[WIND Mobile] WIND Pay your way - Free Unlimited incoming - Offer Extended

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2012 3:12 pm
Tags:
Oct 5, 2007
107 posts
23 upvotes

[WIND Mobile] WIND Pay your way - Free Unlimited incoming - Offer Extended

Wind extends the free unlimited incoming on their pay your way prepaid plan. Good for people who missed out last month.

LINK

(the first thread was moved to expired deals)
19 replies
[OP]
Oct 5, 2007
107 posts
23 upvotes
Here is the link to previous thread with lots of information to take advantage of this offer.

Previous Thread
Oct 26, 2009
620 posts
151 upvotes
doesn't seem to say when this offer expires.

do their PYW also have monthly surcharges (e.g. 911 fee, service fee, etc.)?

Can someone also point out any good deals on phones? I know WiM has that $50 Huawei phone w/ SIM on all the time. Any other cheap but decent phone deals around? Is there a cheaper way to get their $25 SIM if I choose to unlock some other phone?
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14339 posts
1292 upvotes
Oshawa
Worth mentioning is the fact that you can't port a number to your Wind service after you've activated the phone. So if you want to evaluate Wind, you have the choice of dumping your old number or buying a second sim card to port your old number to.
Blacklisted brands: Sony, Lenovo, Dell, Vizio
[OP]
Oct 5, 2007
107 posts
23 upvotes
davesnothere wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2011 2:08 am
doesn't seem to say when this offer expires.

do their PYW also have monthly surcharges (e.g. 911 fee, service fee, etc.)?

Can someone also point out any good deals on phones? I know WiM has that $50 Huawei phone w/ SIM on all the time. Any other cheap but decent phone deals around? Is there a cheaper way to get their $25 SIM if I choose to unlock some other phone?

Thats right no expiry date this time.

I signed up for this plan and do not see any 911 or service fee.
Feb 18, 2010
689 posts
60 upvotes
Also, free incoming SMS.

I should've flipping waited >.<
Jun 7, 2009
179 posts
216 upvotes
Thinking Oct 31 was the last day I activated with Wind for this. Customer service leaves a bit to be desired since no one said porting my number after activating would require a new SIM card (I explicitly mentioned this...). What?! I've never had to do that before.

Wanted to add two things to this thread. First, while the previous thread mentioned call display being included free of charge I was surprised to learn that when you miss a call (out of range, etc...) you get a text message informing you of it - included too. I had signed up for the $5/ month voice mail add on and I might not have had I known about the SMS missed call feature.

Second, the location I went to Yonge + Bloor (Holt Renfrew Centre, Toronto) had a bunch of "lightly loved"/ returned phones left behind from the promo they did earlier in the month. While they are Final Sale and no warranty the price of $29 for the Huawei U1250 ($48 new) is just $4 more than buying a SIM card. Probably still a bunch left in other locations too since it's from anyone who tried out the service and returned it in less that 2 weeks or 30 min of active service.

So that might make the decision to go with Wind easier for someone sitting on the fence.
Aug 30, 2011
448 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
JAC wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2011 2:09 am
Worth mentioning is the fact that you can't port a number to your Wind service after you've activated the phone. So if you want to evaluate Wind, you have the choice of dumping your old number or buying a second sim card to port your old number to.

I was able to port my number after I activated my phone and SIM card when I evaluated wind (about 3 months after its launch) without getting a new sim card.
[OP]
Oct 5, 2007
107 posts
23 upvotes
matt2_m416 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2011 5:08 am
Wanted to add two things to this thread. First, while the previous thread mentioned call display being included free of charge I was surprised to learn that when you miss a call (out of range, etc...) you get a text message informing you of it - included too. I had signed up for the $5/ month voice mail add on and I might not have had I known about the SMS missed call feature.
You can call CS before the end of first month and remove the VM add on and you will not be charged there after.
Feb 14, 2011
62 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Do they take your name and address to open a PAYG account?
Say I want to try it and then sell it on Craigslist if I don't like it.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4684 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
m1024 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2011 2:00 am
Do they take your name and address to open a PAYG account?
Say I want to try it and then sell it on Craigslist if I don't like it.

They take your name but if its prepaid why should it matter. All you need is a phone number and PIN to login.
Feb 14, 2011
62 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
icemasta wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2011 2:03 am
They take your name but if its prepaid why should it matter.
If I decide to sell it then I have to transfer the account to the new owner. It's a pain. I'm not gonna bother then.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1143 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
drug dealers and prostitutes across Canada rejoice because Wind decided to extend this promotion... j/k.. I might need to get one.. seriously, I'm not a drug dealer or prostitute
Feb 14, 2011
62 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
jp149 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2011 2:21 am
drug dealers and prostitutes across Canada rejoice because Wind decided to extend this promotion...
LOL. Did Wind solve the problems with robot voice? I don't think many people would go with a robot sounding prostitute. No offense Wind fans, it's just that robot voice is my biggest concern.
× < >