Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1302 posts
73 upvotes
Brampton

Wind Tab

So, I've had an account with Wind for 5-6 years to the best of my memory and it occurred to me that after Year 3 they paid off whatever phone that was on that line. So I could have got another on Mytab for free (using an iphone 7plus on that account currently) So I just want to get a phone since I will get it through my tab...but i'm so confused on how it works... This is what I see. So what goes where and why would I take the 'ADD 15 month' option if i can get it for cheaper...
Images
  • wind.png
I`m back.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7269 posts
2290 upvotes
ON
You're on an old plan $40+ (e.g. Holiday Miracle) and you're eligible for $250 free.
Pick the first option and you pay device price - $250 (they pay the remaining $250 over the 24 months).

The other options are them giving you the option to put less down up front but pay it back.
So you'd pay $15/mo (for 24 months) over what you pay now, and they'd give you $450 off up front.
Pay $25/mo (for 24 months) and they'd give you $650 off up front.

If $1000 phone

Option A)
You pay $750 on day 0, $0/mo and $250 free tab paid over 24 months. Cancel early and pay the remaining balance of the $250 depending on the months remaining.
Total $750 (+tx)
Option B)
You pay $550 on day 0, $15/mo for 24 months. Cancel and pay the balance of the $450 remaining, depending on the months remaining
Total $910 (+tx)
Option B)
You pay $350 on day 0, $25/mo for 24 months. Cancel and pay the balance of the $650 remaining, depending on the months remaining
Total $950 (+tx)

Bottom line, take the $250 only and pay the rest yourself otherwise you don't really get a bonus.

Once you're on the $250 tab you can switch to a newer plan if you want and keep the $250 free balance in the existing tab (new accounts get $0 and have to pay at least $5/mo for a tab). When you renew, the new rules would apply.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1302 posts
73 upvotes
Brampton
Much appreciated. That's what my wife uses and I just keep putting the latest iPhone to that plan. Unlimited data (High Speed Capped at 5gb and unlimited everything else) I even just cancelled the unlimited India $20 feature because in the 6 years since we have had that, her family has immigrated here. I was having trouble remembering how it worked. Thanks again!
I`m back.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7269 posts
2290 upvotes
ON
If you're on the HMP @$40 you can trade for the current plan (it says new customers only, but ask nicely as a long term customer and they'll do it, I know a few people who did this):
https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-and- ... one-40-6gb

Basically the same but adds
LTE access
+1GB (6 total high speed, then throttled)

Removes
US long distance
$250 tab (IMO this won't matter as I could see them ending all tab bonuses before your current one renews)

If you do switch, get the $250 tab first as the new plan has $0 base tab, would only have a bonus if a promo comes up.