82 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
1850 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
jigarshah84 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:17 pm
Too bad they don't carry any WP8 devices..
This. Also, I think the promotion is on to clear out the WP7 stock and bring in one or two WP8 devices in the new year.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4684 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
$25/month for unlimited (softcap @ 10GB) mobile internet is a solid deal. You can easily make it a data-only phone plan (assuming your not a heavy talker since VOIP on Wind is hit or miss).
[OP]
Dec 9, 2004
455 posts
26 upvotes
According to the terms for the $100 credit: This offer is not eligible to be combined with any other in-market service credit offer. So looks like there will be no way to combine it with any other offer, for example, the Facebook $50 credit, is that right? Also, some said there will be $25 credit for the $25 plan, don't know if anyone can confirm that.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2004
455 posts
26 upvotes
icemasta wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:32 pm
You can easily make it a data-only phone plan (assuming your not a heavy talker since VOIP on Wind is hit or miss).
How to do this? I did some research, and people from xda said they can have the internet stick work with Nexus 7 tablet via PPP Widget.
Feb 8, 2012
168 posts
15 upvotes
VANCOUVER
How does the tab work? Do I just pay off the first month of the 40 plan and I can leave the plan but also keep the phone? Basically buying the phone for $40? or Is there any terms or conditions?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9477 posts
682 upvotes
samuel002 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:31 am
How does the tab work? Do I just pay off the first month of the 40 plan and I can leave the plan but also keep the phone? Basically buying the phone for $40? or Is there any terms or conditions?
Tab = running balance.

You can change plans/leave Wind at any time but you need to pay off your tab. Each month your tab will decrease by 10% of your monthly fee (or $4 since you're on a $40 plan). So if you have a tab of $550, after one month you'll be down to $546.

If at anytime you cancel/change to a lesser plan, you will either a) need to reduce your tab or b) pay off your tab.

If you change to a cheaper plan, then odds are that plan will have a max tab of $200 so you need to pay the difference between your current tab (say $546 - $200 = $346 + $25 to change plans) to your max current tab. If you leave, you need to pay the entire $546. Its basically another form of locking you into a contract.

Tab is erased completely after 36 months (as in the balance becomes 0).

Basically no, tab does NOT mean you can get a expensive phone for next to nothing as its money you owe without needing to pay interest.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9477 posts
682 upvotes
mingsi wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 12:19 am
According to the terms for the $100 credit: This offer is not eligible to be combined with any other in-market service credit offer. So looks like there will be no way to combine it with any other offer, for example, the Facebook $50 credit, is that right? Also, some said there will be $25 credit for the $25 plan, don't know if anyone can confirm that.
Correct that it cannot be combined with FB's offer. No idea on the $25 credit for $25 plan... first i heard of this.

BTW the promo seems to be the first 10 PER location not total... at least according to the reps i talked to today (3 different locations). All of them seem to be aware of this promo so maybe a RFDer who works there can give us more details? Regardless reps were offering to "hook me up" by holding a code for me if i look for them on boxing day so if you plan on getting the credit, might be a good idea to see if a rep can "hook you up" with a code before boxing day.
Aug 22, 2007
453 posts
140 upvotes
Does anyone know if the 25 unlimited laptop plan is for life? I'm on the haitf laptop plan for 20 bucks but it has 5 GB cap. I was wondering if I should switch to the 25.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1454 posts
661 upvotes
Question for you Wind guru's. As per their website, it says "First 10 competitors" get a $100 credit. ALSO, it says if you bring your own HW, you get another $50 credit. So here is the question.

CAN THESE BE STACKED ???

Are there any other credits that we are missing here ?

Thanks in advance.
I am now torn between the Wind plan and the Fido (minus the data) plan.

Thoughts.................
[OP]
Dec 9, 2004
455 posts
26 upvotes
Per the TS: This offer is not eligible to be combined with any other in-market service credit offer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7709 posts
243 upvotes
Looks like nothing can be stack with the $29 plan
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
× < >