Windows XP Installation - Blue Screen 0x0000007B (0xF78D663C, 0x0000034,)
Long story short, the gf's computer went nuts and she needed a new one.
Here's what I picked up:
AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition
Mushkin HP2 6400 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800
WD Caviar Black 500GB SATAII 7200RPM 32MB Cache (OEM)
All's connected in the tower, cables are neat and tidy and I've checked and re-checked every connection to make sure things are properly connected.
Now it's time to install a fresh copy of XP, and after it finishes loading all the pre-setup things, I get smacked in the face with a Blue Screen (0x0000007b) Error Message.
I've spent the past couple hours googling and doing a combination of:
- Reconnecting the HD Sata cable
- Checking PSU connections
- Clearing CMOS and loading up Default settings
- Trying to set my SATA harddrive as IDE
- Ignoring my Mobo when it says to turn on "AHCI"
- Listening to my mobo and turning on "AHCI"
- Setting the Sata CHIP to run as Native IDE
- Trying a different XP disk (Pro, Corp. Pro w/ SP1, SP2)
- Pressing F6 and trying to load my own driver? I can't find which one to load...nor do I have a A: drive
I know the Specs look very similar to a computer that iWong picked up, and I have already tried to reach him to see if he can lend a hand with some BIOS settings.
I know there are lots of PC Pro's here, so I hope someone can lend a hand, or maybe even help me out in the GTA (if they don't mind, willing to $ if needed).
Thanks so much again!
Perfect 31-0 RFD