• Jan 5th, 2015 11:44 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
3067 posts
1220 upvotes

Windows Firewall not blocking....

Trying to block incoming/outgoing traffic for utorrent. I made 2 rules to block utorrent (not the port but the program itself). After making the adjustments in windows firewall. I opened up utorrent and try to download kali linux....inbound and outbound traffic still going through. What am I doing wrong?
8 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12037 posts
5142 upvotes
I see what you're tryi to do, but don't underst why, lol
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
3067 posts
1220 upvotes
weird i even tried blocking my browser and internet still works. Even uninstalled Kaspersky.
Nov 14, 2008
857 posts
325 upvotes
Maybe uninstalling Kasperesky disabled it?
Why dont you just uninstall utorrent?

If you want easy per application blocking on a PC I found this (free non trial version )application a long time ago.
Windows firewall control -http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/order.html Make sure to download the free one
it will alert you when anything new tries to connect out, like the mac application Little snitch. It also stops alot of auto installing spyware/malware since they all try to connect back and download their payload
Unfortunately many of the users I have installed it on don't understand what to block or allow and get annoyed and uninstall it.

CFRTim wrote: Ahhhh, I'm not sure you're understanding Windows Firewall, what it is, what it does or how it works. As I said before, I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish, but maybe Windows Firewall is not the solution.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/wind ... -to-finish
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
3067 posts
1220 upvotes
Piro21 wrote: So why not just disable automatic startup and only start it manually when you're connected to your VPN?
Fail safe :)

This way if I open utorrent by acciddent or for what ever reason utorrent will not work unless my vpn is running.