Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WIND Mobile

Unlimited Data + Data Stick -- $99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2015 5:17 pm
Jan 9, 2011
179 posts
35 upvotes

[WIND Mobile] Unlimited Data + Data Stick -- $99

Is this a hot deal? For $99 you get a data stick , 2 months of unlimited data, plus a sim card.
Can you pair it with something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-MiFi-W ... 1e8efb9cd9 and have a wifi hotspot? Would this router work?
I'm basically looking for a 3G router to use with a WIND data stick, don't want to spend on an all in one unit. This seems like the cheapest route to go. Anyone recommend a 3G router to use on Wind Network?
21 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
Mofi3500 router does this extremely well. Wind android phones 2.2 and up can do this also becoming a hotspot.
Jan 9, 2011
179 posts
35 upvotes
beachlover wrote: Mofi3500 router does this extremely well. Wind android phones 2.2 and up can do this also becoming a hotspot.
Seems the Canada Wide Plan ($44) could work out to be much better then. I don't do much calling or text but use quite a bit of data. Add the free $10 add ons and get the Premium data service and the fair usage goes up to 10Gigs.
Use the $250 wind tab and get a free Samsung S5 and use that as a hotspot. Only issue I have would be the battery life on the phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
dtour wrote: Seems the Canada Wide Plan ($44) could work out to be much better then. I don't do much calling or text but use quite a bit of data. Add the free $10 add ons and get the Premium data service and the fair usage goes up to 10Gigs.
Use the $250 wind tab and get a free Samsung S5 and use that as a hotspot. Only issue I have would be the battery life on the phone.
I agree. But I only answered your question. The strength of this deal is getting it on "pay before". No Windtab but you save money because you can strategically use it. Such as only use it 10 days, every 3 months, and only have to pay for those ten days. Plus as you see in my SIG, get 10% from me.
Mar 24, 2006
654 posts
24 upvotes
i am a bit of scared of touching the wind data stick again, i had one of that 1 year ago, used it mostly in downtown core and along the mississauga, oakville area. downtown area mostly the connection speed is less than 50k (even slower than my analog modem dial up 15 years ago), outside of downtown, speed is slightly better, but still in the range of 70k-90k bps and the connection would constantly got dropped. for some reason, their phone have better connection speed each time i use friend's phone to do a speed comparison. walked into their store, told my data stick connection speed is normal.
Jan 9, 2011
179 posts
35 upvotes
oakville wrote: i am a bit of scared of touching the wind data stick again, i had one of that 1 year ago, used it mostly in downtown core and along the mississauga, oakville area. downtown area mostly the connection speed is less than 50k (even slower than my analog modem dial up 15 years ago), outside of downtown, speed is slightly better, but still in the range of 70k-90k bps and the connection would constantly got dropped. for some reason, their phone have better connection speed each time i use friend's phone to do a speed comparison. walked into their store, told my data stick connection speed is normal.
hmm good to know thanks. I've never tried Wind but I hear they have a lot of connection issues. Can't beat the price though.
Jan 9, 2011
179 posts
35 upvotes
beachlover wrote: I agree. But I only answered your question. The strength of this deal is getting it on "pay before". No Windtab but you save money because you can strategically use it. Such as only use it 10 days, every 3 months, and only have to pay for those ten days. Plus as you see in my SIG, get 10% from me.
Nice strategy. I'm still researching the best options atm. I really need data at all times though.
Mar 24, 2006
654 posts
24 upvotes
as i worked mostly under the unix dumb terminal env, so i can tolerate the 50k speed, what i can not tolerate is the drop rate, hard to get a connection that can stay on more than half an hour, sometime i can spend 10-20 mins, adjust my location around, in order to get stable signal that do not drop connection, this is the situation in downtown toronto. the sales rep at dundas square say they are adding capacity, but after 6 months with them with nothing changed, i gave up
dtour wrote: hmm good to know thanks. I've never tried Wind but I hear they have a lot of connection issues. Can't beat the price though.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
Look at other Wind RFD threads. Many, many happy RFDers get very fast data speeds, like me (and from Toronto to Burlington, including Oakville). I get over 9 (mb/s, or whatever it's called. Its not LTE, but its close, and certainly not LTE price gouging) for years now.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1275 posts
327 upvotes
beachlover wrote: I agree. But I only answered your question. The strength of this deal is getting it on "pay before". No Windtab but you save money because you can strategically use it. Such as only use it 10 days, every 3 months, and only have to pay for those ten days. Plus as you see in my SIG, get 10% from me.
I'm a bit confused about how you can set this up so that you only pay for the days you use...isn't it 2months of service which is pre-paid from the day you activate it regardless of whether you use it or not.

I don't think it's 60 days of usage which can be split up over a larger amount of time (say 6 months)...unless I'm misunderstanding you.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
4205 posts
505 upvotes
Calgary
Does anyone know who to contact to fix wind's online store ordering problem?
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
kuzi wrote: I'm a bit confused about how you can set this up so that you only pay for the days you use...isn't it 2months of service which is pre-paid from the day you activate it regardless of whether you use it or not.

I don't think it's 60 days of usage which can be split up over a larger amount of time (say 6 months)...unless I'm misunderstanding you.
That wasn't said nor implied at all. I'm talking about after those 60 days, going forward. Say you had gotten this Dec 1st. It would be active till Jan 31st. Then you could do nothing for 2 months and 20 days. Then just pay 1/3 ($11.66) and it would work from April 21st to end of April. If you want April 11th to end of April ($23.34). Its taking advantage that one doesn't have to pay for suspended periods, like all other providers do.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1275 posts
327 upvotes
beachlover wrote: That wasn't said nor implied at all. I'm talking about after those 60 days, going forward. Say you had gotten this Dec 1st. It would be active till Jan 31st. Then you could do nothing for 2 months and 20 days. Then just pay 1/3 ($11.66) and it would work from April 21st to end of April. If you want April 11th to end of April ($23.34). Its taking advantage that one doesn't have to pay for suspended periods, like all other providers do.
Oh I didn't realize you could do that...that is pretty hot...thanks!
Nov 19, 2013
88 posts
2 upvotes
Egbert
I just ordered on of these. I have a question though. How do I know I'm on the wind network and won't get any extra charges?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
mymadelynn2 wrote: I just ordered on of these. I have a question though. How do I know I'm on the wind network and won't get any extra charges?
I think it's a prepaid service so it won't work outside Wind network unless you add funds or credits to your account.
Silence is the best answer to a fool