Computers & Electronics

Windows Media Player - Print CD Song List??

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2005 7:12 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1763 posts
103 upvotes

Windows Media Player - Print CD Song List??

Hi,

Does Windows Media Player (version 10) have a feature to print a CD Song List after burning a CD?
If not, any suggestions how to print off a song list without having to type it all in??

thanks
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
20685 posts
1292 upvotes
Aurora
After you copy your MP3s to CD, the files are converted to WAV and the names are replaced.

I don't think Windows Media Player has a print feature, but, if you use Nero, you can print a cover for your CD that will give you a list of names.

If none of these work, then the alternative would be to create a folder on your desktop called MP3 and copy the MP3s in question into this folder (copy, not cut) then open a Command Prompt and type

cd desktop\mp3
dir > ..\mp3title.txt
exit

Now you will see a file on your desktop called MP3title.txt, just double click it and Notepad will open it. You can then delete what you don't need and print the list.

A little crude, but it works.

I am sure there are utilities that will print out directory contents for you too. But I can't think of any off hand.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1763 posts
103 upvotes
Thanks Gee for all that. I'll give it a try.
Easy CD Creator had an great little feature for printing CD Song list covers but I don't have that program anymore...
× < >