel Network Camera by AVTECH ,

Manual (easy to use well worded and simple with a lot of the information),

Basic mounting hardware: mounting bracket with screws in the white box.

Here is few picks

Manual is well written, and includes all necessary information for easy simple setup on

PC with access the default IP address of the AVN80X with different OS.

Screen shots and diagrams instructions gives easy and

Simple way for new pc/Mac user to set up IPCAM with out any need to call Tech Support.

Here is picture how it would look assembled

AVN80X - Megapixel IVS IP Camera is smaller than my Smart Phone, butAVN80X rich on the features:

Easy network setup with your laptop / PC, and iPhone

1.3 Megapixel live MOS sensor withHDTV720p quality, allowing users to

notice minor details more easily

SD card support for video storage

Push Notification support to send an event notification to your iPhone and Android phones immediately

once the specified event type is triggered, and play video recording once you confirm the receipt.

White LED built-in to illuminate the scene manually, scheduled by a timer, or triggered by a motion, an

alarm, or an audio event

External alarm I/O device connection

Microphone & speaker built-in for two-way audio transmission

Complete Remote Surveillance Compatibility

-- 2 major computer operating systems, Microsoft Windows & Apple Mac

-- 5 commonly-used web browsers, Internet Explorer®, Mozilla Firefox®, Safari®, Google Chrome™ and Opera

-- 7 mobile platforms, iPad®, iPod®, iPhone®, BlackBerry®, Symbian, Windows® Mobile & Android™

(with their built-in web browsers, or our self-developed mobile program, EagleEyes)

-- For multiple device control, our self-developed program, Video Viewer, is provided for free for Windows-based

and Mac-based operating system

For Dimension please take a look at the pick where AVN80X is in the middle between two smart phones… Front of the AVN80X

Back of the AVN80X

I connectedAVN80X to my network via SAPIDO Wireless 3 in 1 Pocket N+ Broadband Router (RB-1602), logged in and configure.

AVN80X have very easy to use simple user interface and it do works well with Safari, Opera and IE9... Remind me of my first router install, simple and easy.

AVN80X do support both ActiveX and QuickTime format, as with all IP camera's video

Do get a bit of lag but it around but in my opinion it less than one second barely noticeable…

In my company corporate security environment I testedAVN80X (as extra add on to our layer of security) with Ipod touch 4th gen and Android based Smart Phone

easy simple Apps install (Check (monitor/streaming) + Control theAVN80X ) for Ipod Touch and smart phone.

I like the quality of the pictures and videos/audio

I can control the digitalPTZusing my fingers. Also I could clearly hear the audio, so I have a fully functional - mobile HD video/audio- surveillance system in the palm of my hand.

I tested and monitor my Co. cubical area when I was away (to see who is using my pen) and I did try it on my family and family pets Detection & Tracking and assess control for the front door pet door sensor.

I could see theAVN80X automatically locate the brother face in the frame, zoom in, and follow it. - good safe option to monitor guest or family member even under low light condition the quality of the picture and video pretty good as Live MOS Sensor - - gives you an extremely clear and detailed picture. - The quality of the picture was great even in a low-light setting. Even with out any light in the room -AVN80X built in White LED on the front produces an enough light that can illuminate objects in total darkness at least twenty feet or more in front of it.

I did try to enabled Digital Smart Zoom, this feature did allow me to leave the controls, and the AVTECHAVN80X could zoom in on the dog movements as motion got detected…(also I used the option with pet door sensor attached to the back of theAVN80X)

Also you could use it as security camera with remote monitoring plus option to attach compatible sensors to monitor door/or windows opening away from the camera viewing angle… (Excellent option for Home/Corporate Security)

Myself as visual person I would like to mention few options I really like:

LED Status Indicators – gives me visual ability to check the current Internet &LAN connection status easily

SD Slot (micro SD)

PUSH VIDEO, 5-sec Event Video Call – excellent for today’s world emergencies

External I/O Devices Support – as sometimes event do happens away from the camera viewing angle but you could still hear the audio and call police if need it…

On the final note: AVN80X IVS 1.3 Megapixel Network Camera by AVTECH is good home or corporate security solution for anyone… I do recommend it as a best IP camera total security solution at the present time...

In the future I would like to see upgrades at lease 2 Megapixel or more, option to order camera with Kevlar fibber body and shatter proof glass dome for military applications.

The Price of theAVN80X IVS 1.3 Megapixel Network Camera by AVTECH will be announced soon ( I think it would be around $200 - $240 USA more or less but do not quite me on the price) – if you interested please keep checking

http://211.75.84.102/e_news/avn80x/avn80x_en.htm

Few years ago it would cost you at least $1000 or more... (ButAVN80X IVS 1.3 Megapixel Network Camera by AVTECH you could get it for much more less but with more user friendly futures)

Here are few reviews from others

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/news ... es-tablets

http://iphone4.tw/forums/newarrival-avtech.php

http://wn.com/AVTECH_AVN80X_IVS_IP_Camera_Review