Cell Phones

Is Wind/Freedom any good for reception if I live and work in Tri Cities area in BC ?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2017 10:27 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1191 posts
23 upvotes

Is Wind/Freedom any good for reception if I live and work in Tri Cities area in BC ?

I am currently using Virgin Mobile and would like to switch to Freedom if the reception is reliable in Tri-Cities area in BC ??

Any suggestions or comments ??
Trade with me 100% confidence and my feedback on RedFlagDeals, eBay and Revscene.net :
Feedback on RedFlagDeals.com
Feedback on EBay.com
REVScene Feedback Ratings
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Why are you looking to switch to WIND?
Perhaps Public Mobile might be a better option?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
It's alright coverage, but there are many tiny dead spots scattered around since they don't have many towers in the area especially Shaughnessy St and some parts of Brunette Ave. Port Moody is pretty spotty if you can get a signal.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1400 posts
301 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
You can roam if the signal is weak, and the roaming charges are very low.

Coverage is actually pretty good in the LM.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
robertz wrote: You can roam if the signal is weak, and the roaming charges are very low.

Coverage is actually pretty good in the LM.
Sometimes it's not roaming that's the issue. It's the middle ground where there's a faint Freedom tower nearby that it constantly wants to connect which prevents it from going roaming, but that also means that you're getting no reception at all.

Roaming charges aint cheap either except texting. It's 15 cents/min, 5 cents/text, and 5cents/MB. Easily adds up if your area is constantly roaming. Accidentally rack up 1GB on roaming is $50.
Jan 11, 2017
31 posts
25 upvotes
Here's some links you can use to look up signal quality of where you will be the most(Home\School\Work). Do NOT trust the Freedom Mobile coverage map as it's a joke and even with these signal indicators most are recorded while outdoors so subtract a bar or possibly even 2 to give an accurate indication of whether you will even receive a signal while indoors as AWS building penetration is god awful. Personally I would only jump on Freedom if I'm in the bright green signal areas of these maps and I'm also getting a greater deal than what the flanker brands are offering.

Your text to link here...

Your text to link here...