Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1567 posts
47 upvotes
usa

windows address book for windows 7

i just recently did a fresh install of win 7 on my pc, but still have the hdd from my winxp pc. how do i get to the contacts program in win7 and also how to import the wab file to win7? i was able to paste the wab file to vista, but i remember there were some items that were messed up (i think bdays or something). with win7, i couldn't even figure it out. anyone can help?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gta1216 wrote: i just recently did a fresh install of win 7 on my pc, but still have the hdd from my winxp pc. how do i get to the contacts program in win7 and also how to import the wab file to win7? i was able to paste the wab file to vista, but i remember there were some items that were messed up (i think bdays or something). with win7, i couldn't even figure it out. anyone can help?
use windows live mail or install outlook 2010
--
I like detailing cars!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1567 posts
47 upvotes
usa
m4gician wrote: use windows live mail or install outlook 2010
any other help besides using windows live mail or outlook 2010? i use outlook express at work and hate it so much. i know outlook express and outlook 2010 may be different, but still.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3531 posts
642 upvotes
Corktown
In Windows Live Mail click on the "Contacts" icon (at the bottom left) to open the "Contacts" window.

Use "Alt-M" to open the "Menu" and you will see "Import". You'll have a variety of choices including .WAB, Outlook Address Book and .CSV.

I think I had to use .CSV to go from Vista Windows Mail to Windows 7 Live Mail.

And of course you must still have access to Vista to create the .CSV file.

Good work Microsoft! :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1567 posts
47 upvotes
usa
windows live mail is an email client, correct? i don't need any email clients and don't like them either. i am forced to use one at work and that's the only time i do.

anyway, is there any other method for copying the wab from my winxp hdd to my win7? the whole reason i use the wab in xp (and why i want it in win7) is for having an address/phone book to keep all the numbers, bday, etc in one place.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)