[WIND Mobile] Wind Pay as you go -- Free Incoming Calls

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2017 11:58 pm
Tags:
Apr 11, 2015
5 posts
Fox888 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2015 11:48 pm
I just topped up my PYW account yesterday and now they deducted $5 for unlimited Wind2Wind calling and another $5 for Unlimited texting for next month. Any one else?
You have to cancel these 2 add-ons because they are only free for 1 year. Do you still have unlimited incoming now?
Oct 10, 2013
28 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
fy1971 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2015 12:24 am
You have to cancel these 2 add-ons because they are only free for 1 year. Do you still have unlimited incoming now?
Thanks. Not sure about the unlimited incoming. My 1 yr special just expired last wk. Will test the incoming soon.
Oct 10, 2013
28 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
fy1971 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2015 12:24 am
Just check my account online and it says I don't have any add-on. Guess will have to give them a call.
Sep 6, 2009
222 posts
107 upvotes
Anyone wants to get some discounted credits for your pay your way account? I have some unused dollars ($100 ish)
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13081 posts
3985 upvotes
Gatineau
I wouldn't mind getting $50 in Wind Credit for $35 paypal.

djino
Oneplus 2
- Sim 1: $49/month - Rogers Quebec - 10GB/Canada-wide Calling/text/Call Display/Enhanced Voicemail/Call Waiting/Call Forwarding ($70 - 30% Corp Discount)
- Sim 2: $7.50/month - Fido - 3GB Data-only plan ($15 - 50% for 12 months)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2118 posts
871 upvotes
Quick question, I made an 8 minute outgoing phone call recently and expected it to be charged (like any other outgoing call). However, when I checked my account, it was labelled as “special outgoing” whereas the rest of my calls were all labelled either “home incoming” or “local outgoing”. I am not aware of any promotion going on or any special thing going on with my account. Anyone know what the “special outgoing” is or have it yourself?
Jan 3, 2017
1 posts
I have been using Wind (now Freedom mobile) since 5 or 6 years when it was initially launched in Toronto Ontario Canada.

Here's what I have to say

-I bought the pay as you go package. Since day one I am paying only $100 CAD a year. Yes $100 a YEAR.

-1st day, which is the day I bought this SIM there was a deal going on in which I got 50% money back on loading $$$ into it. I loaded $100 CAD and got $50 back so the actual credit was Hooliiii $150 CAD.

-All incoming (both calls and messages [Local OR International]) any where in US and Canada are free

-All outgoing (both calls and messages) to US and Canada while travelling any where in US or Canada are charged at local rate.

-If I use $2 CAD in any day (24 hr cycle) then all day all out going (both calls and messages) to Canada or USA get FREE while in Canada or USA. Hence in each month the max I can get charged is $60. Not possible to get me charged higher.

-$100 keeps my SIM valid for 1 year and my balance stays unchanged unless I make calls or messages which are charged at a regular local rate from anywhere in US or in Canada.
At year end I still have say $25 or $30 left. Top up $100 more to extend another year and previous saved balance adds up.
So lets say I had only spent $70 last year and now to extend SIM life for another year I top up $100 then my new balance will be $130.

-I do not make much calls and I get called by others

-Minor coverage issue which is almost unnoticeable in GTA and is in GTA only and has improved a lot.

-No coverage outside GTA, BUT, BUT BUT the thing is Wind (Now Freedom) has third party cell phone coverage which is like almost 100% coverage.
To make it easy to understand wind\freedom must be having some inside understanding\deal\contract (call it whatever) with other cell providers cause I always get signal any where in US\Canada.
Btw I travel (drive) crazy to far away North Ontario, South USA, far far away in no population zones (in US) and still get signals.
So where ever there is any kind of cell phone tower Wind\Freedom will connect as roaming and work perfect, while my roaming is free all US Canada.

-I am not a wind\freedom employee. I took this SIM in days when going through some weaker times as this was the only affordable way and I wasn't able to afford a monthly bill of ANY kind.

-This was a limited time offer those days when Wind was a newborn in Canada.
-Guess this package I got was launched by mistake by Wind. (I would say a Killer package)

-Just wanted to share this information cause a lot of my friends and family later wanted to have this same package but Wind\Freedom stopped offering.

-So if in future if it does and you have read what I have written above then talk to the wind customer service, sales agents and if it sounds like my above information, I would suggest go for it.
-Big time saver.
Nov 11, 2006
329 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You do know that you can pay $40 and you sim is good for 6 months right? That's $80/year instead $100/year
Nov 25, 2003
983 posts
375 upvotes
Vancouver
mammarq wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 1:43 am
I have been using Wind (now Freedom mobile) since 5 or 6 years when it was initially launched in Toronto Ontario Canada.

Here's what I have to say

-I bought the pay as you go package. Since day one I am paying only $100 CAD a year. Yes $100 a YEAR.

-1st day, which is the day I bought this SIM there was a deal going on in which I got 50% money back on loading $$$ into it. I loaded $100 CAD and got $50 back so the actual credit was Hooliiii $150 CAD.

-All incoming (both calls and messages [Local OR International]) any where in US and Canada are free

-All outgoing (both calls and messages) to US and Canada while travelling any where in US or Canada are charged at local rate.

-If I use $2 CAD in any day (24 hr cycle) then all day all out going (both calls and messages) to Canada or USA get FREE while in Canada or USA. Hence in each month the max I can get charged is $60. Not possible to get me charged higher.

-$100 keeps my SIM valid for 1 year and my balance stays unchanged unless I make calls or messages which are charged at a regular local rate from anywhere in US or in Canada.
At year end I still have say $25 or $30 left. Top up $100 more to extend another year and previous saved balance adds up.
So lets say I had only spent $70 last year and now to extend SIM life for another year I top up $100 then my new balance will be $130.

-I do not make much calls and I get called by others

-Minor coverage issue which is almost unnoticeable in GTA and is in GTA only and has improved a lot.

-No coverage outside GTA, BUT, BUT BUT the thing is Wind (Now Freedom) has third party cell phone coverage which is like almost 100% coverage.
To make it easy to understand wind\freedom must be having some inside understanding\deal\contract (call it whatever) with other cell providers cause I always get signal any where in US\Canada.
Btw I travel (drive) crazy to far away North Ontario, South USA, far far away in no population zones (in US) and still get signals.
So where ever there is any kind of cell phone tower Wind\Freedom will connect as roaming and work perfect, while my roaming is free all US Canada.

-I am not a wind\freedom employee. I took this SIM in days when going through some weaker times as this was the only affordable way and I wasn't able to afford a monthly bill of ANY kind.

-This was a limited time offer those days when Wind was a newborn in Canada.
-Guess this package I got was launched by mistake by Wind. (I would say a Killer package)

-Just wanted to share this information cause a lot of my friends and family later wanted to have this same package but Wind\Freedom stopped offering.

-So if in future if it does and you have read what I have written above then talk to the wind customer service, sales agents and if it sounds like my above information, I would suggest go for it.
-Big time saver.
Except for telling us that you are wasting $20/year, what's yr point? I have this plan (times 2) for years, its dead for 2 years now and noone can get it so...? I'd like one of these BTS plans now, but they are dead too, noone can get them, so how your post helps????
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Feb 6, 2013
33 posts
4 upvotes
just curious, you dont get charged for roaming??? So if you leave the WIND Home network, you dont get charged roaming rate?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1299 posts
285 upvotes
Incubator wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 7:09 am
just curious, you dont get charged for roaming??? So if you leave the WIND Home network, you dont get charged roaming rate?
He does get charged roaming but probably doesn't know it. Just like he could be paying $80 yearly instead of $100. I used this same plan and incoming/outgoing calls within US were 15c a min and 20c/min if in AWAY in Canada.
Current Favorites: Fido $15/3GB & My Mall Box
Jan 20, 2017
142 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
I have $160 in Wind Credit for $150
paypal or Interac e-Transfer
Thank you RFDer for:
Zoomer $36 plan 2GB Data 400 Minutes Free HUAWEI GR5
Cannet $35 plan 30M/5M Free Modem
Total GCR cashback $356.41

NEVER argue with a negative person.
You will always lose.
Oct 25, 2005
130 posts
34 upvotes
You can still get exact same plan today
$2 per day is maximum charge x 30 days in a month = $60

Just buy the Freedom 55 Anywhere plan and it includes Canada and US roaming already

Network is pretty shaky though, there are lots of better options out there if you really use the phone so little
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
1758 posts
305 upvotes
Anyone else on this plan notice that the $2 max per day is no longer in effect?

I made a phone call and it lasted longer than I expected.. surprised afterwards that I didn't get the usual text stating I'm free for the rest of the day, checked my balance and was down about $4

Also had an incoming call last night, last maybe 10mins, checked my balance today and was down another couple $$
Sep 6, 2009
222 posts
107 upvotes
I have $40 prepaid credit for $30 if anyone interested. ETM or Paypal.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel