Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WIND Mobile

Wind Mobile Holiday Plans - Unlimited Wish 25 / 40 + $29 Back To School

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2013 7:31 pm
Tags:
Mar 19, 2010
318 posts
38 upvotes
Studystand wrote: Give it away, it's a great plan that many will be interested in. Word of warning, Wind coverage sucks. I had Wind in Oshawa and it was basically like having no service
Whereabouts in Oshawa are you? I had Wind before and i switched to Koodo last year because they had terrible reception in the university area. Apparently, now the coverage improved near university according to some of my friends who has Wind. Yeah my Koodo plan is certainly great, and Koodo has S3 coming out in December which i can use my tab on. Pretty confused, really.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1674 posts
268 upvotes
piezo5 wrote: Yea it's worse than the $29 BTS plan but that plan is not available anymore and you only had that rate for a year. I just finished on that plan last month so I guess I'll be moving to the $40 plan, still hell of a lot better than what Rogers or Virgin are offering for holiday plans... their plans are a complete joke.
I believe the BTS $29 plan is for life, not just 1 year
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
86 upvotes
redflag999 wrote: I believe the BTS $29 plan is for life, not just 1 year
i second that

BTS $29 is for life
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
Dec 18, 2006
840 posts
110 upvotes
Richmond Hill
does anyone here use 100mb or less per month? what can you do with that
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Wow, these are some sweet plans.

May have to hop on when they come out with their holiday plans nex year. I tried them 2 years ago and wasn't completely satisfied with their reception, I hope things have improved in that time.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5634 posts
208 upvotes
Scarborough
When WIND has LTE then ok. :)
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|CR 2x16Gb DDR4-3600 CL16|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB HDD|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|CS K100|HyperX PF Surge|Ocu. Rift S
Oct 20, 2012
946 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
I'm planning to get a new phone and go to WIND likely next week. Currently with Rogers pay-as-you-go on my older phone, is it possible to port my number? To have it on the new phone and on WIND. Or am I stuck getting a new number?
Aug 20, 2010
211 posts
49 upvotes
Twoapplesnbanana wrote: I'm planning to get a new phone and go to WIND likely next week. Currently with Rogers pay-as-you-go on my older phone, is it possible to port my number? To have it on the new phone and on WIND. Or am I stuck getting a new number?
You'll be able to bring over your old number from Rogers. Just make sure you don't cancel your line; also have your rogers account number available when you switch
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes
X-Nemesis wrote: Is it worth switching from their current $40 plan to this one
I think so. It only costs you $30 to switch.
LegobrandonCP wrote: What is the difference between this $40 plan and the current $40 plan they are offering at the moment?
My quick comparison:

What you gain (from the regular $40 plan) are:

- Unlimited Outgoing/Incoming Global Texts
- Unlimited Canada-wide Picture Messaging (your current plan has unlimited picture message incoming but not outgoing which is 20 cents per msg)
- Voicemail+ (if you have voicemail now, you are paying extra $8 per month)
- World Saver (featuring international long distance rates starting from 1₵/minute) [extra $8 per month with the current plan]

What you loss is:
$30 to switch the plan

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/11/06/wind- ... ember-9th/
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Apr 21, 2008
490 posts
211 upvotes
Twoapplesnbanana wrote: I'm planning to get a new phone and go to WIND likely next week. Currently with Rogers pay-as-you-go on my older phone, is it possible to port my number? To have it on the new phone and on WIND. Or am I stuck getting a new number?
Make sure your balance is near zero, if you have some money left and can't get rid of it in time. Donate it to a charity by SMS. Don't let Rogers Profit from it...
Mar 14, 2009
260 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
How's Wind coverage in GTA area expecially Markham, Richmond Hill, Scarborough and Toronto comparing to Mobi? I understand that the coverage is wider comparing with Mobi but is the reception good? Thanks.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes
boon1 wrote: How's Wind coverage in GTA area expecially Markham, Richmond Hill, Scarborough and Toronto comparing to Mobi? I understand that the coverage is wider comparing with Mobi but is the reception good? Thanks.
Next to no reception north of 16.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
May 31, 2011
34 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I was just wondering, does anyone know whether the 25$ plan covers MMS? I see "Picture messaging (Canada wide 20c)", so does that mean local MMS is included? And what is "local mms"? Area code?
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
With all these unlimited plans, I must say, Wind needs to do more. If It wasn't for their limited coverage 'zones' I would be back on board with them. I prefer Unlimited Canada where I don't have to worry about long distance on Canada.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1273 posts
591 upvotes
Cambridge
gman wrote: I think so. It only costs you $30 to switch.
My quick comparison:

What you gain (from the regular $40 plan) are:

- Unlimited Outgoing/Incoming Global Texts
- Unlimited Canada-wide Picture Messaging (your current plan has unlimited picture message incoming but not outgoing which is 20 cents per msg)
- Voicemail+ (if you have voicemail now, you are paying extra $8 per month)
- World Saver (featuring international long distance rates starting from 1₵/minute) [extra $8 per month with the current plan]

What you loss is:
$30 to switch the plan

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/11/06/wind- ... ember-9th/
You missed Unlimited Outgoing to US, current one has only Canada-wide
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto
plumcakk wrote: I was just wondering, does anyone know whether the 25$ plan covers MMS? I see "Picture messaging (Canada wide 20c)", so does that mean local MMS is included? And what is "local mms"? Area code?
MMS is PPU (@ $0.2/message) on the $25 plan.
andriykoua wrote: With all these unlimited plans, I must say, Wind needs to do more. If It wasn't for their limited coverage 'zones' I would be back on board with them. I prefer Unlimited Canada where I don't have to worry about long distance on Canada.
Do more? The only reason your getting such a great rate is because of the limited coverage zone. If you think Wind will offer these types of plans when they have a large enough network, you must be dreaming.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1838 posts
268 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
I REALLY want to switch to Wind, but I will miss my 6GB Canada-wide data with Telus.

I'm scared that I will be outside of 'Home zones' too often and will get dinged with constant roaming charges. I know there is a 'Do Not Roam' option on most phones, but I'm still iffy.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2549 posts
1011 upvotes
How is reception in Ottawa? I live and work in Centretown. So long as I can get reception inside buildings I'm happy.

I have a retention deal through Rogers, but Wind is just so much cheaper.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?