Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Windscribe VPN: Lifetime Subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2017 2:49 pm
Nov 17, 2005
317 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: For some reason, Windscribe doesn't seem to work at a public library Wifi but fine with Starbucks, home and tethered to my phone. It says my password is wrong.

Once I switch it to my tethered phone, works fine.
Did you have unrestricted Internet access when you tried to login? What you described may happen if the hotpsot requires you to open a browser and agree to terms or login before allowing you to browse.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
Seems to be faster with the optimizations for CA East, I guess of the route changes. There are still a bit of a slow down during 9pm today.

I'll keep testing over the next few nights and say more by middle of next week. Thank you for continuing to try!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
yegorpb wrote: Did you have unrestricted Internet access when you tried to login? What you described may happen if the hotpsot requires you to open a browser and agree to terms or login before allowing you to browse.
Yes I did. My friend actually said that some public Wifi's restrict VPN access so that could be the case.

My main issue now is that using Canada East or US West, it's been inconsistent when using NHL Gamecenter Live.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
After testing a few days starting Friday night, I find the speeds are much improved. Getting some slow downs at 10pm-midnight, but mostly staying within 20-22Mbit range for me. Day time it is 22Mbit pretty consistent. 10pm to midnight is when slowdowns begin.

Thank you for continuing to help!
Jun 26, 2006
189 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
Cant say good things like rageking. Without Windscribe I average 600+ Mbit, with Windscribe on either of the Windscribe Canada East servers I am getting 50 to 60 Mbits which is more than 20 times slower. P2P is pathetic. Stay away from Windscribe if you have a fast connection.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1873 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver
It seems the US servers allow P2P now.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
way2quik wrote: It seems the US servers allow P2P now.
Must be a mistake. There aren't any VPNs allow torrenting on US servers.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
It's been working fine for my use with GCL. So far, so good. Happy with my purchase right now.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Nov 17, 2005
317 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
rageking wrote: Must be a mistake. There aren't any VPNs allow torrenting on US servers.
No mistake.
Nov 13, 2009
786 posts
197 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
BaadDawg wrote: Cant say good things like rageking. Without Windscribe I average 600+ Mbit, with Windscribe on either of the Windscribe Canada East servers I am getting 50 to 60 Mbits which is more than 20 times slower. P2P is pathetic. Stay away from Windscribe if you have a fast connection.
I was thinking it was because of the speed, trying to cram it into the server tunnel as I had that issue before with a giga VPN connection with another set of different VPN's...however Im on Bell Fibe at 50mb/s and when I switched on Windscribe (connected to the Canada east server) the speed was fine for about 20 minutes and then it all fell apart...4 different speed tests and all came back at 2.32-2.98 mb/s..tried 3x and now giving up.
Mar 1, 2012
769 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
needed a vpn been using the 50gb free. price is 49.99 right now you can use a 10% coupon code MISSYOU10. Hopefully this will last a couple of years.
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
darkadvenger wrote: needed a vpn been using the 50gb free. price is 49.99 right now you can use a 10% coupon code MISSYOU10. Hopefully this will last a couple of years.
Tanga has 2-Years of Windscribe VPN & Browser Based Privacy Suite on sale for US$17.99 with promo code WINDDEAL.

Note, after you order, Tanga will send you an email containing a voucher and instructions how to redeem.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2003
1450 posts
210 upvotes
Was thinking about getting a subscription. Can anyone comment on Windscribe's service recently?
Mar 10, 2011
570 posts
501 upvotes
Niagara
sucks like a beast now. Was fine for a while but recently on first connect it seems fine then quickly drops off to 1.2-1.3
Really disappointed. Should've renewed with PIA. At least their speeds were consistent.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Jan 13, 2009
362 posts
167 upvotes
Vancouver
putty wrote: Was thinking about getting a subscription. Can anyone comment on Windscribe's service recently?
Out West (Saturday late morning) I'm getting between 6.8 and 28 Mbps down measured on different servers in NA (compared to 100 Mbps without the VPN). Other than the speed variations - I find the app generally works well - easy to change servers, etc.
Feb 20, 2009
272 posts
285 upvotes
Mississauga
In the past couple of weeks my Windscribe tunnels would establish but dropping after a few minutes. Temporarily switching back to PIA.
I guess we get what we pay for.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)