Window Tinting - Where?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2016 4:26 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4560 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
crazybear wrote: Voted for Audio Heave for their Solar Guard film, Jeff, the owner is very nice to talk with. I am sure he will give you the best advise.
right now they have promo $179

http://audioheaven.ca/

I went there for four diff cars and very satisfied with the result
Thanks. I see $119 for 2 windows.

Is the solar guard good enough? Or should I get ceramic for $160.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
ceramic tint has better clarity, esp. winter months.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2166 posts
710 upvotes
The 23% charcoal tint at audio heaven will be a near perfect colour match with ur factory tints.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
AudioHeaven, they also have lifetime warranty.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Apr 15, 2008
115 posts
73 upvotes
I thought I'd chime in because I've been to both Auto-Links and FX.

Auto FX
- Tint done on a Lexus ES. Formula 1 product was good. There was bubbling around the dot matrices around the rear windshield. And it was never flush with the defrosting lines either. Was told it was the nature of the beast but I wasn't too thrilled about how it turned out. Wouldn't be a concern if all you're doing is the front two windows

Auto-Links
- Job well done on a Mazda 5. Ceramic tint. Also had some speakers installed at the time too. I don't know where the negativity comes from as John seemed to genuinely care. He actually talked me out of spending more money on stuff I asked about.

I'd recommend both shops for your purposes. But whatever you do, don't get a tint darker than the factory windows in the rear. That might turn out to look not so great. Some cops on a bad day might give you a hard time about that too.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13011 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
Does this include the back window as well? The 2 window one. Looking to just get the rear and back windows done.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4560 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
at1212b wrote: Does this include the back window as well? The 2 window one. Looking to just get the rear and back windows done.
No. The back windows all come factory tinted.

We only need the driver, passenger, and the two small triangles done.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1107 posts
62 upvotes
Bolton, ON
You may want to consider doing all the windows as I don't believe that the rear windows offer any UV protection, and are tinted for the dark appearance only. If you have children in the back, you might want to add some level of UV protection for them.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4560 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
BradT wrote: You may want to consider doing all the windows as I don't believe that the rear windows offer any UV protection, and are tinted for the dark appearance only. If you have children in the back, you might want to add some level of UV protection for them.
Hmm.. Good idea. Need to look up if they offer any UV protection for the back windows.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1097 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
PINNACLE SERIES PREMIUM CERAMIC FILM (available 5/15/30/40/50%)

Does Auto-links offer tint % between 15 and 30? ie. 25%
Jul 2, 2008
610 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
dc200 wrote: cobra1 or pure auto in mississauga, because not everyone lives in york.
anyone with experience on these 2?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5148 posts
2194 upvotes
Mississauga
raxa wrote:
dc200 wrote: cobra1 or pure auto in mississauga, because not everyone lives in york.
anyone with experience on these 2?
I had experience with Pure Auto and Auto-Links.

Pure Auto puts the tint on very quick, but I did experience issue with a tear when inspecting right after keys were handed back to me. They fixed it right up though.

Auto-Links comparatively takes their time putting the tint on, but I also had to go back again due to some large dust and leftover residue in the rear windshield. They fixed both issues.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)