Page 113 of 120

Re: Wind Pay as you go -- Free Incoming Calls

Posted: Dec 13th, 2013 10:10 am
by ahoroba
djino wrote:
Dec 13th, 2013 9:49 am
OR, the OP of this thread can update the Wind PAY YOUR WAY offering.

djino
Sure, but quite a few of the useful tricks discussed in this long thread (callback with voip.ms for cheap outgoing, use with freephoneline.ca, etc.) are now moot in the absence of unlimited free incoming.

Posted: Dec 14th, 2013 7:54 pm
by crystallight
djino wrote:
Dec 12th, 2013 7:51 pm
Alcatel One Touch is $129
Black Berry Curve 9320 is $149
Huawei Ascend Y215 is $119
Samsung T-159 is $99
LG F4N is $89
Huawei U2801 is $49

Djino
"The above are phones Wind sells within your price range"
I think only 2 of them are Android smartphones (Alcatel and Huawei). It I were to get one, it would prob be the Alcatel one since it seems much better then the other one and only $10 more. But even then, it's Alcatel...not sure how good it would be.

Posted: Dec 15th, 2013 6:55 am
by djino
crystallight wrote:
Dec 14th, 2013 7:54 pm
I think only 2 of them are Android smartphones (Alcatel and Huawei). It I were to get one, it would prob be the Alcatel one since it seems much better then the other one and only $10 more. But even then, it's Alcatel...not sure how good it would be.
Its probably not the best Android phone you'd see, but then again, if you want something better, you gotta pay more. Perhaps look at getting the Nexus 5 from Google.

djino

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2013 12:46 am
by avoCAdooooo
is it nano sim card available??

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2013 12:49 am
by toysareforboys
avoCAdooooo wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2013 12:46 am
is it nano sim card available??
Xacto knife is your friend ;)

-Jamie M.

Posted: Feb 27th, 2014 7:50 pm
by toysareforboys
I noticed my phone says 4G at my home in Whitby where it never has before :) I guess it could just be improved signal, I usually only get 1 or no bars but lately I've been getting 3 or 4!! :D

And a bit of a rant about their billing system. I usually just pay the $40 and that'll last me my entire service life (6 months, using the $5/mo unlimited text add-on). Because of the ice storm I had to use some voice calls and data so it didn't quite last me until my service life date (March 27).

Here's how it went down:

So WTF? Why was the $5 not available 2 days later when the text add-on tried to come out? I never ever use pay services (voice calls, data, have my phone locked to Wind Home so no roaming, etc.). I called Wind, you wouldn't believe what they said:

"If you pay every month for unlimited text there is a period every month where you don't have unlimited text coverage. In your case it was from midnight on Feb 26th until noon the following day (Feb 27th). You sent four text messages this morning so your remaining balance wasn't enough to cover the add-on."

Wow, what a scam. My package expires at midnight and they don't renew it until noon the next day? How does THAT make sense?

And djino, you might have a solution for my other beef with them.

Would it be possible to load $40 onto my phone to get the 6 months service life, then move $35 of it to another wind account (I have other family members with wind phones). Then every month when it says it can't renew my text package, just transfer $5 from that other wind account into mine. That should work fine right? I know the other account will still need to put $40 in to keep up their service life which is fine. Let me know if you think that'd work.

-Jamie M.

Posted: Mar 4th, 2014 6:09 am
by mukhtar1982
I would suggest to not hang the add on every month. It's gfed and if you don't put money beforehand every month. They might Cancel it altogether (add on).
What you can do is, add $40 every six months, transfer everything but $6. Try to avoid texting in the bizarre time frame they mentioned.

Posted: Mar 4th, 2014 6:16 am
by Jimboski
@toys i think your phone bugged out.. It looks like you're connected to wifi and data at the same time?

Posted: Mar 4th, 2014 1:35 pm
by toysareforboys
mukhtar1982 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2014 6:09 am
I would suggest to not hang the add on every month. It's gfed and if you don't put money beforehand every month. They might Cancel it altogether (add on).
What you can do is, add $40 every six months, transfer everything but $6. Try to avoid texting in the bizarre time frame they mentioned.
Yeah, $6 would still work out fine. I think that's the best plan. I'll give it a go when my service life runs out the end of this month.
Jimboski wrote:
Mar 4th, 2014 6:16 am
@toys i think your phone bugged out.. It looks like you're connected to wifi and data at the same time?
My phone is connected to WiFi pretty much 24/7. It still says 4G when I'm in 4G areas as long as I have mobile data turned on. Sometimes it won't say 4G until I get a picture or video text, then 4G will kick in (super sucks you can't get texts over WiFi :( lol). In the above screen cap I had just received a pic text and I noticed the 4G so I took a screen cap.

-Jamie M.

call back not working on wind / callwithus

Posted: Mar 14th, 2014 9:50 am
by dealfreeak
any have trouble in recieving callback from callwithus..
i m having problem and dont know if wind has put a blockage on their caller id

Posted: Apr 5th, 2014 1:44 pm
by crystallight
forums.redflagdeals.com/wind-mobile-25-unlimited-canada-wide-talk-text-caller-id-1465513

In that thread someone mentions that Pay Your Way is ending. Anyone know if this is true?

Posted: Apr 5th, 2014 1:47 pm
by djino
crystallight wrote:
Apr 5th, 2014 1:44 pm
forums.redflagdeals.com/wind-mobile-25-unlimited-canada-wide-talk-text-caller-id-1465513

In that thread someone mentions that Pay Your Way is ending. Anyone know if this is true?
Many sources say it's true, but we will know for sure on Monday.

Best bet is if you want it, get it before Monday.

Djino

Posted: Apr 5th, 2014 4:01 pm
by crystallight
djino wrote:
Apr 5th, 2014 1:47 pm
Many sources say it's true, but we will know for sure on Monday.

Best bet is if you want it, get it before Monday.

Djino
What kind of sources? I did a quick google search and nothing came up. I already have PYW (free incoming too)...so you're saying those who are already signed up for PYW will still have it even if they're ending it? I certainly hope so as PYW is easily the best bang for buck for my needs.

Posted: Apr 5th, 2014 4:43 pm
by toysareforboys
crystallight wrote:
Apr 5th, 2014 4:01 pm
...so you're saying those who are already signed up for PYW will still have it even if they're ending it?
Correct.

-Jamie M.

Posted: Apr 5th, 2014 5:48 pm
by max011
crystallight wrote:
Apr 5th, 2014 4:01 pm
so you're saying those who are already signed up for PYW will still have it even if they're ending it? I certainly hope so as PYW is easily the best bang for buck for my needs.
Unless they just decide to phase it out in a way of, say, just ceasing to receve payments for extensions of service life...