Cell Phones

Wind Mobile coverage in Markham ON

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2015 3:04 pm
Dec 10, 2007
13 posts

Wind Mobile coverage in Markham ON

Looking for some honest feedback on Wind coverage in Markham, near McCowan and Bur Oak Avenue. Also York University Campus (Steeles & Keele). How about inside buildings, down in basements, etc?

Any current subscribers who can share their experience?
18 replies
Nov 30, 2012
47 posts
2 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Been with Wind for 2 years, living at Keele and Sheppard. I use my phone alot while driving all over the GTA including Markham and I always have 5 bars, the only dead spot I've seen is Keele and Wilson. Basements and office building reception is on a case by case basis, some basement apts or office bldgs in the GTA reception will be fine, some not so good. I live in a basement apt and most days my reception is average, some days great, some days it's poor. It's not a problem for me because if it's a bad reception day I just use my wife's cell who isn't with Wind. I work in an office bldg and always have 5 bars. I can also walk thru Yorkdale mall and consistently have 5 bars but if i go deep into a store I sometimes lose my signal completely.

Wind's reception works for me, but it doesn't suit everyone's needs.

An option may be to try Wind and within 2 weeks/30min if you are not satisfied, just cancel.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
86 upvotes
I'm around McCowan and buk oak area. Perfect reception. Always at 4 bars.

Basement is not good but otherwise it's perfect inside my house.

Pmall, FMP and along hwy 7, 16 and steele, reception is perfect. I get full signal at my friend place at 9th line as well.
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8363 posts
4592 upvotes
Durham
Try driving on 16th avenue between kennedy rd and mccowan rd ... zero reception!
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
86 upvotes
AV-Fishing wrote: Try driving on 16th avenue between kennedy rd and mccowan rd ... zero reception!
maybe its your phone ? my reception is perfect and i am using note 2
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
1257 posts
404 upvotes
GTA
AV-Fishing wrote: Try driving on 16th avenue between kennedy rd and mccowan rd ... zero reception!
I think you meant Elgin Mills Rd between mccowan and kennedy there is no reception
Jul 25, 2011
175 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
How's the reception near McCowan & Elson/Dension?

I find 1 bar on my device...
Jan 16, 2010
629 posts
21 upvotes
thinking about switching over to wind.. live in unionville area.. hows the reception?
Apr 19, 2014
213 posts
163 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Markham, in general, is pretty good for coverage for me. Reception inside buildings is hit or miss though, it really depends on the building you go into. Driving around though? Yeah, no problem! :)
May 16, 2012
110 posts
21 upvotes
luv2drive1 wrote: Been with Wind for 2 years, living at Keele and Sheppard. I use my phone alot while driving all over the GTA including Markham and I always have 5 bars, the only dead spot I've seen is Keele and Wilson. Basements and office building reception is on a case by case basis, some basement apts or office bldgs in the GTA reception will be fine, some not so good. I live in a basement apt and most days my reception is average, some days great, some days it's poor. It's not a problem for me because if it's a bad reception day I just use my wife's cell who isn't with Wind. I work in an office bldg and always have 5 bars. I can also walk thru Yorkdale mall and consistently have 5 bars but if i go deep into a store I sometimes lose my signal completely.

Wind's reception works for me, but it doesn't suit everyone's needs.

An option may be to try Wind and within 2 weeks/30min if you are not satisfied, just cancel.
Im also near Kennedy and Denison but I travel a lot via public transit. It would have to be hit and miss. SO if I want to return within 2 weeks/30min , do I get a full refund? Like I hear they charge $25 for the SIM. What about that?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
SIM card purchases are not refundable. There is an element of risk in trying the service. These days coverage is of a lesser issue with Wind. Usually, it is good except in underground, large buildings. The biggest problem is what I refer to as the lights on, nobody home syndrome. You can have full bars and data latency can cause web pages to time out.
May 16, 2012
110 posts
21 upvotes
will888 wrote: SIM card purchases are not refundable. There is an element of risk in trying the service. These days coverage is of a lesser issue with Wind. Usually, it is good except in underground, large buildings. The biggest problem is what I refer to as the lights on, nobody home syndrome. You can have full bars and data latency can cause web pages to time out.
Cool.

today actually Im going to get the newest offer they have which ends in a couple of days.
$39 (5GB + unlimited) https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-dev ... ne-plan-39

(deleted content)

(deleted content)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
IRISTORONTO wrote: Cool.

today actually Im going to get the newest offer they have which ends in a couple of days.
$39 (5GB + unlimited) https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-dev ... ne-plan-39
If you want to refer me, we both get $10 :) I am inboxing email address.

If anyone else also wants to send a referral, please inbox me and I will be happy to share email address.
The mods are going to reprimand you for discussing referrals. It's not allowed.
May 16, 2012
110 posts
21 upvotes
will888 wrote: The mods are going to reprimand you for discussing referrals. It's not allowed.
deleting. :) thanks for pointing out.
Dec 26, 2015
1 posts
I have wind for almost 2 years and since i git it it is not working until now
I tried to cancel the plan they say i can not cancel and if cancel there is a fee of 500$
Just recominding all people that never go with wind
Its always out of service
When someone calls says the person is not available (not the *****ing wind)
Internet is always slow
For a song to listen it take long time to listen
What is found is the real meaning of wind is
W : wind
I. : is
N : never
D. : do
Jun 6, 2017
1 posts
Can someone update if they have improved in 2017? I was a former customer in 2014 and it was BAD. Queen's Quay loblaws I had to literally takes steps front and back to get reception. When heading to Markham Bur Oak and 16th - forget it, I didn't work. wind said for years they would add service but don't know if they did. Can someone comment?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)