• Feb 12th, 2013 12:16 am
Tags:
None
Mar 9, 2011
14 posts
2 upvotes
Surrey

Wind cancellation

I got wind mobile. but it doesnt work in my house. is there a way to cancel the contract ? i know should've checked before but my uncle has wind mobile n it works fine when he comes over. Problem could be with the phone i got from wind but whats my best bet ?
11 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11101 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
Talk to the Wind dealer to see if you can get another phone?
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
10691 posts
1678 upvotes
Toronto
Wind does not have contracts. Are you referring to the windtab? If you are on that, you cancel by simply paying off the remaining balance in the tab. As audit13 suggests, if it works with one device, it is probably not a signal issue. So, time to get another phone.
[OP]
Mar 9, 2011
14 posts
2 upvotes
Surrey
its nexus s. the problem is even with other phone the signal isnt great. but i dont want to keep the phone if i cant use it with other carriers. i dont mind wind but it doesnt work n if i have to pay the tab, then i would get a phone which wont work with other carriers
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1599 upvotes
1700mhz that wind uses does not penetrate buildings as well as the other companies. also note that wind does not have a lot of 1700MHz spectrum either since rogers was hoarding most of it.
bell, telus and rogers use UMTS/HSPA 850MHz and/or 1900MHz for 3G services and 2100/1700/2600MHz for LTE.

manvir88jatt wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 5:08 pm
its nexus s. the problem is even with other phone the signal isnt great. but i dont want to keep the phone if i cant use it with other carriers. i dont mind wind but it doesnt work n if i have to pay the tab, then i would get a phone which wont work with other carriers
Oct 11, 2010
742 posts
78 upvotes
Ya, Wind coverage sucks.

I believe you can cancel if you're within the 2 week satisfaction guarantee policy. Otherwise you're out of luck.

I believe the Nexus S will work on other carriers, at least for voice. Not sure about data/3G.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43216 posts
3038 upvotes
Toronto
Veerg wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 2:05 am
Ya, Wind coverage sucks.

I believe you can cancel if you're within the 2 week satisfaction guarantee policy. Otherwise you're out of luck.

I believe the Nexus S will work on other carriers, at least for voice. Not sure about data/3G.
Yeah like under 30 minutes of talk and under 1 mb or 5 mb of data usage?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3755 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
Wind ftw!
Another reason to try before you buy. I can guarantee you that your house isn't the only place it wont work.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2359 posts
284 upvotes
Joliette
Are you sure it's a Nexus S, I don't think you can even buy those anymore...
Feb 10, 2013
1 posts
I had to buy and install a repeater, JDTeck JD55-PR works with wind mobile. It costs about $500 total to get it shipped to Toronto :( But without it - yep, wind ends right at my driveway. With receiving antenna on top of house, we get 4 bars inside, including basement (inside antenna installed on first floor).

anyway, Wind coverage sucks. After 13 months we are leaving as soon as rogers/fido publishes decent promotion voice+data plan.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9189 posts
817 upvotes
nexus s is the worst phone you could get for reception
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Jan 25, 2013
252 posts
26 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
OP, check your receipt that you got when you got your phone activated. it has all the information about cancellation. i recently switched to wind...the only thing i dont like is that i get 0 network where i work or where i study...other than that, its fine. i guess no network at work and campus helps me focus ;D so ftw.
“Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.” - Lady Gaga
× < >