Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WIND Mobile

Locked: Wind Pay as you go -- Free Incoming Calls

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 6:04 pm
Tags:
Sep 20, 2017
372 posts
184 upvotes
Markham
crystallight wrote: For those with the $5 text add -on, is there a way to see the date that the $5 gets deducted each month?
I remember we used to get text notifications showing this but I haven't received those in a loooong time.
No, you won't. Write down the date and make sure you got enough balance in billing day.

Also be careful to have enough balance in the billing day. Otherwise they'll charge you by "per day" something like that. I was charged $2.5 because I don't have enough balance in billing day . I refilled my account 2 days after billing day, they charged me $5 on top of the $2.5 . Called 611 and they give me one time credit and explained the rule.
May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
TracyWater wrote: I have a wind postpaid account and other prepaid account. I got many $$ in prepaid account. Tried to transfer but Freedom didn't allow me. I asked support agent "if there is any work out" and answer is no. Too bad.
You can only transfer to a prepaid account. It doesn't have to be a Pay-Your-Way account, it can be a monthly plan, but it has to be set up as Pay Before instead of Pay After.
Oct 14, 2009
470 posts
83 upvotes
Can someone please explain what is the expiry date after transferring credits from pay as you go to a pay before monthly plan?

Is it based on the expiry of the transferring account?
May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
If it's a pay before monthly account, it will withdraw the monthly amount from the credit. It will last until the credit is depleted.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7478 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
Any one know if the $2 cap per day charge is still valid? Also, does the cap applies to away data as well or just in home zone? I am on a trip soon, would be nice to be able to use the away data as $2 per day, much cheaper than to add away data add-one on my other plan.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
If anyone wants 70% via etransfer for any Freedom funds transfer PM me.
Jul 22, 2016
105 posts
71 upvotes
Does anyone still have this amazing plan? I'd pay to take it over!
May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
I do but it's not for sale. I've seen someone sell it on Kijiji but it ain't cheap :)
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
xoy74 wrote: I do but it's not for sale. I've seen someone sell it on Kijiji but it ain't cheap :)
How much does this wind mobile prepaid card worth now?
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Apr 14, 2006
415 posts
277 upvotes
I have one. Feel free to PM me to make an offer.
May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
I've seen one posted on Kijiji for $200, also someone said they bought one for $175
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
If you have a lot of incoming, $200 is not bad
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7478 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
For people who gives this plan to family/friends or sell it to others, can you change the name, email and all the corresponding account information to the other user as well as you just pass the login to the new user, how to do that, in a freedom mobile store or call customer service?
May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
rivet wrote: For people who gives this plan to family/friends or sell it to others, can you change the name, email and all the corresponding account information to the other user as well as you just pass the login to the new user, how to do that, in a freedom mobile store or call customer service?
I have not done it myself, but I've been told that the account ownership can be easily changed in store.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
rivet wrote: For people who gives this plan to family/friends or sell it to others, can you change the name, email and all the corresponding account information to the other user as well as you just pass the login to the new user, how to do that, in a freedom mobile store or call customer service?
I transferred mine a couple of years ago and the owner information can be easily changed at the kiosk. The individual was already a Wind/Freedom customer (with another line) so it took all of 5 minutes.
Feb 29, 2012
792 posts
356 upvotes
crystallight wrote: Are you sure the $2 thing still exists? I remember I used to get text notification when they happened but I haven't gotten one in a LOOOOOONG time.
Also, when you say the unlimited outgoing calls is for local only, what does "local" mean exactly? Is that when you're in the Wind/Freedom Home zone? I recently went above $2 but that was during a phone call in the Away zone.
Probably dependent on area code
i.e. this is an Edmonton number that was used in Edmonton.
(the 780/587 calls are treated as local, the calls to other area codes are provincial/national, the lower 2 calls are to USA numbers.)
Example page 2 with the same phone number
Oct 12, 2008
336 posts
855 upvotes
up

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)