Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WIND Mobile

Wind Mobile Holiday Plans - Unlimited Wish 25 / 40 + $29 Back To School

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2013 7:31 pm
Tags:
Aug 8, 2011
99 posts
26 upvotes
Urg I want to switch from mobi since all the existing users got completely shafted by the HSPA+ upgrade and premium data.
But there's no data on the $25 plan, and the $500 windtab won't do any good if I'm planning to get a Nexus 4 anyways.
Oct 1, 2009
148 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
pcnx wrote: I have 2 HMP plans as well and got the $5 discount automatically one day. I thought everyone got that as well.
Thats good to know! The two lines I have are on separate accounts, I'll have to get them merged. Thats one less reason to switch.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2277 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect for my Nexus 4! :cheesygri
Sep 8, 2006
830 posts
336 upvotes
Surrey
the $25 dollar plan is a bargain if you're making a lot of international calls. i'm calling china everyday right now and saving a ton of money using the facebook fan 1 month offer. calling direct vs calling skype/voip is no comparison for a call halfway across the world.
Sep 21, 2009
517 posts
261 upvotes
X-Nemesis wrote: Is it worth switching from their current $40 plan to this one
Unless you make frequent LD and US LD calls, 30$ migration fee isn't worth it.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2842 posts
720 upvotes
The description of Voicemail+ says it includes "Enhanced voicemail notifications allow for direct access to VM message".

Anyone know what that is?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
I'm tempted to jump on an android and go with the $40 plan.
Mar 19, 2010
318 posts
38 upvotes
Does a mobilicity phone have to be unlocked first in order to work with Wind? It's a Samsung Gravity touch.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
blueshirtss wrote: Does a mobilicity phone have to be unlocked first in order to work with Wind? It's a Samsung Gravity touch.
I'm pretty sure you have to.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
Basically windsaver gives us cheaper international rates not free international calls?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
1797 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
blueshirtss wrote: Does a mobilicity phone have to be unlocked first in order to work with Wind? It's a Samsung Gravity touch.
yes
dragon_drift wrote: Basically windsaver gives us cheaper international rates not free international calls?
yes cheaper rates for calling intl.
e-man wrote: The description of Voicemail+ says it includes "Enhanced voicemail notifications allow for direct access to VM message".

Anyone know what that is?
it's basically a premium voicemail service and not the basic 5 messages limit voice mail like the big 3 sometimes offer.
Not sure exactly how many messages. I think it's 25. Someone else might know exact details.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1667 posts
532 upvotes
GTA
don't these plans suck compared to their $29 back to school plan?
May 29, 2011
220 posts
181 upvotes
Markham
keystothecity wrote: Does this plan expire after 1 year (ie does the price jump after 12 months) or is the plan/price valid for the duration your time with Wind?
Can anyone answer this? I believe last year the plan was only valid for 12 months and then the price increased?

Edit: nvm it appears plans are for life
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2012
1187 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
What is the difference between this $40 plan and the current $40 plan they are offering at the moment?
Mar 19, 2010
318 posts
38 upvotes
Thinking about using my Koodo tab to get the S2x and ditch Koodo's super 6GB plan for wish40. I don't really use the phone often to justify a $60+ bill.
Jan 26, 2010
496 posts
180 upvotes
blueshirtss wrote: Thinking about using my Koodo tab to get the S2x and ditch Koodo's super 6GB plan for wish40. I don't really use the phone often to justify a $60+ bill.
Give it away, it's a great plan that many will be interested in. Word of warning, Wind coverage sucks. I had Wind in Oshawa and it was basically like having no service
Feb 17, 2002
970 posts
40 upvotes
Edmonton
How's Wind coverage on the prairies - specifically Edmonton and Calgary?

Thinking about swapping from my grandfathered Koodo with pay as you go data, as it's extra for VM and Call Forwarding.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
mizermalice wrote: don't these plans suck compared to their $29 back to school plan?
but the $29 plan is not available anymore. The only thing currently available is the normal $25 and $40 plans, so these promotional plans are still an upgrade
© 2015
Apr 5, 2012
368 posts
254 upvotes
RICHMOND
Yea it's worse than the $29 BTS plan but that plan is not available anymore and you only had that rate for a year. I just finished on that plan last month so I guess I'll be moving to the $40 plan, still hell of a lot better than what Rogers or Virgin are offering for holiday plans... their plans are a complete joke.

Wind is supposed to be rolling out LTE sometime 2013 and they are expanding coverage more rapidly than mobilicity so it only makes sense for them to start charging more. Gonna be on Wind with a Nexus 4 for the foreseeable future.
Aug 16, 2008
171 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton
Taiphun wrote: How's Wind coverage on the prairies - specifically Edmonton and Calgary?

Thinking about swapping from my grandfathered Koodo with pay as you go data, as it's extra for VM and Call Forwarding.
Edmonton is good. Had coverage 99% of the time when I was on it. Calgary was good when I visited also. However, I spent the entire time in Downtown/North Calgary.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)