Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WIND Mobile

Wind Mobile Holiday Plans - Unlimited Wish 25 / 40 + $29 Back To School

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2013 7:31 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau
ma678 wrote: $30 migration fee kills the deal.

Pass.
These new plans are not promos. They will be the new regular voice plans. So there is no migration fee.

djino
Sep 26, 2007
683 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa
mikka1989 wrote: have you tried looking into VOIP or rogers home phone, i think they have promo on 20/month(get call display and call waiting) bucks all in for 2years + 50 installation fee
voip is not going to do it. My parents talk a lot and they need a reliable plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1674 posts
268 upvotes
vipt2000 wrote: The $20 plan look very good for unlimited local calling. I guess the call display would cost 8 bucks more.

Questions for any Wind experts here:

- have anyone getting rid of their home phone (Bell) and use Wind instead?
- where can we buy bluetooth cordless phones so the Wind cell can paired up? I want to get rid of Bhell service for my parents as with call display and call waiting our landline is costing over $45 buck.
Also, would the bluetooth cordless phones able to display user/phone number and also swith other incoming number (call waiting)

I am thinking of replacing my parents landline as long as Wind service is reliable and the bluetooth cordless phones can act the same as the regular cordless phone (under Bhell service)

thank you in advance.
I did replace my Bell service with Wind and converted my in-law also.

I bought my BT phone from Costco, it is a 4 handset Uniden on sale at Costco before Christmas for $70. Both Panasonic and Vtech are well over $100 for their 4 and 5 handset BT phones at the time. The voice quality is ok but not great. It does display callerid but I don't know about call waiting as I haven't tried that yet. The only thing I hope for is the answering machine will work with my cell but it doesn't so I presume it only answer on a landline. I don't know if the Pany or Vtech will work or not.
Sep 26, 2007
683 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa
redflag999 wrote: I did replace my Bell service with Wind and converted my in-law also.

I bought my BT phone from Costco, it is a 4 handset Uniden on sale at Costco before Christmas for $70. Both Panasonic and Vtech are well over $100 for their 4 and 5 handset BT phones at the time. The voice quality is ok but not great. It does display callerid but I don't know about call waiting as I haven't tried that yet. The only thing I hope for is the answering machine will work with my cell but it doesn't so I presume it only answer on a landline. I don't know if the Pany or Vtech will work or not.
If the BT phone can work like a regular phone for call display and call ID and also using long distance thru a third party (you call a central number first then dial the number that you want to call) then I am all for it. The initial cost is high but heck, they will have a cellphone with them when they are not a home. I guess with BT phone you can just let it automatically pair up with the cellphone or there is a dock?

Anyone else have experience for getting rid of landline and currently using home 'BT phone' via unlimited local cellphone, please do share. Thanks
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13912 posts
5398 upvotes
Do you have internet connection at home? If so why not just pay 50 once and port your line to fpl.
vipt2000 wrote: The $20 plan look very good for unlimited local calling. I guess the call display would cost 8 bucks more.

Questions for any Wind experts here:

- have anyone getting rid of their home phone (Bell) and use Wind instead?
- where can we buy bluetooth cordless phones so the Wind cell can paired up? I want to get rid of Bhell service for my parents as with call display and call waiting our landline is costing over $45 buck.
Also, would the bluetooth cordless phones able to display user/phone number and also swith other incoming number (call waiting)

I am thinking of replacing my parents landline as long as Wind service is reliable and the bluetooth cordless phones can act the same as the regular cordless phone (under Bhell service)

thank you in advance.
The sweetest gyal
Sep 26, 2007
683 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa
sexyj wrote: Do you have internet connection at home? If so why not just pay 50 once and port your line to fpl.
Yes but voip is not going to do it. My parents need a reliable (similiar to landline) phone services.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2008
1815 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, I have a question folks.

My contract from telus is up on Feb 20th. I'm planning to port to one of the wind unlimited plan that is ending on jan 31st. I don't mind being double charge on the month of Feb just to get out of telus.

Is it possible to call telus to terminate my service post Feb 20th while porting my telus number to wind during the month of Feb/Jan31st?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2003
2882 posts
13 upvotes
It's been >45 days, anyone actually start getting the $6.25 monthly credits?
Sep 18, 2008
676 posts
200 upvotes
curtis wrote: It's been >45 days, anyone actually start getting the $6.25 monthly credits?
Nope. For this reason I have called in and opened a ticket. No resolution yet and it has been > 5 business days :cry:
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4246 posts
1670 upvotes
Belle River
curtis wrote: It's been >45 days, anyone actually start getting the $6.25 monthly credits?
Heh, so they messed this up for everyone, I asked about it a few pages back. Last night I finally got it, but it took some discussion with support a couple times.

First time they said they had no clue what I was talking about and my account showed no promos, and to call the store. After I few days I hadn't yet called the store but since I had another billing problem I called support again and decided to bring up the promo issue. The other issue I was getting mad about because after several calls and them telling me it would be fixed by some date, it hadn't been, so I was pretty stern with them about that, not sure if that factored in to getting the promo fixed too.

Anyway he put me on hold a few times, then gave me a ticket and told me to call back in about 48hrs. About an hour later they called me and they told me they had corrected it and applied the promo, and the $6.25 appeared in my account.

Overall WIND customer service has been terrible so far, but I'm hoping I won't have to deal with them again since my issues appear to be resolved now, but that's the problem, they may not be resolved :) . They always claim they are going to fix the issue by some method on some date, and then I have to call when that date has long passed, like weeks later, and then they tell me a new way they will fix it by some new date, on and on. I would not be surprised if the $6.25 credit doesn't get applied next month and I'll be calling them again.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2003
2882 posts
13 upvotes
I called in today - they played the, 'what promo?' and put me on hold for 10-15 minutes. Still not applied. Anyone else call in and get the same, 'what promo' treatment? It should be simple enough - all the pay before accounts setup on the two wish plans between the validity dates qualify for this...

If anyone needs it, I have a screen shot of their webpage with promo details.
Jun 11, 2009
802 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga
curtis wrote: I called in today - they played the, 'what promo?' and put me on hold for 10-15 minutes. Still not applied. Anyone else call in and get the same, 'what promo' treatment? It should be simple enough - all the pay before accounts setup on the two wish plans between the validity dates qualify for this...

If anyone needs it, I have a screen shot of their webpage with promo details.
Yep. Got the same treatment. I was 'this' close to bursting out on the csr but didn't. Thanks for the pdf file. Keep us in the loop on how it goes for you?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5736 posts
354 upvotes
I received a useful tip from a Wind employee regarding CSR, so take it for what it's worth.

They have one Customer Service centre in Canada (Windsor if I recall correctly) and two overseas one. The Canadian CSRs will be more helpful and might save you some headaches.

The caveat is that most employees in the Windsor centre there work normal hours, so if you call during holidays or at nights there might only be a few workers there, or none at all. Best way to reach them is call during business hours. As soon as you hear someone with an accent, just hang up and try again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)