Computers & Electronics

Windows Media Player - Print CD Song List??

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2005 7:12 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1776 posts
105 upvotes

Windows Media Player - Print CD Song List??

Hi,

Does Windows Media Player (version 10) have a feature to print a CD Song List after burning a CD?
If not, any suggestions how to print off a song list without having to type it all in??

thanks
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
23251 posts
2071 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
After you copy your MP3s to CD, the files are converted to WAV and the names are replaced.

I don't think Windows Media Player has a print feature, but, if you use Nero, you can print a cover for your CD that will give you a list of names.

If none of these work, then the alternative would be to create a folder on your desktop called MP3 and copy the MP3s in question into this folder (copy, not cut) then open a Command Prompt and type

cd desktop\mp3
dir > ..\mp3title.txt
exit

Now you will see a file on your desktop called MP3title.txt, just double click it and Notepad will open it. You can then delete what you don't need and print the list.

A little crude, but it works.

I am sure there are utilities that will print out directory contents for you too. But I can't think of any off hand.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1776 posts
105 upvotes
Thanks Gee for all that. I'll give it a try.
Easy CD Creator had an great little feature for printing CD Song list covers but I don't have that program anymore...
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
23251 posts
2071 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Instead of using Notepad to edit the song list. It would be quicker to import it into Excel as delimited text and just delete the colums you don't want.