Expired Hot Deals

[WIND Mobile] Wind Mobile Holiday Plans - Unlimited Wish 25 / 40 + $29 Back To School

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2013 7:31 pm
Tags:
Sep 18, 2008
386 posts
26 upvotes
hystavito wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 3:09 pm
So I didn't realize for the $150 deal you have to buy one of those 4 phones. I guess you can take the cheapest phone for $39, pull the SIM, and put it in a different phone, correct? If you subtract the cost of the phone from the $150, you're still getting $110 in credit. Better than the $100 "useless" credit from last week.
Where does it say you have to buy 1 of those phones on the website to get the 150 credit? In any case, even if they let you activate just the plan it will cost $25 for the sim card so for 15 more you can get the cheapest phone I think that's a great deal especially since I already own a cheap huawei phone hopefully the charger is the same :) ..
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11336 posts
754 upvotes
Mississauga
I have an unused WIND sim card off my friend which the Square One kiosk didn't activate. Apparently, it wasn't bought from that specific location so they can't activate it. BS.
HEATware |

[shortened link removed]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1122 posts
128 upvotes
Belle River
tdotojnf wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:02 pm
Where does it say you have to buy 1 of those phones on the website to get the 150 credit? In any case, even if they let you activate just the plan it will cost $25 for the sim card so for 15 more you can get the cheapest phone I think that's a great deal especially since I already own a cheap huawei phone hopefully the charger is the same :) ..
It doesn't say it anywhere, maybe the person I spoke to on the phone was wrong. Wind employees don't seem to know the promos, the first store I called said it was the same as the promo last week where you could only use the money for addons, then the second store I called said it would apply to your plan cost but you needed to buy one of the phones.

I just signed up the other day and already paid for the sim, on Pay After $40 plan because I wanted the option to go on a Tab if I decide to in a few weeks. However I already ordered the Nexus4, I'm just not sure about how long it will take to arrive. I'm in the 3-4 week group, so even if that's accurate, with all the holidays coming up, it could easily be middle of January. I am probably going to ask them to switch me over to a Pay Before and get on this $150 promo and just wait for the Nexus,use my old phone until then.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11336 posts
754 upvotes
Mississauga
sidshock wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 10:11 pm
Well, for life, it is 25+tax.

I think the best deal was the $35 irresistible and F&F deals they had. I had it. I only gave it up to use the BTS options for 3 lines.
At least 2 years.
HEATware |

[shortened link removed]
Jun 11, 2009
767 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
hystavito wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 3:48 am
Does the $150 thing start Friday December 7th? I just signed up on Monday night for the $100 addon credit, that I will prob not even use but I figured that would be the last/best promo before xmas. I'm gonna go and ask for it, it's only been a few days, and I have a feeling they'll just say no.
Whats makes you think "this" will be the last promo before Xmas.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1122 posts
128 upvotes
Belle River
mukhtar1982 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:56 pm
Whats makes you think "this" will be the last promo before Xmas.
It may not be, but I am already signed up and I expect promos like this will usually be for new activations only. As more time passes, the answer is more likely to be no when I complain that I want to switch to a newer/better promo.
Dec 5, 2004
231 posts
16 upvotes
how reliable is the phone line? I want to switch my landline, but i worry if the call drops, and calls doesn't go through. does those issues happen often?

I need to have reliable line, but like the price. Thanks for advise
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
173 upvotes
i97ww4 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 5:13 pm
how reliable is the phone line? I want to switch my landline, but i worry if the call drops, and calls doesn't go through. does those issues happen often?

I need to have reliable line, but like the price. Thanks for advise
Nobody will know until you try that at your home. It can be perfect in one home but sucky in another.
e.g. I believe my daughter's Wind phone has connection problem in our basement but okay in another floor.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1768 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:19 pm
I have an unused WIND sim card off my friend which the Square One kiosk didn't activate. Apparently, it wasn't bought from that specific location so they can't activate it. BS.
It's highly unlikely that an employee would turn down an activation like that. If they said they couldn't activate it then that probably means the system wouldn't accept the SIM card when they tried to scan it (or they knew this would be the case).
© 2015
Aug 3, 2006
872 posts
122 upvotes
Currently on a $40 leap plan. Can I migrate to the Unlimited Wish? (unlimited US right?)

Also, I'll be out of the country for 4 months. Will they allow me to put the account on "hold" then resume the unlimited wish plan afterwards?

Could use the voicemail.
Jun 11, 2009
767 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
qsub wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 7:52 pm
Currently on a $40 leap plan. Can I migrate to the Unlimited Wish? (unlimited US right?)

Also, I'll be out of the country for 4 months. Will they allow me to put the account on "hold" then resume the unlimited wish plan afterwards?

Could use the voicemail.
Only for 7 days or if your phone is stolen/lost. Yes you can migrate with a $30 migration fee.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2465 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
What's the difference between the normal $40 plans and this one? It including CID?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9159 posts
796 upvotes
all wind plan comes with cid / call control
Sepharite wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:07 pm
What's the difference between the normal $40 plans and this one? It including CID?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Oct 19, 2012
923 posts
89 upvotes
Brampton
sexyj wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:36 pm
all wind plan comes with cid / call control
What do you mean by call control? Can you block private/unknown numbers?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
2682 posts
222 upvotes
GTA
Bazinga11 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:45 pm
What do you mean by call control? Can you block private/unknown numbers?
Nope.

Call control = caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding and Call Waiting
× < >