• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2015 10:06 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 22, 2008
247 posts
63 upvotes

Wind iPhone mms NOT working

I know there are many threads concerning. mms with wind mobile not working on the iphone. I have an iphone 6s ios 9.02 and cant get it to work. Only the sms works. NO MMS. I read somewhere if you upgrade to the latest ios (i Think its at 9.2) it will work perfectly. Thing is....I have my phone jailbroken and do not wish to lose the jailbreak. Has anyone been able to get mms working on ios 9.02? NO I DONT WANNA UPGRADE IOS. NO I DONT WANNA UPGRADE IOS. YES I KNOW THATS PROBABLY THE ONLY WAY. Im jus curious specially if someone has found a work around. Thx. Oh and No i dont wanna upgrade ios. and yes i will have to deal with the mms situation bcus of my jailbreak.
12 replies
Banned
Feb 13, 2015
1059 posts
243 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Have you followed these instrcutions?

Picture messaging (MMS):

Step 1: Open the Settings App
Step 2: Tap Cellular followed by Cellular Data Network.
Step 3: Under the MMS heading enter the following information:

APN: MMS.windmobile.ca
MMSC: http://mms.windmobile.ca
Proxy: 74.115.197.70:8080
All Other Fields: leave blank
Jun 22, 2008
247 posts
63 upvotes
Yes i did. But only sms will work. Then i called them and they ask me to type in a bunch of number on the keypad. Nothing works. Btw thank you for actually giving me a response to my question first.
Banned
Feb 13, 2015
1059 posts
243 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Im on an iPhone and mms works fine. Should probably head to a Wind store to get it checked out or something.
Jun 22, 2008
247 posts
63 upvotes
I can guarantee that you are ios 9.1 or
Above. Can you check plz. I have a 6s. What do u have?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
My sister has the 5C, updated to 9.1. She's still having issues, I Googled it and entered the information as posted above. No luck.

Even her iMessage isn't working. Time to restore?

Keeping an eye on this thread.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Jun 22, 2008
247 posts
63 upvotes
I rather have the sms/mms. Not everyone has imessage. Mine works fine tho.
Banned
Feb 13, 2015
1059 posts
243 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Im on 8.2... On iPhone 5. I refuse to update lol
Temp. Banned
Sep 18, 2012
1355 posts
239 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
marcus44 wrote: Yes i did. But only sms will work. Then i called them and they ask me to type in a bunch of number on the keypad. Nothing works. Btw thank you for actually giving me a response to my question first.
This is a common issue on wind! MMS never worked quite right for them, try re-sending?
Jun 22, 2008
247 posts
63 upvotes
mobifree wrote: You tried a reset all settings on the phone?

http://www.unlockit.co.nz?
I tried this site before. No luck. Wind is saying i need to update to ios 9.1 to start to send mms. I just have to deal with no mms. Its not worth to lose my jailbreak. Any other suggestions would be great. Tia
Nov 1, 2004
678 posts
66 upvotes
York
marcus44 wrote: I rather have the sms/mms. Not everyone has imessage. Mine works fine tho.
How about MMS change APN to internet.windmobile.ca and restart the phone?
I think if you want it to work properly, you have to update the phone unfortunately.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)