Home & Garden

Window in basement bedroom or living area ??

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 12:01 pm
[OP]
May 27, 2013
235 posts
15 upvotes

Window in basement bedroom or living area ??

Trying to choose placement of second bedroom in basement.....But trying to choose if 2nd bedroom should have a window or the living area
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4739 posts
1547 upvotes
Paris
wantboost1 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:30 am
Trying to choose placement of second bedroom in basement.....But trying to choose if 2nd bedroom should have a window or the living area
Bedroom for escape.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
1167 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
Is this a new build? Are you choosing where to put the rooms relative to existing windows or are you actually cutting holes in your foundation for new windows?

The fact you're asking if you should have a window in a basement (or any) bedroom suggests you should stop this DIY thing and hire a licensed contractor, get a permit and do things right.

I don't ask how to perform heart surgery, because I shouldn't do it myself. Same thing with you and your basement if you don't know about egress windows etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
3847 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
A bedroom needs a window, and it needs to be at least a certain size.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
6920 posts
3923 upvotes
Edmonton
wantboost1 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 11:40 am
Trying to choose floor plan layout .
If you want a bedroom, and depending on the building code in your area, you need to have a window. So I think you need to start with that. Does the second bedroom have another window, or will this be the only one?

C

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)