• Nov 29th, 2010 1:46 pm
Tags:
None
11 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
209 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: Yeah, like the one on the left. For probably less than $0.01 to make you would think MS would include one if you bought a version of Windows 7.

wow you must be the only person on the planet that wants that ugly thing on their computer
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
nagasadow wrote: wow you must be the only person on the planet that wants that ugly thing on their computer
lol I don't mind those badges but I certainly wouldn't pay for one.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
209 upvotes
Matrixvibe wrote: lol I don't mind those badges but I certainly wouldn't pay for one.

well i heard something they wont be shipping laptops with case badges anymore
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2007
5330 posts
3052 upvotes
Scarborough
Try eBay if you want one. D:
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
209 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: So when you buy a new desktop or laptop the first thing that you do is rip off all the stickers the manufacturers put on? I highly doubt it.
actually that is exactly what i do with my laptops. Desktops ive been building myself since 01 so yeah. The laptops i have I actully just photocopy the bottom and rip off the windows coa. I only leave on the serial numbers.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6697 posts
266 upvotes
St. Catharines
nagasadow wrote: wow you must be the only person on the planet that wants that ugly thing on their computer

The stickers will make his laptop faster you know just like the ricers with there cars and stickers. I hate when people brand there cases with stickers and windows,ugly LED fans,lights. :facepalm: :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7742 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
nagasadow wrote: actually that is exactly what i do with my laptops. Desktops ive been building myself since 01 so yeah. The laptops i have I actully just photocopy the bottom and rip off the windows coa. I only leave on the serial numbers.

so what happens when (if) you sell the laptop, you've taken the COA from the bottom, and thus taken the legal 'documentation' for the person who buys it to install the version of Windows that was included. You can't keep the key, because it's not YOURS, it's belongs with the computer it came with (especially OEM copies.)
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1684 posts
298 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: So when you buy a new desktop or laptop the first thing that you do is rip off all the stickers the manufacturers put on? I highly doubt it.

I go so far as to cover up the logos on my TV and other components in my entertainment rack. Seriously I think it makes the whole setup look less "cheap".
My SLR is all covered up with electrical tape as well. Kinda my way of saying "I make my own brand, and I don't piggy back off the marketeers"
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
781 upvotes
Matrixvibe wrote: You mean like these case badges?
[IMG]http://www.geekextreme.com/wp-content/u ... taible.png[/IMG]

I've never gotten any with my OEM copies. I thought they only came with branded computers and laptops...

Sorry, computers aren't lego and don't need ugly stickers stapled everywhere.

Though most people won't mind this 'sticker' at all :lol: :

[IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9434/captureno.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
209 upvotes
_Allan_ wrote: so what happens when (if) you sell the laptop, you've taken the COA from the bottom, and thus taken the legal 'documentation' for the person who buys it to install the version of Windows that was included. You can't keep the key, because it's not YOURS, it's belongs with the computer it came with (especially OEM copies.)
the its not yours part of what you said made me laugh. You must be of the type of person that doesnt do anything illegal (like software pirate). I havent sold any laptops or desktops since I started buying them. They either become gutted when they die or handed down the family or get thrown out in the trash after a serious beating with a sledge hammer.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)